or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New world religion

New world religion

post #1 of 10
Mr. Bush has defined a new world religion. In his interview on CNN he said. I certainly welcome people of all religious backgrounds, christians, muslims, jews, indians... Laura was very enthusiastic about this. I think she is ready to convert and become an indian...!

a village in Texas is missing it's idiot. They are desperate to get him back, let's make them happy!!
post #2 of 10
d'oh!
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by jamac
a village in Texas is missing it's idiot. They are desperate to get him back, let's make them happy!!

Connecticut.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #4 of 10
He is an idiot.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #5 of 10
i mean, seriously, aren't more republicans kinda mad that this yahoo has essentially hijacked the entire friggin' party? i swear, if this were a different day and time, i would think we were on the cusp of a new age civil war.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by jamac
Mr. Bush has defined a new world religion. In his interview on CNN he said. I certainly welcome people of all religious backgrounds, christians, muslims, jews, indians... Laura was very enthusiastic about this. I think she is ready to convert and become an indian...!

wait, he said that...holy shit...*speechless*
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
He is an idiot.

The self-imagined salt-of-the-earth Authentic Americans™ voting for Bush don't give a damn if he calls "indian" a religion. Hell, as far as they know, it is a religion. Who gives a shit anyway what them damned unchristian-like folk with their weird-ass ways do, and what we call it? They ain't normal and Right with Jesus™ like us.

The elite-but-pretending-not-to-be-elite-because-we-only-call-liberals-elite Republicans might wince a bit when Dubya goes off like that, but as long as he keeps cutting their taxes and deregulating their businesses, they don't care either.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by shetline
The self-imagined salt-of-the-earth Authentic Americans™ voting for Bush don't give a damn if he calls "indian" a religion. Hell, as far as they know, it is a religion. Who gives a shit anyway what them damned unchristian-like folk with their weird-ass ways do, and what we call it?

I believe it.

I have a hard enough time dealing with people that confuse Thailand with Taiwan. My girlfriend is from Thailand and I'll be moving there but I'll be damned if people don't ask me about Taiwan this or Taiwan that. I'll cut them slack since they sound somewhat similar but it happens too often to be mere slips of the tongue. Bangkok is confused with Bombay a lot too. It's sad really...Hell, my own MOTHER seriously thought I was going to Bagdad, not Bangkok! (She's from the 1940's Boston school system). There's a real mental laziness when it comes to geography.

Well intentioned (non-racist) people simply lump all of Asia together as one big "them" or "over there". People barely get things right at a continental level let alone down to individual countries.

And that's simple, basic geography, let alone the myriad subtle variations in religions...

Ugh I hate how the US population squanders it's educational potential. Its all here but it gets shunned. No wonder all the jobs are going overseas and most of the students in college are foreign.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
Well intentioned (non-racist) people simply lump all of Asia together as one big "them" or "over there". People barely get things right at a continental level let alone down to individual countries.

And that's simple, basic geography, let alone the myriad subtle variations in religions...

You'd think if the President was dealing with Pakistan as much as he has been, he would have picked up on the religious war their having with their Indian neighbors. Knowing of this war, he should be able to remember their religion even when speaking out of context.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
You'd think if the President was dealing with Pakistan as much as he has been, he would have picked up on the religious war their having with their Indian neighbors. Knowing of this war, he should be able to remember their religion even when speaking out of context.

Whoa, by 'Well intentioned (non-racist) people simply lump all of Asia together as one big "them" or "over there"' I certainly wasn't referring to George W. Bush...let me clarify that.

I'm talking about your dad and my dad, Joe Shmoes that might be less enlightened/educated about things outside the USA (or whatever country they are in).

I have no reason to think George W. Bush knows anything about the religions of India, he doesn't read the news, he said so himself. Scary...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New world religion