or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush lawyer quits over links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

Bush lawyer quits over links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

post #1 of 12
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/26/po...gn/26bush.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug25.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/26/po.../26mccain.html

Well, that about raps that up don't you think Nick? I'm so surprised. Just like those flyers from Swiftboat Liars showing up at Republican headquarters.

Impeach!!!!!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #2 of 12
Ignorance is bliss.

Attorney Works for Bush, Anti-Kerry Group

Quote:
Joe Sandler, a lawyer for the DNC and a group running anti-Bush ads, MoveOn.org, said there is nothing wrong with serving in both roles at once.

Bush Campaign's Top Outside Lawyer Advised Veterans Group

Quote:
The campaign of Senator John Kerry shares a lawyer, Robert Bauer, with America Coming Together, a liberal group that is organizing a huge multimillion-dollar get-out-the-vote drive that is far more ambitious than the Swift boat group's activities. Mr. Ginsberg said his role was no different from Mr. Bauer's.

"It's another piece of evidence of the ties between the Bush campaign and this group," Chad Clanton, a spokesman for Mr. Kerry, said. Asked about his campaign's use of shared lawyers, Mr. Clanton said, "If the Bush campaign truly disapproved of this smear, their top lawyer wouldn't be involved.''

Can we vote to impeach Kerry before we vote for him?
post #3 of 12
I am sorry Scott, but a get out the vote group, liberal or not, which isn't attacking a candidate in their adds or even directly supporting one, is a great deal different than a group of people who make nothing but attack ads.

Why is it that all of the get out the vote groups are liberal?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #4 of 12
Is it not a 527? Oh wait! We change the rules based on who we are voting for (or against).
post #5 of 12
You did read the part about Joe Sandler? Lawyer for DNC and MoveOn.org?
post #6 of 12
clearly that's espionage for Bush
{EDIT: meaning the lawyer mentioned in the first post]

I'd say this Lawyer business is going to be a liability to the whole campaign finance laws . . . seems so many of them are working where ever the bucks go that they work here-there and everywhere.
I think that it doesn't really prove anything . . . unless 'advising' meant strategizing and providing 'talking points'

But we all know that Rove is neck deep in this SBV4T business it is too obvious, it is too much like his modus operandi . . . they ust know how to hide the smoking gun.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Is it not a 527? Oh wait! We change the rules based on who we are voting for (or against).

C'mon man. You have a PhD you should know how to do research... MoveOn is THREE organizations. One organization is a PAC one is a 527 one is 501(c)(4) organization.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
C'mon man. You have a PhD you should know how to do research... MoveOn is THREE organizations. One organization is a PAC one is a 527 one is 501(c)(4) organization.

But he's a dishonest PhD, that's the difference.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #9 of 12
MoveOn has some pretty hard-hitting challenges to Bush actions and policies, but they're a world away from the proven lies being spread by the Swift Vets. One is a smear campaign and one is not - plain and simple.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #10 of 12
Yet there is a lawyer that works for both the 527 and the DNC. I guess the rules do change based on who's breaking them.

But I don't even think having the same lawyer is problem so ... neither do some Democrats. At least the ones that are lawyers. Of course when did a lawyer ever think their actions were wrong?
post #11 of 12
Scott's right, I am horrified to admit . . . I also think, however, that the lawyer issue is not that big of a deal . . . . let it go is the way I see it . .

Find the real smoking gun twixt Rove and SBV4T . . . you know that it is there . . . they are doing the tried-and-true Rovian shit-throw so you know they are connected . . . lawyers cover legal bases . . . they probably also convey messages and strategies, unfortunately they are paid for providing legal services.

I think the more damning evidence is the fact that one of the SBV4T was on a steering committee for the Bush campaign.

BTW, it would probably be wise for Kerry to also let go of his inter-meshed mess of lawyer/527 connections, the implied working relationship with MoveOn (which is not at all as sleazy as the SBLIARS) is pretty rough.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #12 of 12
Well Scott if true it's not right, it is a "conflict of interest."

Yes pfflam I agree. Rove is a fucking monster. His shit in college horrifies me. He should have been jailed for a lot of stuff he's done. It's not legal. He should be put under the DoJ microscope.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush lawyer quits over links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth