post #1 of 1
While some would have us spend countless hours debating non-issues, I would rather we discuss the issues at hand. So, I've started a couple of threads thus far to push current day issues to the foreground.

The War In Iraq

Bush's Policies For The Next Four Years

are the first. I'm gonna (and I hope others do the same to push the non-issues from the public perspective) start a few more over the next few days--time allowing.

What I recommend to all anti-Bush/Pro-Kerry individuals is write your local news outlets and demand that real issues be addressed and not this GOP attack-dog fluff.

Right now the GOP is driving the debate and Kerry is playing catchup in a lot of ways. He's getting his ideas out there but they are relegated to page 2 news items behind the "scandals", which is unfortunate. Bush hasn't proposed anything for the future as of yet but he's been given a free ride while Kerry DID have proposals available before the DNC yet he was still attacked. Weird. Anyway, those who want Bush out for whatever reason need to start driving the debate. Push the fluff off the front page and back to the funny pages. Bring good ideas to the foreground and force the GOP to answer for its failings thus far. Force Bush to present a plane for the future.

My thoughts not yours. Enjoy, and have a good weekend (or day or whatever depending on when you read this).
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...