or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ATTENTION DEMOCRATS: It's the economy stupid! among other things.

ATTENTION DEMOCRATS: It's the economy stupid! among other things.

post #1 of 8
poverty is up
bush continues his father's legacy of higher poverty levels

and the giant scratching sound is all the president's speechwriters erasing all the "we've turned the corner" economic rhetoric from his acceptence speech.
maybe we've turned a corner to a dead end alley

i think it would be wise to quit messing around with a war that ended 30 years ago, and worry about the one that's going on today.

ABU GHAIRB, $2.00 per gallon gas, STEM CELL RESEARCH BANS, even gay marriage.

there are plenty of issues to discuss with the current administration.

FOCUS! GODDAMMIT!
post #2 of 8
I totally agree, it's time to go on the offensive and stop playing defense. I at least hope the Kerry camp is just waiting for Bush to lay out his next four years at the convention before they start pounding on him.
post #3 of 8
Abu Graib and Stem Cells are not gonna get any votes. Neither is gay marriage since swing voters tend to frown on it still and the people who are energized by it tend to be democrats in democratic states anyway.

You're absolutely right though that the economy is where it is at and Vietnam is a dead end for Kerry.

If I were him, I'd be splicing together some footage of greenspan saying we need to cut old people's social security and medicare along some economic news and some pretty charts of Bush era tax cuts and budget deficits and spending some big bling bling on ads in FLorida. The theme being that we cant afford your social security becuase of tax cuts for the rich. That's the type of junk that wins elections.
post #4 of 8
Yeah, the economy. More poor, low paying jobs, huge deficit, more uninsured, etc etc. Those are important "electoral" issues. Another one will be-sadly- when we get our 1000th US military killed in Iraq.
post #5 of 8
My point was quit wasting energy on the defensive. every second wasted defending Kerry's war record is a second that could be used pointing out the huge flaws in the Bush administration.

And I disagree about Abu Ghairb, the man ultimately responsible, and responsible for the mismanagement of the Iraq war still holds his cabinet position and is said to be held in high esteem by president Bush.
post #6 of 8
Yes sure . . the economy . . . but really, it is the catastrophic blunder of Iraq and the lies that preceeded it, and the general foriegn policy nightmare and the complete abortion of the WOT which resulted from the Invasion of Iraq . . . I don't care if jobs increased a thousandfold . . . the Iraq issue is very very much an indication of the deeply flawed nature of the Bush Admin and its ideology . . .

so, I am all about the "among other things"
I don't even care about the Tax-breaks-for-the-rich (though it is typical, and I do acually care a bit ). A president that would run headlong into a full scale invasion in the manner in which Bush did, and for the 'reasons' that sit right under the surface of the obviously false official statements, does not deserve to be the leader of any country, much less the United States . . .
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #7 of 8
Did anyone see Cinton on the daily show last night(8/26/04)? Kerry should be talking to Slick Willy each and every day because Bill has some good ideas about combating Bush at the same time presenting a positive message. Plus it was a funny show... I'll link to it when CS has the RM streams online.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #8 of 8
Here's a little something hosted from everyone here's favorite website :

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...2.asp?GT1=4529

I'm betting Forbes is correct.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ATTENTION DEMOCRATS: It's the economy stupid! among other things.