or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush says: knowing what we now know, woulda invaded anyway.

Bush says: knowing what we now know, woulda invaded anyway.

post #1 of 13
LA TIMES -Reg Required

Quote:
WASHINGTON President Bush declared Monday that "knowing what I know today, we still would have gone on into Iraq," signaling that revelations of flaws in the prewar intelligence had not changed his mind about the wisdom of attacking and removing Saddam Hussein from power.

So, THis tells me one thing, that Bush never cared about the information coming from Intelligence, he never has cared about intelligence!! . . he is saying that it never mattered, that what they told us were the reasons (if he believed them) were not reason enough anyway except for 'the people', and/or, what he told us (if he did not beieve it) was merely to sway the populace!! -in the latter case that would qualify as a 'lie'.

But this is still not all, he follows this up with a continuation of the false information . . . despite the findings of the commission . . . he continues to hold his ears and yell 'no wanna' . . as well as effectively contradicting what he said about 'knowing what we now know' . . . meaning: :"what we now know (but never mind-believe what we thought back than anyway)"
Quote:
Hussein "had the capability of making weapons."

"He had terrorist ties," Bush said. "The decision I made was the right decision."

As someone says in the article:
Quote:
"Statements like this by the president only lend credence to the charges that he was determined to attack, no matter what," Cook said.

It is insanity, the Iraq war has proven to be the single worst scenario in terms of fighting a war on Terror: creation of a new base for Terrorists, lending credence to the claim that the US wants to be a 'Crusader' against Muslims (OBL), and creating a thorough distraction of resources from the real military battlefront as well as alienating the US from any allias except, so far, Britain and Australia . . .and New Guinea!

AND (should be another thread) a good article in the New Yoker this month, shows how important the Internet has become for the New Jihadists, and reveals [B]how much larger, icredibly so, the Jihadism has grown since the BLUNDER in Iraq . . . BUT REMEMBER, Bush relegated Cyberterrorism to the Basement and basically let it rot and Pushed Clarke out thinking that it is unimportant!!!!
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #2 of 13
I made a similar post in the "Is the US safer" thread.

This line of reasoning, born out of a desperate need to gain (re)election and project his resolve, completely prooves that Bush NEVER needed accurate intelligence in order to invade Iraq.

It's so blatantly obvious.

The hubris and blind indifference to public opinion, enforced by a biased media, absolutely astounds me. These guys do what they want, when they want...everyone and everything be damned.

Astounding!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #3 of 13
Really.

I don't know why this isn't headline news!

Well . . . . considering what we call news these days I guess I understand . . . .
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #4 of 13
Definitely should be in headlines. It's outrageous!!! IMPEACH IMPEACH! JAIL!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
So, THis tells me one thing, that Bush never cared about the information coming from Intelligence, he never has cared about intelligence!! . . he is saying that it never mattered, that what they told us were the reasons (if he believed them) were not reason enough anyway except for 'the people', and/or, what he told us (if he did not beieve it) was merely to sway the populace!! -in the latter case that would qualify as a 'lie'.

No. That's your simple minded anti-Bush analysis. WOMD was one piece of a more complex puzzle. It's not all back and white.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic

Good idea

I guess it means nothing to you that what Bus said is tantamount to his saying tht NO MATTER WHAT he would have gone to war.

. . . which is also like saying that their reasons were for us alone, they had other reasons that were enough.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
No. That's your simple minded anti-Bush analysis. WOMD was one piece of a more complex puzzle. It's not all back and white.

Oh yeah . . . let me guess liberating the people of Iraq?

Why don't you spell out the gray areas Scott? . . . or will you actually risk content to a post?

Remember that our new favorite friends in Tajikestan and Uzbeckistan (as well as other places) are dictatorships with murderous thugs for leaders . . . what about them?

What would it take for people to see that Iraq was a war based on fabrications told to the US population while the real reasons were ideological (at best) or oil-resource oriented (at worst)? Would they have to come out and say: we would have gone into Iraq because we wanted to invade Iraq.
OR
are those grey area reasons to which you allude the same ideological reasons that motivated Bush-Perle-Wollfy Etc (Pax Americana) and you too believe those same ideological reasons?

Do we now invade other countries because we have a 'Vision' of how the world should be?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #8 of 13
Remember GWB's line about those Iraqis and assasination plots: "They tried to kill my daddy."

Personal grudges are not presidential.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #9 of 13
Listening to you people is like listening to an orchestra that can only play one note.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Listening to you people is like listening to an orchestra that can only play one note.

Perhaps there's only one note that's important to listen to in this piece.

As for Bush : Can you say SCAM?

OUT THE DOOR IN 2004!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #11 of 13
Quote:
It's not all back and white.

OK that's the second funniest thing you have said since "spouting off like an idiot and pretending there is no information there doesn't help!" What a joke.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic

No no no. Impeachment is only for Democrat president's who lie about personal relationships. This little thing Bush did, you know, start a war, send 1000 soldiers to their deaths, misleading the American people...that's totally acceptable. WE'RE AT WAR GODDAMMIT! SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
No no no. Impeachment is only for Democrat president's who lie about personal relationships. This little thing Bush did, you know, start a war, send 1000 soldiers to their deaths, misleading the American people...that's totally acceptable. WE'RE AT WAR GODDAMMIT! SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

If you're not with us, you're against us. We made a lot of friends with this way of thinking.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush says: knowing what we now know, woulda invaded anyway.