or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › John Titor and the world of tomorrow

John Titor and the world of tomorrow

post #1 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman

So have fun, go nuts, and describe what would happen if Bush lost the popular vote, tied the electoral college and was elected by popular vote of the House of Representatives.

Nick

Then the prophecy of John Titor will come true.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders

WOW! seriously, that website had me engrossed for hours, good find!
post #3 of 10
Quote:

Cool site, taken with a grain of salt.

"There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005."

"The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII."

"A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people."

post #4 of 10
Quote:

Reads like a Tom Clancy novel. Okay-- wipe out a significant number of people and reorganize the government according to conservative principles. Didn't I read that in "Debt of Honor" and "Executive Orders?" So, no income taxes, no national welfare, strong second amendment support, lack of organized health care, a general support for "de-centralization," a warning to continue strongly supporting Israel, and a larger military influence. It could happen-- but it sounds far more like a conservative science fiction fan boy's wet dream.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Reads like a Tom Clancy novel. Okay-- wipe out a significant number of people and reorganize the government according to conservative principles. Didn't I read that in "Debt of Honor" and "Executive Orders?" So, no income taxes, no national welfare, strong second amendment support, lack of organized health care, a general support for "de-centralization," a warning to continue strongly supporting Israel, and a larger military influence. It could happen-- but it sounds far more like a conservative science fiction fan boy's wet dream.

Although you're right that it sounds ultraconservative and staunchly antifederalist, this statement clearly condemns the Bush administration's policies as being the whole reason for the political breakdown leading to the civil and world wars:

"Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency."
post #6 of 10
Quote:
From Titor's War
Will you readily be able to identify the enemy?

They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.
You must realize that why people are fighting is more important that what they are fighting with. The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights. They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong.

Interesting.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Although you're right that it sounds ultraconservative and staunchly antifederalist, this statement clearly condemns the Bush administration's policies as being the whole reason for the political breakdown leading to the civil and world wars:

"Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency."

Again, it sounds more like a conservative's warning against "liberalization" than anything else. Remember, conservatives worry about the "destabilization of the West" and the upholding of western values and culture. From our perspective, Bush's foreign policy certainly seems degrading, but the only specific foreign policy he mentioned was a weakened support for Israel-- certainly not a conservative policy to warn against. And I see absolutely no change in support for Israel by either major party, so my conclusion is that his whole time travel premise is an alarmist warning against deviating from conservatism.

Edit: seemed to have missed that lengthy section on war. After reading it, it seems a mix of conservative and libertarian principles-- with some notable inconsistencies.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Again, it sounds more like a conservative's warning against "liberalization" than anything else. Remember, conservatives worry about the "destabilization of the West" and the upholding of western values and culture. From our perspective, Bush's foreign policy certainly seems degrading, but the only specific foreign policy he mentioned was a weakened support for Israel-- certainly not a conservative policy to warn against. And I see absolutely no change in support for Israel by either major party, so my conclusion is that his whole time travel premise is an alarmist warning against deviating from conservatism.

Edit: seemed to have missed that lengthy section on war. After reading it, it seems a mix of conservative and libertarian principles-- with some notable inconsistencies.

Yeah, but Curiousburb's quote clearly shows my assertion as well. This guy does not like the "pro-war in the name of security" policies of Bushco.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Yeah, but Curiousburb's quote clearly shows my assertion as well. This guy does not like the "pro-war in the name of security" policies of Bushco.

Yeah-- I think you're right.
post #10 of 10
Quote:

Wow! That is one strange web site.

Someone has a great deal of time on their hands ( no pun intended ).
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › John Titor and the world of tomorrow