or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › What could this be?

What could this be? - Page 2

post #41 of 526
In the second picture the foam looks like it was altered. I don't believe it's the iMac. And if it is, it looks pretty ugly, there's nothing to ooohh and aaahhh about. Besides, I thought this guy said that he couldn't get a hold of his friend or whatever, and now a second picture but no picture of the box?? Seems fake to me.
post #42 of 526
Could it be a Powerbook box???

Plus dont you usually have the keyboard and mouse on top of the computer?
iMac Intel 2.33Ghz 1GB RAM
iBook G3 700MHZ 640MB RAM
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
iMac Intel 2.33Ghz 1GB RAM
iBook G3 700MHZ 640MB RAM
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
post #43 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by lucida
ugh. Spot the odd one out:

It's the one with the incorrect Apple logo, isn't it? The blue thing.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #44 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by concentricity
although this does smell fishy, there are a couple of issues that make it seem like it might be legit. First, even if the logo was photoshopped, where is the stand? Based on where the logo is (ignoring its orientation) the stand should be protruding several inches out to the left in the picture (where its just a big white blur). But look at the size of the box, and imagine the displaylaying down into it...there's no room on either side for a big foot-type stand to be sticking out. So if this is a photoshop job, its a big one, doing far more than just flipping the logo. And I'm pretty sure the cinema display boxes have more than just an apple logo on the side, and it doesn't appear that the box side was doctored in this photo.

I don't know, I really can't believe the story, but it's hard to ignore the photo.

I think the stand is detachable. If you buy the wall mount you wouldn't want the stand just hanging there. It does smell fishy.
post #45 of 526
A computer is going to have at least 3 inches of foam around it. THere is barely an inch in these pictures. 17" powerbook box, with 20" LCD?
post #46 of 526
First Apple package I've seen where the logo on the box is inverted relative to the position of the product. Or maybe it's a Pismo box?

Also, it's nice to see that Apple has gone back to conventional display dimensions (not widescreen format).

You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.
You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.
post #47 of 526
1...2...3.... and gone.
This confirms nothing.
├╝berlurker since oct '99
_my backpacks got jets_
├╝berlurker since oct '99
_my backpacks got jets_
post #48 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by jj
1...2...3.... and gone.
This confirms nothing.

What 2nd picture?!?!?!

Also take note: "We're sorry, but we can't find the HomePage you've requested."

That is all that's displayed when trying to visit philbots .mac account now.

Hmmm (doesn't yet 'confirm' anything but does indeed add to the drama)

Dave
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #49 of 526
What, you guys didn't all snag copies of the pics *first*?

Silly newbies.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #50 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveGee
What 2nd picture?!?!?!

http://homepage.mac.com/ihepworth/.P...s/DCP_1764.jpg
post #51 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by Kickaha
What, you guys didn't all snag copies of the pics *first*?

Silly newbies.

Newbie? Me thinks your talking to the wrong person...

And yes I did snag the 1st pic... but didn't even see mention of the second till the users home page was taken down... (maybe it was due to traffic - in which case it isn't telling us anything)

But thanks to thevil I now have the 2nd pic.

Dave 'newbie' Gee

post #52 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveGee
Newbie? Me thinks your talking to the wrong person...

Which is why it was humor, and not a slam...

post #53 of 526
couldn't this just be a new 17" display that fits with the chrome theme of the pb/pm/etc.
post #54 of 526
I recognize the elevator. It's not in Paris but one in the Brill buidling in Manhattan. End of story.
Things Ain't What They Seem!
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #55 of 526
The site is down, anyone got the pics?
post #56 of 526
Yeah, I have both, I'll upload them to my .Mac in a sec.
People that are passionate about what they do, truly believe in their good cause, have a clear vision and understanding of what they want, those people are heroes.
People that are passionate about what they do, truly believe in their good cause, have a clear vision and understanding of what they want, those people are heroes.
post #57 of 526
Wow, that page got removed quickly. Either someone pulling a hoax removed the page, or someone reported site to Apple / Apple's elves are roaming this site.
post #58 of 526
how come i click on the link and i cant see anything..
it says this page no longer exist..can someone help me please,.............
"Darling, you don't say"....
post #59 of 526
Here they are, in all their mysterious glory.

http://homepage.mac.com/elmacintismo/FileSharing10.html
post #60 of 526
Maybe it's not in the retail packaging, just in a regular "standard" apple box...
post #61 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by Messiahtosh
Here they are, in all their mysterious glory.

http://homepage.mac.com/elmacintismo/FileSharing10.html

It's not working, I get the same error as I do with the original site.
post #62 of 526
Can someone please re-post them to somewhere not .mac...
post #63 of 526
Wow, I'm not making this up at all but i have never experienced anything like this with .Mac before. The pictures will not show up (they are in the right format and everything) in Safari. A blue question mark in the box where they are supposed to be just pops up. I tried hosting them in the web sharing space on .Mac and it does not download them, the page reverts to "page not found" something or other.

I have the pics though, and if anyone wants them I can email them to you.
post #64 of 526
um i still cant see, i keep getting an error message..
post #65 of 526
Quote:
Wow, I'm not making this up at all but i have never experienced anything like this with .Mac before. The pictures will not show up (they are in the right format and everything) in Safari. A blue question mark in the box where they are supposed to be just pops up. I tried hosting them in the web sharing space on .Mac and it does not download them, the page reverts to "page not found" something or other.

Time for an exorcist, I think .
post #66 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by BrunoBruin
Do the new displays ship in black boxes? The old ones shipped in white.

Which raises the question: will the new iMac ship in a black box? Currently the "i" machines ship in white and the "Power" stuff in black.

In any case, does the box look big enough? For a display, yes, but for a computer, with a keyboard, mouse, manuals, discs, etc.?

It appears Apple is going with black boxes this season: http://www.apple.com/productionsuite/
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #67 of 526
Quote:

I have the pics though, and if anyone wants them I can email them to you.

Try changing the name. Who knows maybe some Apple near-do-well spotted this thread and through a chain of conspiratorial events has been blocking all file with the original name (tinhat brigade at the ready).
post #68 of 526
I've got both pics:

post #69 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by lucida
I've got both pics:

post #70 of 526
mmm something wrong somewhere
post #71 of 526
i still cant see them
post #72 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
It appears Apple is going with black boxes this season: http://www.apple.com/productionsuite/

But those are the "pro" products. iLife, FCE and so on ship in white.

Not that it's significant. For all we know, Apple is going to move the iMac into the professional space and pitch it as a workstation-class machine for your den.
post #73 of 526
Very nice pictures of the new monitors.
just waiting to be included in one of Apple's target markets.
Don't get me wrong, I like the flat panel iMac, actually own an iMac, and I like the Mac mini, but...........
just waiting to be included in one of Apple's target markets.
Don't get me wrong, I like the flat panel iMac, actually own an iMac, and I like the Mac mini, but...........
post #74 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by sessi_soso
i still cant see them

Neither can we Sammy Sosa.
post #75 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by BrunoBruin
But those are the "pro" products. iLife, FCE and so on ship in white.

Not that it's significant. For all we know, Apple is going to move the iMac into the professional space and pitch it as a workstation-class machine for your den.

I think the 20/30" cinema displays fall in the pro catagory.
post #76 of 526
Quote:
Try changing the name. Who knows maybe some Apple near-do-well spotted this thread and through a chain of conspiratorial events has been blocking all file with the original name (tinhat brigade at the ready).

Actually, they've probably done an md5 hash on the original .jpg files. No matter what you rename the files, the md5 hash will remain the same.

CPU intensive? Yes, but this is Apple; I'm sure they could dig up a few XServes if they wanted to md5sum all .jpg files the same file size as the original .jpgs.
post #77 of 526
this is cracking me up !
iPatch

pirating for the rest of us
iPatch

pirating for the rest of us
post #78 of 526
Quote:
Originally posted by PBG4 Dude
Actually, they've probably done an md5 hash on the original .jpg files. No matter what you rename the files, the md5 hash will remain the same.

CPU intensive? Yes, but this is Apple; I'm sure they could dig up a few XServes if they wanted to md5sum all .jpg files the same file size as the original .jpgs.

Ok then... Change the name and resize the pic. that'll fix their little red wagons for a minute or two.
post #79 of 526
Quote:
Ok then... Change the name and resize the pic. that'll fix their little red wagons for a minute or two.

Or you could post them somewhere else.
post #80 of 526
Um, hello. Doesn't anybody have their own website to host the pics?
Attention Internet Users!

"it's" contraction of "it is"
"its" possessive form of the pronoun "it".

It's shameful how grammar on the Internet is losing its accuracy.
Attention Internet Users!

"it's" contraction of "it is"
"its" possessive form of the pronoun "it".

It's shameful how grammar on the Internet is losing its accuracy.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › What could this be?