or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How long must we pamper Moqtada Sadr?

How long must we pamper Moqtada Sadr? - Page 2

post #41 of 63
Looks like this might come to a head soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3580728.stm
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Looks like this might come to a head soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3580728.stm

Keep your Kleenex handy Communist Man!
meh
meh
post #43 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by Harald
Keep your Kleenex handy Communist Man!

And don't use an alcohol based screen cleaner - it rots the screen.

Meanwhile it seems that Alawi's man problem is not so much Sadr as the blind corner he has been left in by the US.

Basically, if they kill Sadr he will be a martyr and they will have multiple insurgencies on their hands. So that's off, they couldn't even successfully sort out Fallujah.

Oth, they can't leave him where he is because he will strengthen his power base and that course of action also sends a message to other would be rebels that it is do-able. So that's a no-no too.

There is only one course of action left: persuade Sadr that he will be accepted as a political candidate for the (supposedly) real elections in January. They will undoubtedly have to take this course and Sadr will probably milk them for as many concessions as he can in the process - immunity from prosecution on the (trumped-up) murder charges, more powers to his outfit as it transforms into a 'respectable' political party etc.....

So all in all - another monumental ****-up, another giant leap backwards on the road to being the same as it ever was before and another unmitigated failure notable only for more death and destruction and the vicarious thrills afforded to the diehard warheads in the twilight of their paltry 15 minutes.

Meet the new bosses - they're the same as the old bosses hahah
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #44 of 63
Well, Moggy and his mob are still in control of the Mosque, in direct contrast to the Iraqi/US statement 2 days ago that the police had entered the mosque and arrested some fighters.

This is why all journalists were banned from the area. So no one could report that the PR was all lies? Oh Look, Pakistan has arrested 6 more Al-Q terrorists. Is Bush about to hold a convention or what?
post #45 of 63
I guess this hasn't been broadcast in the USA news, or you're all too busy fighting over SBV4T, but something that might be seen as moderately good has happened.
post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by powermacG6
I guess this hasn't been broadcast in the USA news, or you're all too busy fighting over SBV4T, but something that might be seen as moderately good has happened.

Yep, the Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani came home, clicked his fingers, and both the US and Sadr retreated.
meh
meh
post #47 of 63
Which supports what I have said since the beginning of the war: that the US should snuggle up to Al-Sistani, he is our potential best-friend in the region . . . and also, I have a feeling, that even if he is a Grand-Ayatolla, he is a wise person and more moderate than we might think.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #48 of 63
This agreement did not cure the problem. It dispersed it to safe houses where it can retool and come back at us.
post #49 of 63
Democracy cant just be installed, Sadr has gained more power and influence and the current bosses are looking like fools. Does anyone expect democracy to work for these fanatics? i dont. It will degrade into a theocracy. in fact it has allready, they needed Al- Sistani to sort of fix things while the officials did little and who gained the most? Sadr didnt he murder some rivals? those Islamist love to follow the local hero murderer dont they? whats changed? new boss, old boss?
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #50 of 63
Quote:
This agreement did not cure the problem. It dispersed it to safe houses where it can retool and come back at us.

And your solution was to level the mosque, kill a couple of thousand more iraqi's, and have a few million muslims take up arms against the US within a couple of days.

[Even your beloved shrub isn't that dumb]

Good thinking Batman
post #51 of 63
Quote:

I agree, Sadr should have been taken down when he was wanted for murdering a couple of rivals. These fanatics dont go by rule of law only rule of islamic law if it suites them. They do love to follow murderers and seems this is how you become someone important in the islamic world. wrap yourself in your fanatic religion and kill some people and the next thing you know you have a bunch of crazies ready for Jihad! 17 virgins for me for killing a bunch of kids on a school bus or whatever.So what we missed the Americans, Sick Bastards following a sick leader breeding more sicko's. no wonder George Sr was content to let a murderer like Saddam run over these guys.
post #52 of 63
Ive always wonderered what the deal was with the 72 virgins. I'd sure love that, but what the hell am I going to do in the second week?
post #53 of 63
I'm getting quite tired of your prejudicial, quasi racist, islam bashing, Aurora.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by New
I'm getting quite tired of your prejudicial, quasi racist, islam bashing, Aurora.

Get over it, go read the paper and read about who they blow up next.
post #55 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
Get over it, go read the paper and read about who they blow up next.

Your level of hatered makes you a lousy christian.
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Your level of hatered makes you a lousy christian.

I dont practice thank you, but you have to give Jesus credit he was saying 2 thousand years ago things these fantaics dont get today. love your neighbor as yourself. imagine that, not jihad and lets go plant a bomb killing who ever walks by. By pampering Sadr they are going to have even more problems. watch and see.
post #57 of 63
Quote:
I dont practice thank you, but you have to give Jesus credit he was saying 2 thousand years ago things these fantaics dont get today. love your neighbor as yourself. imagine that, not jihad and lets go plant a bomb killing who ever walks by. By pampering Sadr they are going to have even more problems. watch and see.

You don't seem to understand "love thy neighbour" yourself. And you have no trouble labeling a billion people across the world. You're a fanatic yourself.
post #58 of 63
However you want to spin things, the bottom line is here is another killer running around and the current govt is cutting deals with this Sadr, same one holding a mosque hostage. come on people this is a indication on how screwed up things are in Iraq. yes they are pampering this guy because they know that these are religious fanatics who will do anything under this guise. jihad and yadda yadda yadda. Now inviting him into the political process? Democracy? i dont see it.
post #59 of 63
Quote:
However you want to spin things, the bottom line is here is another killer running around and the current govt is cutting deals with this Sadr, same one holding a mosque hostage. come on people this is a indication on how screwed up things are in Iraq. yes they are pampering this guy because they know that these are religious fanatics who will do anything under this guise. jihad and yadda yadda yadda. Now inviting him into the political process? Democracy? i dont see it.

make a point or shut up.
post #60 of 63
Quote:
Originally posted by New
make a point or shut up.

The point you miss is this guy is wanted for murder is he not?
post #61 of 63
Quote:
The point you miss is this guy is wanted for murder is he not?

I'm missing the point you are trying to make. You mix it in with too much hatespeak.
post #62 of 63
Quote:

Jesus did not exist as the scriptures remember him. The whole Jesus story is a rehash of the religions that were promintent of the time circa 2000 years ago. It doesn't take much thought to realise that love thy neighbour as yourself is a good principle that the whole world would benefit to take notice of.

Instead we have the Christian fundamentalists at war with the Islamic fundamentalists and the dumb public following along with it because they dont have the intelligence to see the real picture. The end of mankind may well be to the stupidity of the ignorant masses.

I know several Christain fundies. Lets not pretend that the fundies dont have preached to them every week in Church that Islam is the decedit of Satan. Lets not pretend that the fundies only support Bush because he proclaims a belief in Jesus. Ask them a question - Name 5 reasons to support Bush? Most don't have the slightest idea - They support shrub because he believes in Jesus and their perverted fundie belief means that stamping out Islam is the major goal of their life. Why? because it is the most potent threat to their false doctrine, wether they understand it or are just sheep.

Lets not believe that Christian fundies are any less vindictive, warmongering or uncompassionate than Islamic fundies. They are not, they just have different methods and politally correct methods. They are just as stupid, and dangerous as Islamic fundies, and they will wage war amongst Islam until their small minds are convinced that they have won the battle against Islam. Its the same type of group-think that causes suicide bombers and terrorists to attack us, and us to attack them. They're all decieved by the doctrine that proclaims them to be the righteous, while all other have been led by Satan to attack them.

Peace and prosperity in the world will never be achieved while there is any religion in the world. The quicker we realise that we are all an insignificant life existing on an insignificant rock orbiting an insignificant star in an insignifacant universe, the quicker we will realise that we all need to work together to make things better for everyone. Some people dont accept that because they are so arrogant that they belive they are better, more deserving, more righteous than the next man. Christians and Muslims.

Thats the lie. Its the same lie thet has been propagated for thousands of years, and sadly will be the same lie until mankind has driven himself into destruction.

Why are we pampering this lie?
post #63 of 63
Quote:
I agree, Sadr should have been taken down when he was wanted for murdering a couple of rivals. These fanatics dont go by rule of law only rule of islamic law if it suites them. They do love to follow murderers and seems this is how you become someone important in the islamic world. wrap yourself in your fanatic religion and kill some people and the next thing you know you have a bunch of crazies ready for Jihad! 17 virgins for me for killing a bunch of kids on a school bus or whatever.So what we missed the Americans, Sick Bastards following a sick leader breeding more sicko's. no wonder George Sr was content to let a murderer like Saddam run over these guys.

Welcome to the strange twilight world of the right-wing 'thinker'.

Sistani is a muslim and he opposes Sadr and wants to end the violence= all muslims are killers because Islam is a religion of hate

90% of Iraq's Shi'i follow Sistani (man of peace who opposes Sadr who is labelled man of violence) = they do love to follow murderers

Saddam was 'evil' = Georgie Sr did the right thing letting him carry on killing

When racist wingnuts are regarded as thinkers - there's something seriously wrong with our schools......
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How long must we pamper Moqtada Sadr?