or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Roger Clyne for President

Roger Clyne for President

post #1 of 6
http://www.geocities.com/dderek_korn/RCinterview.html

A smart entertainer? As a registered Republican, I never thought I'd see the day when a left winger made so much sense, and of all people, he's in entertainment as a musician and songwriter. A very intelligent guy.
post #2 of 6
Shouldn't you be more worried about replacing Paterno than Bush?
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath
Shouldn't you be more worried about replacing Paterno than Bush?

post #4 of 6
I may be blind, but all I see is an interview about a rising musician. Were you just being supportive with the title? Because I'm not seeing the connection...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
I may be blind, but all I see is an interview about a rising musician. Were you just being supportive with the title? Because I'm not seeing the connection...

Here's the connection...

RC: As it stands now, I think that we as a nation are dealing with more politicians than statesmen--to me, I don't know--I don't personally think that we have the right person for the job in any of those candidates. I wish the politics would attract a higher caliber of person. I think that the politics need to be, not redefined but the politicians need to reaffirm or re-embrace the fact that public service is public service and they're not supposed to twist policies or anything towards personal ends. I also think that as a country, we have a big problem with railing against--we will identify a social problem and then it's solution is generally destructive. Instead of creating other alternatives, we try to... For example, the war on drugs--OK, I don't lay awake at night thinking about the war on drugs but as an example, instead of waging a war on drugs, we should, in my opinion, we would be better served as a people, as a nation, ultimately as a world to support recovery programs; to show people how to get off of drugs instead of punishing them for being ON drugs. I think there's a fundamental difference. One is very, very forceful which requires punitive measures and the other one comes from a different kind of power--the power of the individual to heal him or herself through society and I think that that has nothing really to do with the Kerry-Bush question but it sort of does. I don't think we've got the right person for the job and I don't want to say man or woman--I want to say that I don't think we've got the right person for the job here, yet. I don't feel excited or confident about voting for any of those candidates but I'll vote.
post #6 of 6
I see... shoulda done a "find" for "kerry" or "bush" rather then just "president"...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Roger Clyne for President