or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pre-Blackout Old-Timers

Pre-Blackout Old-Timers - Page 5

post #161 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

What brings you to crappy Corrupticut? Especially around the capital area? I feel for you man.

Yeah, tell me about it. I never realized what an awful state CT really is. I go to the University of Hartford. Awful just like the state. I'm thinking of transfering, not really sure to where though. But yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Connecticut either.
post #162 of 168
I just read this thread for the first time.

Wow, some names I had forgotten about. One I did not see mentioned is Morphious, the poster of the dual core G5 PDF. I guess the IBM guys are gone since the switch to Intel. Another IBM guy from Florida posted too. My memory is going.

I'd like to hear more about the split. I have posted both here and in AN and notice familiar user names over there. Haven't been there for years now. What exactly caused the split? I must not have been following that particular thread.

I miss posts by Amorph, Programmer, and several others who were always quite informative. My only claim to fame is spotting IBM's presentation of a chip, at the Semiconductor Forum, which then became the G5. I posting a link and immediately someone said, "That's it." I should dig that old post up when I have nothing else to do.

The Cell processor was fun too, but all that is gone now that we are in Intel land and those horrible names, which are impossible to remember. Since I live almost next door to Intel here, I should be used to them by now.

post #163 of 168
I had no idea about any 'nova' split.
My registration here is coming up on NINE years. Truly unfathomable.
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #164 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC View Post

My account was banned for some reason at nova and it says I can never come back

I must have said something bad those many years ago!
post #165 of 168
I love how this thread never dies. I also love reading it. This story of the split fascinates me. I wish I would have been around when it happened.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #166 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC View Post

I'm feeling old lately, thirtysix, married for eight years, at the same job for six years, on AI for......god I need a life.
post #167 of 168
No. You don't need a life. You've survived this long w/o one!
post #168 of 168
Replying to a 6 month old post? ... and at the same time commenting on getting a life?
How appropriate
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pre-Blackout Old-Timers