or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Kerry's Brownshirts Act! RNC hit list published!

Kerry's Brownshirts Act! RNC hit list published!

post #1 of 25
A hit list of RNC delegates has been published at IndyMedia. IndyMedia has published the names and address of 1600 RNC delegates. The purpose is to ...

Quote:
Supply anti-RNC groups with data on the delegates to use in whatever way they see fit.

This no different than anti-abortion people putting up a hit list of doctors that perform abortion.

Can we say...

voter intimidation?

threat to democracy?

suppression of freedom of speech?

post #2 of 25
I used the addresses to make an anthrax mailing list!
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 25
I've heard the next step is to post a list of the names and addresses of Republican Congressmen. I can only imagine what a chilling effect that would have.
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
A hit list of RNC delegates has been published at IndyMedia. IndyMedia has published the names and address of 1600 RNC delegates. The purpose is to ...

This no different than anti-abortion people putting up a hit list of doctors that perform abortion.

Can we say...

voter intimidation?

threat to democracy?

Yeah I heard about this . . . it is pretty crazy . . . what the hell are they thinking about anyway?!
Do they want their addresses to be put up on extreme right-wing websites?!

I think its dirty activism . . . but Indymedia is NOT Democrats . . they are emblem-on-the-sleeve 'activists' . . . leaning towards anarchist . . . I wouldn't associate them with Kerry at all . . . and good luck trying to find links cause they aint there.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #5 of 25

Scott apparently thought not linking to the actual site helped his case. That's what it seems like-- because I found it on my own just now and actually read what they had to say. VERY UNSURPRISINGLY, Scott missed the purpose of publishing the list by a long shot. Nice try, but some of us know when to check things out for ourselves.

Anyway, the stated reason for publishing the list has everything to do with privacy.

Quote:
To those that have criticized our release of this list, we refer you again to our initial statement, made on 18 August. Where is the discussion of the issues brought up? Privacy and security are cited as concerns. Where is the privacy of citizens when the USA PATRIOT Act is the law of the land? Where is privacy when "Big Brother" in the form of government and corporations worms his way ever further into our lives? Where is security for the victims of the brutal Israeli occupation of Palestine? Where is the security for the peoples of Iraq, now bravely fighting the occupation of their country? Where was the regard for them when they faced genocidal sanctions killing upwards of 1 million? Where is privacy and security in the midst of Empire?

This upcoming mobilization in New York is not about the delegates, it's about who and what is going to be affected by the Republican Party platform that these delegates will proudly put their name to and will ratify. It goes beyond that, as we raise our voices and fists and proclaim that this rotten system of capitalist exploitation and imperialist domination must be swept away.

The list publicizes the basic contact information of those who vote against privacy concerns at the 2004 RNC-- those who nominate President Bush-- a supporter of the draconian Patriot Act and other notable privacy abuses.

RNC Delegates.com
post #6 of 25
Nice spin SPJ. But you and fellow thugs already stated the reason.

Quote:
Our objectives are to:
- Supply anti-RNC groups with data on the delegates to use in whatever way they see fit.
- Supply a body of information that can be easily added to.
- Encourage the republishing and redistribution of this data.
- Facilitate making local connections. Many of these delegates are involved in politics and business on a town or county level.
post #7 of 25
I tell ya had this happened to the DNC you people would be here howling.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
I tell ya had this happened to the DNC you people would be here howling.

I howled . . . I think it was an ugly stupid gesture.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #9 of 25
We still are howling.

It's a deplorable tactic-- no question about it. You do realize, however, that their position is closer to protecting privacy rights than anything else. RNC delegates and Patriot Act supporters should realize the irony at play here. It's unfortunate that it has to resort to this-- but I support it nonetheless.
post #10 of 25
Quote:

Until such time as some crazed left-wing radical blows the head off of an RNC delegate, this comparison is pure bullshit.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
Until such time as some crazed left-wing radical blows the head off of an RNC delegate, this comparison is pure bullshit.

As is the "brownshirts" in the thread title.

I thought the wingnuts were all aghast and shit that anyone would be so vile as to compare Republicans to Nazis?

But then, Scott's dial doesn't just go to 11, 11 is all its got.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #12 of 25
Quote:

Can we say...

voter intimidation?

threat to democracy?

I thought you neocons didn't like talking about Florida 2000.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
I thought you neocons didn't like talking about Florida 2000.

None of that happened in Florida in 2000.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
None of that happened in Florida in 2000.

Of course not Scott, of course not.
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Of course not Scott, of course not.

Proof?
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Proof?

Edit: vicious, well deserved ad hominem attack on Scott.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Proof?

There's been plenty of discussion about it on these boards in the past including video...I'm sure you remember it...but I guess it's just convenient for you to either play dumb...or apply selective memory just like most contemporary Team Republican fanatics.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
There's been plenty of discussion about it on these boards in the past including video...I'm sure you remember it...but I guess it's just convenient for you to either play dumb...or apply selective memory just like most contemporary Team Republican fanatics.

I'll take that to mean you don't have any. I'm not sure what video you saw. Florida 2000 is one of those things that gets spun and spun until we all know what is "true". It sounds so good to us (evil republicans vs power to the people democrats) that we no longer question it. Well? I do.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
I'll take that to mean you don't have any. I'm not sure what video you saw. Florida 2000 is one of those things that gets spun and spun until we all know what is "true". It sounds so good to us (evil republicans vs power to the people democrats) that we no longer question it. Well? I do.

There's plenty of evidence. I was tempted to take your bait, but it would just be a waste of time. I don't have time to dig up discussions we already had. But if you're "really interested", see the Search feature at the top right of the page? Yesss, that one. Feel free to use it.

As far as the video goes, stills were posted on some of those threads that showed Republican congressional aides(identified by name and "rank" and who they worked for and including such luminaries as Delay and Sen. Thompson)flown in to pass as "regular Florida folk" mini-rioting demanding the recount be stopped.
But I'm sure you already knew that.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
There's plenty of evidence. I was tempted to take your bait, but it would just be a waste of time. I don't have time to dig up discussions we already had. But if you're "really interested", see the Search feature at the top right of the page? Yesss, that one. Feel free to use it.

So once again you don't have any.

Quote:
As far as the video goes, stills were posted on some of those threads that showed Republican congressional aides(identified by name and "rank" and who they worked for and including such luminaries as Delay and Sen. Thompson)flown in to pass as "regular Florida folk" mini-rioting demanding the recount be stopped.
But I'm sure you already knew that.

Democrats and Republicans were flown in to represent their party in the recount. After that largely democratic county took everything behind closed doors and out of the public eye (so they could rig the vote even more?) the Republicans got upset and let themselves be heard from outside the room. Had Jesse Jackson done the same thing youd think he was a hero.
post #21 of 25
Quote:
So once again you don't have any.

I'm sure someone could help you with the search features Scotty.
Quote:
Democrats and Republicans were flown in to represent their party in the recount.

"Represent"? LMAO. Good one.
Quote:
After that largely democratic count took everything behind closed doors and out of the public eye (so they could rig the vote even more?) the Republicans got upset and let themselves be heard from outside the room.

What a comedian, you're on a roll.
Those congressional aides flown in from Washington and around the country to pose as upset "average Floridians" did more than just try to "be heard from outside the room".
And of course, Republicans had no representatives in the rooms where the counts were taking place, hence the "rigging" right?
I see your logic. The republicans were too stupid to have representatives present during recounts, and the Democrats rigged......the wrong votes!! Brilliant!

I'd love to waste more time discussing this with you Scott, but frankly, I've had more intellectually challenging discussions with my dogs.
Discussing anything with you is like having a discussion with a machine solely programmed to defend Bush. \
post #22 of 25
I read all about Florida 2000. Don't need to search it. Just want to know what you people think happened down there. I'll knock them all down one by one.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
I read all about Florida 2000. Don't need to search it. Just want to know what you people think happened down there. I'll knock them all down one by one.

Love and defend Bush and the Republican Party Above All

post #24 of 25
So you have nothing.
post #25 of 25
Quote:
So you have nothing.

Waste more time on you? Nah. Maybe you have problems reading or something. Don't you have to go pray to Bush or something?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Kerry's Brownshirts Act! RNC hit list published!