or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Testing the new forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Testing the new forum

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I am testing this new forum, and I'll hope that the quality of the posts will be high. There will be a huge team to moderate it.
post #2 of 18
I just think it's cool that you, Fran, and Anders have double-moderating powers.
post #3 of 18
Good idea.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #4 of 18
Yay!
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I just think it's cool that you, Fran, and Anders have double-moderating powers.

It's not double moderating power. It's Mr Jekyl and Mr Hyde double face
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
The main explanation is that it was the first time we created a sub forum, and we do not know all the features

. When you create a sub forum, moderators of the original forum are automatically moderators of the sub forum. If you add name of moderators in the sub forum that are already in the original forum, they will appear twice.

Now it's fixed.
post #7 of 18
Any word on whether PoliticalOutsider is just an election-year thing?

I'm hoping explicitly political election-year threads belong in the new forum, but that some overlap would be tolerated. For instance that more culturally-oriented threads wouldn't be relegated to the "Political" forum... and that you'd give the members some leeway in that regard. Everything *is* "political" afterall.

But congrats on bringing life back to AO.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Civil, factually informed political discussion.

Teehee.

Sorry, that just makes me giggle.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Any word on whether PoliticalOutsider is just an election-year thing?

I'm hoping explicitly political election-year threads belong in the new forum, but that some overlap would be tolerated. For instance that more culturally-oriented threads wouldn't be relegated to the "Political" forum... and that you'd give the members some leeway in that regard. Everything *is* "political" afterall.

But congrats on bringing life back to AO.

Yes everything is politically oriented, but obviously if you see in a post the word Bush, or Kerry, you know where the thread belong
post #10 of 18
Sorry for the glitches. This is our first subforum ever, and my first attempt at playing with vBulletin's templates, so there were some, uh, interesting side effects.

About the forum description: That's not a naive hope, it's an expectation backed up by the BAN STICK. Chuckle all you want, just don't violate it.

This forum is for threads explicitly concerned with the political process, or otherwise explicitly invoking political issues. Obviously, there is no bright line here, and there will always be judgment calls (we've already had to make some just moving threads out of AO). If you disagree with one of ours, feel free to PM.

Thanks.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
post #11 of 18
Testing.....testing.....one, two-uh......one, two-uh.

Seems to be working. Set volume to 11.

3 day bans? AI pussies!

Here's hoping. Fingers crossed guys.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #12 of 18
Check 1, 2. Check.
So a Democrat, a Republican, and an Independent go into a bar...
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
Reply
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
Reply
post #13 of 18
Monsieur Powerdoc l'admin! Woohoo!

Congrats man. Um, I guess.

Le sucker pour la punishment. Lucky for us.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
Monsieur Powerdoc l'admin! Woohoo!

Congrats man. Um, I guess.

Le sucker pour la punishment. Lucky for us.

Merci
post #15 of 18
Segregation is not the answer. Please integrate this subforum back into AO.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Existence
Segregation is not the answer. Please integrate this subforum back into AO.

No.
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
No.

Yes (to the no)
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
Check 1, 2. Check.
So a Democrat, a Republican, and an Independent go into a bar...

... and the bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Testing the new forum