or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple post video stream of Apple Expo Paris 2004 keynote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple post video stream of Apple Expo Paris 2004 keynote

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Living in Europe and therefore at work during the keynote.

As soon as someone finds keynote video posted anywhere on the web, please let me know.

Thanks.

--J
...


...
Reply
...


...
Reply
post #2 of 20
THE WEBCAST HAS JUST BEEN POSTED ON THE APPLE FRONTPAGE


YES!

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/
Why oh Why are Macs still in the realm of Voodoo?
Reply
Why oh Why are Macs still in the realm of Voodoo?
Reply
post #3 of 20
I miss Steve...
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2002
I miss Steve...

Why is it always such a crappy stream???
post #5 of 20
Apple has now posted its delayed stream of Phil Schiller's Apple Expo keynote, which took place earlier this morning and saw the introduction of the new G5-based iMac.

Watch the Apple Expo Paris Keynote
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by bergz
Living in Europe and therefore at work during the keynote.

As soon as someone finds keynote video posted anywhere on the web, please let me know.

Thanks.

--J

here is a link to for g5 vids. Mac Observer- iMac Vids

and here is a link to the full stream

Apple Keynote Paris
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks a load! Am gonna get high & see it.

God the thing's drab.

--J
...


...
Reply
...


...
Reply
post #8 of 20
Is it possible to get the .mov file and then watch it from the HD? I am struggling with my company's firewall..

Cheers
post #9 of 20
While the stream sorta worked earlier today, now its not working for me at all. After the first round of "Waiting for media..." I get a "400: Bad Request" after it "Switch[es] transport". Anyone else having the same problem when trying to view the vid?

Earlier today after the stream was first posted I had different problems. It would play but it would cut out. The buffer would run out, stall, and then rebuffer for a few seconds before stalling again. I hope they took it down to fix this issue.

I stayed up late reading the keynote reports and now I want to see how Phil does putting on a keynote of his own.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
post #10 of 20
Also the Promo Video has been put on the apple Site, Very High Quality and Worth a Download

http://www.apple.com/imac/video/

Check It Out
Why oh Why are Macs still in the realm of Voodoo?
Reply
Why oh Why are Macs still in the realm of Voodoo?
Reply
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by gunnerycox
Also the Promo Video has been put on the apple Site, Very High Quality and Worth a Download

http://www.apple.com/imac/video/

Check It Out

Why isn't it possible to download a copy to your hard drive to watch at your leisure? Has anyone been able to make a copy available for permanent download?
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
post #12 of 20
You can save the promo video, but the keynote stream is streaming only.

And its still broken I might add, at least for me.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
post #13 of 20
Still broken...
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Reply
post #14 of 20
Worst stream I have ever seen from an Apple Event.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by glen
Why isn't it possible to download a copy to your hard drive to watch at your leisure? Has anyone been able to make a copy available for permanent download?

You can do it. Suppose you visit the large format page from Safari. The movie will be downloaded in the /tmp directory.

More precisely, all you have to do is the following: you launch Terminal, then you go to /tmp/501/TemporaryItems if you are the only one user on the machine (otherwise you have to replace the 501 number with your actual UID number, which will be something like 502, 503, etc.; simply run from the Terminal the id utility to see what gives: id <your login name>). The TemporaryItems directory contains the movie as a QuickTime plug-in (QTPluginTemp91873010 was for me). When the download is finished (either check your browser window or do repeatedly ls -la in the terminal to see if the plugi-in file changes in size), you can copy this to, e.g., your desktop. For example:

cp /tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp91873010 ~/Desktop/iMacG5.mov

If you close the Safari window from which you downloaded the movie, the temporary file will automatically deleted.

That's all. You have now your iMacG5.mov file .
post #16 of 20
Oh, by the way, our belgian fellows that assisted the iMac introduction, posted some pictures from the Expo. Nothing new, but they are the best looking photos, for the illumination conditions, I have seen from this Expo.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
You can do it. Suppose you visit the large format page from Safari. The movie will be downloaded in the /tmp directory.

More precisely, all you have to do is the following: you launch Terminal, then you go to /tmp/501/TemporaryItems if you are the only one user on the machine (otherwise you have to replace the 501 number with your actual UID number, which will be something like 502, 503, etc.; simply run from the Terminal the id utility to see what gives: id <your login name>). The TemporaryItems directory contains the movie as a QuickTime plug-in (QTPluginTemp91873010 was for me). When the download is finished (either check your browser window or do repeatedly ls -la in the terminal to see if the plugi-in file changes in size), you can copy this to, e.g., your desktop. For example:

cp /tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp91873010 ~/Desktop/iMacG5.mov

If you close the Safari window from which you downloaded the movie, the temporary file will automatically deleted.

That's all. You have now your iMacG5.mov file .

Thanks PB - that worked perfectly. Now I can watch it at my heart's content - and keep it for posterity. GREAT!
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by glen
Thanks PB - that worked perfectly. Now I can watch it at my heart's content - and keep it for posterity. GREAT!

Glad it worked. Now, I suppose you have already Xinema to enjoy it full screen .
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
Glad it worked. Now, I suppose you have already Xinema to enjoy it full screen .

Well, no I didn't - I've been using the latest version of RealPlayer which allows fullscreen playback of .mov files - but now I have! Great little plug-in!
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
"Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh" Alex: A Clockwork Orange
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by PB
Oh, by the way, our belgian fellows that assisted the iMac introduction, posted some pictures from the Expo. Nothing new, but they are the best looking photos, for the illumination conditions, I have seen from this Expo.

Thanks PB. That is the first time I have noticed that the keyboard also includes some aluminum touches. Looks great.
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
Reply
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple post video stream of Apple Expo Paris 2004 keynote