or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The shit hits the fan

The shit hits the fan

post #1 of 8
The current budget proposal floating about Washington includes a decrease of a little more than 100 million dollars for the funding of the National Science Foundation. This organization for those of you not in the know is one of the largest governmental funding agencies for basic science research. On top of that, the NIH is beginning to persue science that has only direct medical applications, read pharmaceuticals. This funding cut thereby threatens much of the nations basic scientific endevors.

It was only time before this administration and the controlling members in congress began to drool over the relatively small allowance made to governmental science funding agencies. The shit has hit the fan... this nation used to be the world powerhouse in science, but without proper funding this leadership will quickly be lost.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #2 of 8
I've got news for you--it's already lost and it happened under Clinton (cf. SSC).
post #3 of 8
I know, I was just using a literary device...
post #4 of 8
please elaborate
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #5 of 8
NOOOO our poor NOVA and other quality programs funded in part by the national science foundation... NOOO!
The bored one.
The bored one.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
please elaborate

In what way?
post #7 of 8
hey, hey, hey... i believe the pristine pg-13 rating we barely have going in the forum thread titles could be preserved if you used something like "the poop hits the propellor" instead.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #8 of 8
Science is the work of the Devil!!! It has to go.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The shit hits the fan