or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › John Kerry on Jon Stewart's Daily Show

John Kerry on Jon Stewart's Daily Show

post #1 of 4
Anybody else watch tonight's show?

Not nearly as droll and soporific a monotone as Gore came across with last century.
Kerry seemed relaxed. Even laughed at some of Jon's questions and tweaked talking points.
"Is it true that every time I or anyone uses ketchup, your wife gets a nickel?"

No clips up yet, but there's usually a day lag.

I'm willing to wager a postcard that W won't be a guest, though I recall Bush & Gore each did competing late night shows during 2000. Can't recall if Clinton and Dole did same, though each have done plenty since.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
I'm willing to wager a postcard that W won't be a guest, though I recall Bush & Gore each did competing late night shows during 2000. Can't recall if Clinton and Dole did same, though each have done plenty since.

unfortunately, dole only showed a personality after the election. gore tried mightily, but only came up with one good line on letterman, and then proceeded to seem like a dork with whatever came out of his mouth. so did bush, but people cut him a lot of slack, as if gore should have known better than to try to "act cool." bush was just being his genuine self.

mind you, i am not saying that was a GOOD thing, but the country, after the lewinsky debacle, craved some honesty in their candidate.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
Anybody else watch tonight's show?

Not nearly as droll and soporific a monotone as Gore came across with last century.
Kerry seemed relaxed. Even laughed at some of Jon's questions and tweaked talking points.
"Is it true that every time I or anyone uses ketchup, your wife gets a nickel?"

No clips up yet, but there's usually a day lag.

Clinton did both Arsenio Hall and MTV in 1992. I believe he did Oprah in 96. Dole did Letterman in 96, which is when I learned he was hysterically funny.

Similarly, Bush did Oprah in 2000.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
Similarly, Bush did Oprah in 2000.

That's not an image I really needed.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › John Kerry on Jon Stewart's Daily Show