or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Umm..WTF is Kerry doing?!?

Umm..WTF is Kerry doing?!? - Page 3

post #81 of 92
Getting back to topic:

Kerry continues to handle things badly. After the RNC, he was out at midnight talking about....wait for it...VIETNAM! Look, support the guy or not, hate Bush or not, please tell me someone can look at Kerry's actions and the current polling situation and come to the conclusion that Kerry's being a moron right now. To win, he must focus on domestic issues and talk about specific differences, no matter what Bush has done that pisses you off.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #82 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
The point about Lehman comes from a reporter from the Sun-Times who investigated the records. I don't recall his name.

But it's 100% dishonest of you to pretend that it means Kerry didn't earn it. The commanding officer said most of those things were stamped with a pre-made signature, so this officer saying he never saw the paper is meaningless. Meaningless at least in the context you're portraying it.

Try and be honest and how about we all try and learn something rather than hiding the facts and the truth.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #83 of 92
Don't you guys think that the real problem with Kerry is nothing he has done in the Senate supports his being tough on terrorism?

Now we can talk about votes being miscontrued this way or that, but the reality is that if Kerry had created bills or even voted for bills that addressed this issue he would be declaring them from the mountain tops.

Even if Kerry were a complete pacifict, there is really nothing wrong with declaring that he has a different way of attempting to solve the world's problems. At least then he could convincingly argue for his actions and beliefs. However the point is that he really is attempting to misrepresent himself and others are calling him on it.

The real problem is Kerry isn't tough on terrorism or even especially fond of defense spending. So he has to convince us he would be by recalling what he did 30 years ago.

The reason we can't get off thirty years ago is because then we have to actually talk about Kerry and what he has done in the Senate. Kerry could change the topic to that very easily. Kerry could simply say, I will promote X just like I did in 1996 when I voted for Y bill.

But the point is that he cannot say that because he has voted against everything that has to do with defense and protecting America. Kerry would love to change the discussion but he can't, he's the one who decided on using thirty years ago to justify today. Anything talked about regarding him in public office or service just makes him look worse. He choose to present his strongest case, and sadly, serving in Vietnam was it.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #84 of 92
Quote:
Wow. Evil, dirty republicans!

Where the fuck did you get that? My point was that the Republicans are BETTER at using the press than the Democrats are. How is that an insult?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #85 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
But the point is that he cannot say that because [Sen. John Kerry] has voted against everything that has to do with defense and protecting America.

It's questionable whether those bills really "protected" or "defended" our country-- and a whole host of other related questions. But it's gotta be completely wrong to think he never voted with a majority of Republicans on defense bills. I'd imagine you'd consider those bills to protect and defend our country-- so you'd have to limit that claim. THINK, man. THINK!
post #86 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
It's questionable whether those bills really "protected" or "defended" our country-- and a whole host of other related questions. But it's gotta be completely wrong to think he never voted with a majority of Republicans on defense bills. I'd imagine you'd consider those bills to protect and defend our country-- so you'd have to limit that claim. THINK, man. THINK!

You need to do some thinking ShawnJ. Kerry didn't even vote to support the first Gulf War in Bush I. You know the one war that was like what he claims to support and want to do in Iraq today. International support of our allies, U.N resolutions passed, clearly delineated aggression, etc.

If he had a clear record of supporting defense spending, he would present it. Like I said, it is the easiest way of getting off Vietnam and onto another topic. But he can't do it because he has a clear history of support nothing but cuts to defense spending.

Nick

post #87 of 92
SDW is perfectly right: George Bush is winning the campaign, Kerry's going to lose the election. The Bush campaign is prepared to stoop far, far lower than the Kerry campaign.

Team Bush do not give a fuck. They're going to win.
post #88 of 92
Quote:
Getting back to topic:

Kerry continues to handle things badly. After the RNC, he was out at midnight talking about....wait for it...VIETNAM! Look, support the guy or not, hate Bush or not, please tell me someone can look at Kerry's actions and the current polling situation and come to the conclusion that Kerry's being a moron right now. To win, he must focus on domestic issues and talk about specific differences, no matter what Bush has done that pisses you off.

Agreed. And it seems that *today*, after adding Joe Lockhart and James Carville to his staff, that is beginning. Word on the street is that the crux of that 90 minute conversation with Clinton amounted to little more than Clinton saying WOULD YOU STFU ABOUT VIETNAM ALREADY?!
post #89 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
Where the fuck did you get that? My point was that the Republicans are BETTER at using the press than the Democrats are. How is that an insult?

It's not an insult, it's just ridiculous.
post #90 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Until you learn to use the return key I will not read anything you post over three sentences long.

Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
There is no doubt in my mind that Bush stretched the truth wrt to his service in TANG. I can't prove it because the documentation mysterious disappeared, but his actions after he was discharged are clear.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bush stretched the truth wrt to the WMD's in Iraq and Iraq's imminent threat. I can't prove it, but the evidence after the fact are clear.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bush froze and proved his inability to lead the morning on 9/11. I can't prove it, but the video evidence of him sitting there for 7 minutes is clear.

I could go on...and on...and on.

Quote:
Originally posted by 7E7
You sir are an ignorant ass...

I find it interesting how we condemn hateful smear tactics from both campaigns, yet freely engage in the same acts as we posts on these forums (in jest or not).

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
I think this whole thing is a distraction from the real issues and I don't think it's Kerry who's bringing it up. This is all because if people start talking about the real issues Bush is imediately in trouble.

Actually, I think you'll find this is why neither candidate has been much into specifics, but all about the rhetoric. Both men have questionable records (all military service aside). If one is unable to admit there are glaring inconsistencies, misguided judgements, and lack of forethought in the political past of both candidates, then they are simply being disingenuous.

This is one of the vaguest campaigns I've ever seen, on both front. Which is why I eagerly look forward to the debates. I am hoping that we will finally get some real substance from both men. Hoping, but not expecting.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #91 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by rageous

Actually, I think you'll find this is why neither candidate has been much into specifics, but all about the rhetoric. Both men have questionable records (all military service aside). If one is unable to admit there are glaring inconsistencies, misguided judgements, and lack of forethought in the political past of both candidates, then they are simply being disingenuous.

This is one of the vaguest campaigns I've ever seen, on both front. Which is why I eagerly look forward to the debates. I am hoping that we will finally get some real substance from both men. Hoping, but not expecting.

You bought into the blitz . . . no, not 'both have questionable records' . . . as far as I can tell. and I have ehard both sides . . . only one has a questionable record . . . the other record is NOT questionable AT ALL once you realize the smear tactics were lies lies lies.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #92 of 92
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
You bought into the blitz . . . no, not 'both have questionable records' . . . as far as I can tell. and I have ehard both sides . . . only one has a questionable record . . . the other record is NOT questionable AT ALL once you realize the smear tactics were lies lies lies.

Did you bother to read my post? How about this part: "all military service aside"?

I do not question Kerry's military service, or congressional testimony thereafter.

What I said was that there are plent of things in Bush's record as governor and president as well as in Kerry's record as a senator that people who disagree with them can legitimately question.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Umm..WTF is Kerry doing?!?