or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Can you get the Student Discount In Apple stores?

Can you get the Student Discount In Apple stores?

post #1 of 9
Or is this offer only Online?
post #2 of 9
oh, and if you can, what kind of verification do you need to bring to the store with you?
post #3 of 9
only on hardware. software is only through the online store for some unknown reason that makes no sense at all
post #4 of 9
Ok so I can get an iPod insotre with the discount? Nice.

*Goes to Cancel online order due to the fact it takes a week to recieve*

Do you know what I would need to bring, if anything...to prove that I go to "such and such" school?
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by NavyUSA
Ok so I can get an iPod insotre with the discount? Nice.

*Goes to Cancel online order due to the fact it takes a week to recieve*

Do you know what I would need to bring, if anything...to prove that I go to "such and such" school?

You need proof of enrollment such as a student ID and a valid drivers license (or some sort of state ID). Beware, the Apple Store I just went to put me on a waiting list for the new iPod (see "Bought a new PowerBook: My Apple Store Experience).
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
post #6 of 9
oh ok, Ill be sure to call before I go and cancel my order.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
only on hardware. software is only through the online store for some unknown reason that makes no sense at all

Probably, because it stands a greater chance for abuse (i.e., you typically don't buy hardware for a non-qualifying friend).
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave K.
Probably, because it stands a greater chance for abuse (i.e., you typically don't buy hardware for a non-qualifying friend).

if I wanted it for a friend, the onl;ine store doesnt make that less possible, it just adds a 3-4 day shipping turn around.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave K.

JandR and Tekserve sell academic priced software without a problem.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Can you get the Student Discount In Apple stores?