or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › BUSH: History of playing unfair

BUSH: History of playing unfair

post #1 of 8
If Matt Drudge can smear John Kerry EVERY SIINGLE DAY so can I. Unfortunately very few people possess the amount of persuasive power as Matt Drudge wields via his #1 news portal. So in my effort to match Drudges current headlines bashing Kerry every single day I propose the following historical evidence of Bush's inability to be an effective leader and disqualification to be president (afterall, John and Teresa got in a fight in their hotel room...shock, gasp...yawn):

ASSHOLE BUSH

Bob Harris over at This Modern World has scanned photographic evidence that Bush was an asshole in college.

Quote:
Incidentally, while rugby is a contact sport, every player knows that tackling above the shoulders is a foul. So is leaving your feet during a tackle. Either of these is serious enough that the other team is immediately awarded a penalty kick, often directly resulting in points for the other team.

So even without throwing a punch, Bush is already well outside fair play.

Grasping an opponent by the back of the head and punching him in the face is beyond the pale -- I've watched rugby avidly for years, and I've never seen it during an open-field tackle like this, honest -- and will typically result in a player being immediately sent off.

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 8
Varsity mendacity?: With all the controversy about John Kerry's Vietnam medals and ribbons, who'd have thought that loyal George W. Bush aide Karen Hughes would be the one to catch the President fibbing about a supposed varsity letter? In her new book, "Ten Minutes From Normal," Hughes recounts a conversation with Bush after Russian President Vladimir Putin grilled him on his Yale days.

"President Putin knew you had played rugby, but he didn't have the context. I mean, you just played for one semester in college, right?" Hughes said.

Bush corrected: "I played for a year, and it was the varsity."

Yesterday, a Yale spokeswoman confirmed that there's no such thing as varsity rugby at Yale - not when Bush was an undergrad in the 1960s and not today.

---

Is all of this silly? You betcha. But Matt Drudge doesn't think so. So neither do I.

post #3 of 8
It is dirty, but its also trivial . . . and, he isn't hitting him as his arm would be going downward after spinning around from tackling him poorly (the other player's feet are listing towards the direction of Bush's initial movement, the player's right side, and Bush is swinging around the player . . . what's funny is that the tackle was probably unsuccessful )

But, as Harris says: character is destiny.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #4 of 8
That doesn't look like a punch. It looks like a tackle so I guess he committed a foul during the game.

OMG! This is terrible..terrible.... terrible....

I mean if Bush really wanted to do right, they he should have shot that player in the back like Kerry did to that kid in Vietnam. I mean what is a foul compared to war atrocities.

My two cents... now this flamebait thread can be locked.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
That doesn't look like a punch. It looks like a tackle so I guess he committed a foul during the game.

OMG! This is terrible..terrible.... terrible....

I mean if Bush really wanted to do right, they he should have shot that player in the back like Kerry did to that kid in Vietnam. I mean what is a foul compared to war atrocities.

My two cents... now this flamebait thread can be locked.

Nick

The purpose of this thread is to point out the rank hypocrisy of the conservative media. I propose that Network Solutions yank Matt Drudge's ISP priveledges because he is effectively lying to the public that he's simply a news portal when that reality is he's a shill for the GOP. Because there is no mission statement on his site, we are led to believe that he's an unobjective purveyor of news stories. Bullshit.

Do you agree that John and Teresa having a marital spat is news?

post #6 of 8
Each year there are many spinal injuries that leave people paralysed. The problem with the photograph is not what Bush is doing with the right hand. The punch in the face is unlikely to cause major injury.

The real problem is the left arm arround the guys neck and the fact that Bush is jumping in the air and sideways. The reason that sort of tackle is illegal is that it could easily leave a person crippled for life.

The more I find out about Bush the more he seems to be one of those saddistic bully types who never knew anything, never did anything except humiliate and bully and were somehow considered the most popular guys on campus.

The way he runs his administration is indicitive of his time spent at Yale loathing intellectuals and reminding everyone of who is father is.
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
The purpose of this thread is to point out the rank hypocrisy of the conservative media. I propose that Network Solutions yank Matt Drudge's ISP priveledges because he is effectively lying to the public that he's simply a news portal when that reality is he's a shill for the GOP. Because there is no mission statement on his site, we are led to believe that he's an unobjective purveyor of news stories. Bullshit.

Do you agree that John and Teresa having a marital spat is news?

Do you agree that when you go to Drudge daily to see what he has posted, you add money to his pockets?

I'm reminded of the scene in Private Parts where they discover that those that hate Stern listen as much as those who love Stern, all just to see what he is going to say next.

Whether Theresa and John having a little tiff and needed some distance from each other is news is besides the point because it keeps you coming back daily for more.

So please don't expect me to be upset when you put the ka- in Drudge's -ching. You have the option of not going to the site.

Nick

post #8 of 8
Stop going to Drudge's site.

Just stop going. There is no need to do it. There is no need to add to his numbers. There is no need to lower yourself that much.

Just stop going. Erase your bookmark and stop going. He does no reporting, he is just a conservative shill news aggregator.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › BUSH: History of playing unfair