or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unabashed Racist Wins GOP Primary in Tenn.

Unabashed Racist Wins GOP Primary in Tenn.

post #1 of 25
Quote:
Hart, 60, vows if elected to work toward keeping "less favored races" from reproducing or immigrating to the United States. In campaign literature, Hart contends that "poverty genes" threaten to turn the United States into "one big Detroit."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nics_candidate

He even got 83%(!) of the vote.

Hey, but at least he's not a democrat, right?!

[ha, I just realized that's something we all can agree on]
post #2 of 25
So what? He's just an overt racist and thus far less dangerous or damaging than the covert racists than now control the Republican party. He's a transcient manifestation of the Republican party's voicing of their true values (after he loses to the imcumbent Democrat).

The problem is the covert racists that control Washington.
post #3 of 25
Republicans are not racist. Please!
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Republicans are not racist. Please!

No, but 83% of Tenneseeans are.

(dons flameproof suit)
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo

republican tennesseans.
post #6 of 25
Should I mention Cynthia McKinney?
post #7 of 25
... or rather her father.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Should I mention Cynthia McKinney?

Oh yes, please do. Let us hear how she used "Terrorist's money" to fund her campaign. Let us hear how she "Hates Jews". Out with it. Stop toying with us and spill the beans. Let the world know what a racist this Cynthia is.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #9 of 25
Or how she lost in the primary.
post #10 of 25
Since he is for eugenics, does he want creationism taught in the classroom?
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Or how she lost in the primary.

Not so much the one she lost but the one she won.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
... or rather her father.

so big daddy's a racist?

my grandfather was racist, does that make me racist, or my mom?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Not so much the one she lost but the one she won.

Out with it man. What are you insinuating?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #14 of 25
her old congressional seat, the 4th district in georgia.
link
post #15 of 25
From the article:
Quote:
In campaign literature, Hart contends that "poverty genes" threaten to turn the United States into "one big Detroit."

Obviously a Lakers fan.
post #16 of 25
Quote:

(dons flameproof suit)

Or 83% of voting Tenneseeans. If you think about it that's only like 7 people.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Existence
So what? He's just an overt racist and thus far less dangerous or damaging than the covert racists than now control the Republican party. He's a transcient manifestation of the Republican party's voicing of their true values (after he loses to the imcumbent Democrat).

The problem is the covert racists that control Washington.

Unsupported and irrational.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #18 of 25
Just like you!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #19 of 25
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
republican tennesseans.

Well, that would make sense if 83% of Tenesseans were republican, but it's more like 100%.

Or, as Outsider pointed out, 5 of the 7 Tennesseean voters are republican.
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Well, that would make sense if 83% of Tenesseans were republican, but it's more like 100%.

No, as this is the GOP primary, votes are only open to GOP members.
post #22 of 25
Quote:

And they all have the same last name perhaps?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo
And they all have the same last name perhaps?

And maybe their long-dead relatives are voting too?
post #24 of 25

Ooooohh! Amazon book links!?

A color blind society with regards to race is the ONLY goal that we can have. I'd like to know how anything else is moral, reasonable or fair.
post #25 of 25
This is a basically a matter of internal party politics. No real Republican wanted to go up against a Democratic incumbent guaranteed to be re-elected, so an extreme right-wing nutjob went for the candidacy and essentially got it by default. He doesn't mind that he'll the election, the entire point of his candidacy is to boost his profile.

The GOP should have gotten behind a party loyalist with no real ambition for office to oppose this guy. Makes them look bad having such a loon on their ticket.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unabashed Racist Wins GOP Primary in Tenn.