or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Campaign sign suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Campaign sign suggestions

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Does anyone have any suggestions for making homemade campaign signs? John Kerry's first campaign event after his acceptance speech on Thursday is in my hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania on Friday afternoon. It's a public event, so organizers are expecting about 10,000 people with tickets to show up. My family, my girlfriend, and many of my friends have tickets. Should be good.

Well I was thinking of making a "No W" sign (similar to the no smoking symbol) because it's distinctive and easy to make. But after watching Obama and Edwards' convention speeches, bashing Bush like that doesn't seem like the best thing to do.

Maybe just a large sign saying "H O P E" that echoes the positive convention theme of economic hope and opportunity. I'm looking to attract positive media attention, not to be marginalized as "bush basher" by the local media.

post #2 of 20
How about "John Kerry, he's no Hitler!" Or "Kerry/Edwards: Better hair for a better America." Or "John Kerry: His wife will kick your ass!" Or "AppleInsiders for Kerry!"
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
to each suggestion.

So are you saying I shouldn't use the goya-esque image of a gruesome Bush-headed beast ripping off the head of a child?
post #4 of 20
*CONFIRMED* John kerry is the next president!!!11!! <---Inside info1!!
orange you just glad?
Reply
orange you just glad?
Reply
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Does anyone have any suggestions for making homemade campaign signs? John Kerry's first campaign event after his acceptance speech on Thursday is in my hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania on Friday afternoon. It's a public event, so organizers are expecting about 10,000 people with tickets to show up. My family, my girlfriend, and many of my friends have tickets. Should be good.

Well I was thinking of making a "No W" sign (similar to the no smoking symbol) because it's distinctive and easy to make. But after watching Obama and Edwards' convention speeches, bashing Bush like that doesn't seem like the best thing to do.

Maybe just a large sign saying "
H O P E" that echoes the positive convention theme of economic hope and opportunity. I'm looking to attract positive media attention, not to be marginalized as "bush basher" by the local media.


They'll have the signs for you. You can pick them up before you walk into the event.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #6 of 20
Have you considered fancy dress?

I'm thinking maybe a bombed Iraqi. Rip up some old clothes, cover yourself in lashings of fake blood, tie your foot to your upper thigh to simulate amputation, a crutch, bandage round your head and voila!

Ooh, ooh, ooh you could be a tortured prisoner. No clothing required. Just attach some wires to various body parts (don't forget the rude bits!) and whack a bag on your head. g/f could go as the England lassie and you could entertain the crowds with an impromptu street performance.

Do you own a large vicious dog?
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #7 of 20
"Hope is on the way" seemed almost unbearably cheesy last night. How about "Hope, Not Fear"? Hope in blue, Fear in red. Or something that plays off of Lt. Col. For Kerry's line that he'll follow Kerry anywhere?
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
*Newsflash*

Ben Affleck is coming, too.

That might change the sign-making equation!
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
"Hope is on the way" seemed almost unbearably cheesy last night. How about "Hope, Not Fear"? Hope in blue, Fear in red. Or something that plays off of Lt. Col. For Kerry's line that he'll follow Kerry anywhere?

It didn't just seem unbearably cheesy, it was unbearaby cheesy!
It made me, a die hard-get-Bush out now, question my vote for a split second!!

How about this "Sharpton approved", "Kerry and Edwards: They have Better Guest Speakers", "Edwards: he can sell you a car too"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
post #10 of 20
John Kerry: His wife can speak 7 languages. That's like 7 more than Bush.
post #11 of 20
Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Edwards Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Edwards Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Edwards Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Kerry, Edwards

In the tone and theme of that god awful Badger, badger song. That'll stick---I had that stupid song in my head for a few days after seeing that crappy video.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
Reply
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
Reply
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
John Kerry: His wife can speak 7 languages. That's like 7 more than Bush.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Unfortunately, my brother told me that his job as a volunteer is to confiscate ALL signs at the gate.

Bummer.
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Unfortunately, my brother told me that his job as a volunteer is to confiscate ALL signs at the gate.

Bummer.

I believe someone in this thread mentioned earlier that they would have signs for you.

Remember Shawn, you must love Big Brother.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

That means you too, Nick.
post #16 of 20
How 'bout, "Vote Kerry, Before you vote against him"
post #17 of 20
my fav: "Support Our Troops, Vote Kerry"
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
How 'bout, "Vote Kerry, Before you vote against him"

Oh gave me an great idea. What about "Vote Bush 2000, before you vote against him"

Fellowship, want a t-shirt?
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #19 of 20
How about this one..

The war in Iraq is a sham and a lie, but Kerry will do it better!

Uh... yeah.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
John Kerry: His wife can speak 7 languages. That's like 7 more than Bush.

It's ironical, don't you think?

"Mr. President, if you had to sum up your administration in one word, what would it be?"

"Strategical."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Campaign sign suggestions