or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Pick a candidate!

Pick a candidate!  

Poll Results: Who would you pick

Poll expired: Aug 18, 2004  
  • 12% (1)
    Candidate A
  • 25% (2)
    Candidate B
  • 62% (5)
    Candidate C
8 Total Votes  
post #1 of 26
Candidate A

Associates with crooked politicians and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian. He doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 26
I went for A because I like martini's and I don't trust vegetarians!!
post #3 of 26
I voted for "1996 e-mail forward".
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by jwri004
I don't trust vegetarians!!

And it looks like I have good reasons not too!

post #5 of 26
I'd vote for WC over AH any day...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
I voted for "1996 e-mail forward".

I'm sorry I have a life and haven't seen every bit of email on the internet yet.

Sorry for presuming you have one as well.

I'll not make that mistake in the future.

Nick

post #7 of 26
It depends on where they stand on the issues. Seriously. That's all that's relevant. Excpept for the guy who was kicked out of office twice. I'd have to get to the bottom of that story.

By the way, I think the same thing if a candidate has ever run a company a hair's width from bankruptcy (cough... cough... bush).
post #8 of 26
Mail has a junk filter that works pretty well.
post #9 of 26
I'm guessing that the first two are celebrated American presidents and the last is Adolf?
post #10 of 26
Mmmm, opium...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Mail has a junk filter that works pretty well.

I know. It stopped the repeated spam from your mom appealing to me to watch web video of her and a horse.

Nick

post #12 of 26
You know, the funniest part about those mass emails is how they prey on the truly ignorant. For instance, anyone out there who graduated high school want to explain to trumpt why hitler never cheated on his wife?
post #13 of 26
Quote:
You know, the funniest part about those mass emails is how they prey on the truly ignorant. For instance, anyone out there who graduated high school want to explain to trumpt why hitler never cheated on his wife?

Hmmm maybe because he married her on the evening before the allies entered Belrin, and then the two committed suicide the next morning and their bodies burned. AH had a pention for the little girls if I recall correctly though.

Auf Wiedersehen
post #14 of 26
I haven't seen this before, and I like it. It shows that "character," at least how it's defined narrowly, isn't what is important.
post #15 of 26
It's all in how they do the job.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Hmmm maybe because he married her on the evening before the allies entered Belrin, and then the two committed suicide the next morning and their bodies burned. AH had a pention for the little girls if I recall correctly though.

Auf Wiedersehen

Danke.

And he wasn't a vegetarian, either.
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Danke.

And he wasn't a vegetarian, either.

I'll tell you what giant. I'll gladly let you be an expert on Hitler. Obviously you admire the man and have studied him in depth. It explains why you do what you do with the puppies and neighborhood children.

Why the hell can't you let someone enjoy their own threads. No one told you that you had to vote, respond or anything else. If you thought it something stupid, then ignore it. Your little personal obsession with deriding all things I post is getting a little creepy and weird.

Nick

post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
I know. It stopped the repeated spam from your mom appealing to me to watch web video of her and a horse.

It explains why you do what you do with the puppies and neighborhood children.

Your little personal obsession with deriding all things I post is getting a little creepy and weird.

Not as weird and creepy as all the perverted shit you post on here.

post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
Not as weird and creepy as all the perverted shit you post on here.

Oh... giant's alter ego is back.

Nick

post #20 of 26
If you get and email and the subject starts with "fwd:" then it's BS and belongs in junk. This is internet 101.
post #21 of 26
Is there a point to this thread? If so please return to it.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #22 of 26
The poll I created is only five days long. It was to share some information, and have some fun. Apparently some people can't tolerate that. If you don't care to vote or state why you are voting as you are, then please don't post in the thread.

Nick

post #23 of 26
Good.

We all learned from Clinton that you can be an excellent president no matter how you handle your private life. In the piece there is nothing about what policies they are gonna have. So I have to agree with Tonton. Only thing that got my attention: Not good idea to have a president that sleeps untill noon. It would be a hell to schedule_meetings.
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
Oh... giant's alter ego is back.

Nick

Oh man.....I thought you had "ignored" me? lol I hope one of these days someone from your school board drops in here and reads your "nuggets".

I can't wait for your next one.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
Oh man.....I thought you had "ignored" me? lol I hope one of these days someone from your school board drops in here and reads your "nuggets".

I can't wait for your next one.

I wouldn't mind someone from my school board dropping by at all. I'm an adult conversing with other adults. What I do on my off time, especially since I'm not even working this entire month, is my business. You prove a point though. You expect any one you disagree with to conform to some sort of sexual correctness.

Hey Gilsh. I wonder how many teachers have tried pot? I wonder how many have had an abortion since elementary teachers are 95% female and one in four pregnancies ends in abortion. I wonder how many party on weekends or sleep around before they are married, or gasp, act entirely human.

But then again, since no one knows anything about you and what you do. I suppose you can hide in the dark and cast stones.

Now, care address the thread?

Nick

post #26 of 26
Experiment closed.

If the world didnĀ“t offend and got offended as easily as this thread indicates things would be much smoother.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Pick a candidate!