or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Clintons get "Wild Eyed" !! . . . . . yeehaw!

The Clintons get "Wild Eyed" !! . . . . . yeehaw!

post #1 of 9
Both of them came out swinging today . . . . and I gotta say, they really laid it on the line . . perhaps even a bit too much in parts to keep up the semblance of civilized discourse . . . heehee

ARTICLE

From the article:
Quote:
Former President Bill Clinton offered a hard-hitting attack against the Republican Party yesterday, telling worshipers gathered at Riverside Church that President Bush and the Republicans are distorting John Kerry's war record in Vietnam.

"Sometimes I think our friends on the other side have become the people of the Nine Commandments,'' Mr. Clinton said. "It is wrong to bear false witness.''

The remarks were echoed by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, who unleashed an unusually strong assault on Mr. Bush and his party during back-to-back appearances on the Sunday-morning talk shows.

Mrs. Clinton accused the Bush campaign of having a direct hand in television ads that a veterans' group, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, has been running. The ads accuse Mr. Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president, of lying about his war record and the circumstances surrounding the medals he was awarded during the Vietnam War.

"The bottom line here is John Kerry is an authentic war hero,'' Mrs. Clinton said during an appearance on the ABC News program "This Week with George Stephanopoulos.'' "And this attempt by the Republicans to smear a man of John Kerry's character and courage goes to the heart of their pathetic campaign.''

and double
and it gets more intense:
Quote:
Mrs. Clinton wasted little time going on the offensive yesterday. "There is no doubt that four more years of this administration would be a disaster for my country,'' [ ] she said on "Meet the Press.''In discussing the war in Iraq, Mrs. Clinton raised questions about the Bush administration's competence, saying the administration had used what turned out to be flimsy intelligence in making the case for war to Congress and had then failed to plan adequately for the war's aftermath.'

And this is good:'
Quote:
"I think that one of the judgments that the American people will have to make about this administration is whether or not they are competent,'' she said. "We're talking about a series of wrong judgments that have literally been matters of life and death.''

She goes on to say that the Convention will be 'Bait-and-switch" in that it will pretend to be Moderate without people speaking who actually control anything while the real platform will be extreme Right-wing .

Its a short article and they say more as well . . . applinsider should register you in I think . .
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #2 of 9
Top-shelf work.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
From the article:
quote:
Former President Bill Clinton offered a hard-hitting attack against the Republican Party yesterday, telling worshipers gathered at Riverside Church that President Bush and the Republicans are distorting John Kerry's war record in Vietnam.

Why are American Democrats always the first to bring politics to church pulpits on Sunday morning? I wonder if Americans United for the Separation of Church and State will complain? (Yeah right...)

Quote:
"Sometimes I think our friends on the other side have become the people of the Nine Commandments,'' Mr. Clinton said. "It is wrong to bear false witness.''

Says the man whose actions with Lewinsky in the Oval Office broke all Ten Commandments.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
There is no doubt that four more years of this administration would be a disaster for my country

Sorry, I prefer to think of it a "our" country.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777
Why are American Democrats always the first to bring politics to church pulpits on Sunday morning? I wonder if Americans United for the Separation of Church and State will complain? (Yeah right...)

Says the man who's actions with Lewinsky in the Oval Office broke all Ten Commandments.

Yeah . . . both of those are pretty funny . . .

but Trumpt's is not . . . its just a failure
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Yeah . . . both of those are pretty funny . . .

Regarding the first point, I wasn't really trying to be funny.

This campaign has seen liberal groups like AUSCS outrightly harassing conservative churches whose clergy and members even slightly tilt towards Bush.

But at least the outcry over Republicans courting the Church vote involves things like mailing lists. To see Democratic campaigners using the Sunday morning pulpits is sickening.

IMO, you can't complain about the GOP trying to suppress the Florida vote (in Democratic areas), when the Democrats are actively working to suppress a Republican constituency.

This is democracy people. You win by trying to get your people out and get the other side's people to switch sides, not by trying to intimidate the other side into silence.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777
Regarding the first point, I wasn't really trying to be funny.

This campaign has seen liberal groups like AUSCS outrightly harassing conservative churches whose clergy and members even slightly tilt towards Bush.

But at least the outcry over Republicans courting the Church vote involves things like mailing lists. To see Democratic campaigners using the Sunday morning pulpits is sickening.

IMO, you can't complain about the GOP trying to suppress the Florida vote (in Democratic areas), when the Democrats are actively working to suppress a Republican constituency.

This is democracy people. You win by trying to get your people out and get the other side's people to switch sides, not by trying to intimidate the other side into silence.

I think its funny because itmerely appears to be the same issue . . . . Dems may speak at churchs but they are not trying to get mailing lists from directories without consent of the people on the directories, and without that being the reason directories were established . . . they also are not setting up networks of churches in such a manner that it rides the border between politics and church . . .

as for the other issue . . . I think you need to clarify, because I really have no idea what you're trying to say

are you equating taking the vote from people who have served their time and been punished, or, harrassing black voters from the booths, or, willfully confusing names and addresses of people that reside in specific districts, or, telling Repubs to use absentee ballots because the electronics are flawed while NOT telling the Dems to do so . .. are you equating these tactics with something that I am not aware of?!
you call talking at a church suppressing a Republican constituency? . . .or are you refering to the back-handed notion that the GOP should get my name on their mailing list because I filled out a directory at my church for a specifically non-political reason?!?

Do you honestly equate those things?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #8 of 9
What pfflam said. Are you equating those things? Because I can't tell what you mean either.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #9 of 9
I didn't word that clearly enough. I didn't mean to equate the legalistic rough-housing being committed by both sides, with the use of state troopers to intimidate elderly black voters, if those reports are accurate.

I am more concerned with the "suppress the vote" movements being employed on both sides.

The Democrats, in particular, are willing to use church pulpits during church worship services to fight the Republicans, but scream loudly if the GOP tries to get mailing lists of churches.

Pfflam, did Clinton get permission from those in the pews being using them as a platform for a tirade against Bush? No, he didn't. He got the permission of the church leadership, which is no different from what the Repubs are doing with the lists.

If we both went to the parishoners of that church and asked if such blatant electioneering from a church pulpit is appropriate during a worship service, how many would say yes?

Is AUSCS going to complain? Probably not.
Is the IRS going to investigate the church. Probably not.

But conservative congregations get harassed and threatened for the same thing.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Clintons get "Wild Eyed" !! . . . . . yeehaw!