or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Copy that Bush!

Copy that Bush!

post #1 of 14
Yesterday Copenhagen had its own Gay Parade and in the end the annual salmon (to those who swim against the stream) prize was given to our prime minister. Why? Because asked in the parliarment if he favors the right of gays to be married in the church he said yes (already now they can get a civil marriage that counts as marriage in the church in all legal aspects).

Now I am not in favor of him or his party (he is on the right wing, he declared war on Iraq because he wanted to stay buddybuddy with bush, etc etc etc) but I just feel that it puts the current debate in US in perspective for me.

Could you imagine Bush having his picture taken like this?:

Edit: Gay parade instead of love parade of course
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #2 of 14
From the title I thought this was going to be about women and photocopiers.
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
From the title I thought this was going to be about women and photocopiers.

post #4 of 14
Right, Anders, because KERRY would be JUMPING at the chance to be in that photo.

You forget: On that day, he had to be in the Senate to vote for the war that he voted for before he voted against but still would have voted for but thinks was a bad idea but now would have voted for anyway because Saddam Hussein was a threat it's just that we shouldn't have ****ed it up so badly and waited before doing what had to be done anyway.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 14
Who said anything about Kerry? I could not even see Dean do the same as our rightwinged primeminister.
post #6 of 14
President Bush would be nowhere near there. I will tell you why. It is not becasie he hates gays or is a homophobe bla bla bla. It is because he has a belief system of things he sees as right and others he sees as wrong. The gay folks have every right to exist and celebrate what they are, but a man of consience like our President has every right not to openly support it. He stands for what he believes.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
President Bush would be nowhere near there. I will tell you why. It is not becasie he hates gays or is a homophobe bla bla bla. It is because he has a belief system of things he sees as right and others he sees as wrong. The gay folks have every right to exist and celebrate what they are, but a man of consience like our President has every right not to openly support it. He stands for what he believes.

For the record it's pretty obvious Bush has no conscience.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Right, Anders, because KERRY would be JUMPING at the chance to be in that photo.

You forget: On that day, he had to be in the Senate to vote for the war that he voted for before he voted against but still would have voted for but thinks was a bad idea but now would have voted for anyway because Saddam Hussein was a threat it's just that we shouldn't have ****ed it up so badly and waited before doing what had to be done anyway.

Who says it " had to be done " then and in that way?

Plus Anders is right he was talking about Bush. But you're so eager to find something ( anything ) to take a pot shot at Kerry you jump the gun ( so to speak ).
post #9 of 14
Quote:

Since it's so hard for you to follow Kerry's chain of reasoning here's a helpful link: "spinning nuance".

Here's a handy summary:
Quote:
What is Kerrys stand on Iraq? Readers, get ready for some real brain-work! Here goes: Kerry says Bush should have had the authority to go to war, but then went to war prematurely. Wow! Have you finished scratching your heads about all the nuance involved in that statement? Its hard to believe that any grown person could pretend that this is complex or confusing. But thats the official RNC lineKerry is simply filled with nuanceand obliging scribes are typing it up, pretending this claim makes good sense. One of those puzzled scribes is Sanger, who scratches his head in todays piece about Kerrys nuanced explanation.

And "voted for it before he voted against it"? That would be the same bill Bush threatened to veto because he disagreed with parts of its final form.

Weird, huh? How could you be "for" something that is highly mutable and then decided you're "against" a later form? That Bush must be insane!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Who says it " had to be done " then and in that way?

Plus Anders is right he was talking about Bush. But you're so eager to find something ( anything ) to take a pot shot at Kerry you jump the gun ( so to speak ).

I was fooling around. Lighten up.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
I was fooling around. Lighten up.

Hey! There's a laugh icon. That's pretty light isn't?
post #12 of 14
Quote:

Funny that, as governor of Texas, Bush threatened to veto any attempt to repeal Texas' sodomy law that was struck down by the US Supreme Court last year. Knowing that, should you amend your statement to "gay folks have every right to exist and celebrate what they are....IN JAIL"? To be fair, Bush didn't actually make a point of throwing gay couples in jail. But he certainly preferred keeping that not-so-symbolic sword dangling over their heads.
post #13 of 14
obviously, towel, the supreme court is liberal... dabnabit...

Edit: And hence unwilling to take a stand on moral grounds.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #14 of 14
Quote:

And he sees being gay as wrong, and that makes him a homophobe by many people's definitions.

Scott: I love your first reply.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Copy that Bush!