or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Find your Political Compass

Find your Political Compass - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Midwinter scored -10.00 and -9.03, so add that to your list, PosterBoy.

The three of us should start a revolution. (Midwinter and CrazyAussie)
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Midwinter scored -10.00 and -9.03, so add that to your list, PosterBoy.

The three of us should start a revolution. (Midwinter and CrazyAussie)

Oh no please not another one. One revolution a year is more than enough.

Damn, now I'm not second anymore. Shitbags. Anybody squeezes me out of third place, you DIE!
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #43 of 53
as near to -5, -5 as you can get... seems i am in a dark mood though...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #44 of 53
Those of you wishing to get a better look at the numbers, you can do so here

I'll add more analysis later.
post #45 of 53
Economic: -2.00
Social: -3.28

It describes my political stands closely enough, but not with precision.
It seems still mired in postwar left British political perspective and bemoans that most on the political mainstream left admits the pragmatic adequacy of at least some privatisations:
Quote:
Social Democratic parties adopting - reluctantly or enthusiastically - the new economic libertarian orthodoxy (neo-liberalism).

Leaving one wandering how come the concerned countries still have social security, progressive income tax, and in many cases even universal heathcare.

On the other hand, while laissez-faire rhetoric is being fashionable for the last twenty years, it failed to yield any actual Victorian renaissance, and although the confidence in the postwar mixed-economy model (or bourgeois-democracy if you must) has been quite eroded, no working alternative is currently implemented in developed western countries, whether from the side of the market-cult plutocrats, or from the side of the sessantottista total-revolution kooks.

In the meanwhile the louder leftist empty rhetoric (mostly from the far left) has replaced the Third-Estate by the Third-World in the role of the meeks worthy to inherit the earth, with a measure of antirationalist spirituality thrown in.

Should the People's Republic of China achieve a stable and functional model of laissez-faire economy in a totalitarian regime (or perhaps in a milder authoritarian form), it will be considered a viable alternative from swaths of both the right and the left, to the already slandered (notably on this very board) model of modern representative democracy; as these fellows have longings for a strong leadership to guide them and make them feel like they belong, as do most rebellious youth.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
post #46 of 53
I'll throw my results in, it appears that according to this questionare, I am really close to the viewpoints of Tony Blair. Surprising to me, I always considered myself more the the "right" than that.

Economic Left/Right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.56
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #47 of 53
Hello,

I have Excel working for me on these numbers now. I have added all the latest replies, as well as a chart of the sample means.

You can check it out here

Are there any analyses that anyone would like to see? Regression lines, etc?
post #48 of 53
Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23

Nice concept.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #49 of 53
Is it me, but are all the smartest people in the bottom left quardant?
post #50 of 53

hardly a shock..
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
post #51 of 53
I think you've missed midwinter's scores.

Seems to me this exhaustive research leads us to conclude the following:

1. While Mac users are overwhelmingly a bunch of left-wing ratbags, those who aren't are most likely to be fascist pig dogs.

2. ehMac is the most left-wing, Macrumors is the most right-wing but AI has the most extremists.

Too bad we can't make some comparisons with Windows users.

Thanks for your efforts PosterBoy this is highly entertaining stuff in a totally meaningless kind of way.
post #52 of 53
Yay for extremists!
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
I think you've missed midwinter's scores.

I did! Thanks for pointing that out to me (again)

Quote:

Too bad we can't make some comparisons with Windows users.

Unless I hop onto a PC forum and post the poll there.....

Quote:

Thanks for your efforts PosterBoy this is highly entertaining stuff in a totally meaningless kind of way.

Isn't it just? I'll keep adding numbers as long as people keep posting them, too.

And here is the graph, updated again.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Find your Political Compass