or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Bush's daughters - laugh at not with

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Bush's daughters - laugh at not with

post #1 of 45
WOW Orama.

The very very stark contrast between Bush's embarrassment for daughters and Kerry's sophisticated, intelligent and well spoken kids is astounding!!!

If it is any token of the differences between the 'leadership' styles and results than we better make sure Kerry gets in office!!

even though they made a funny joke about their hamster . . . they said "we had a hamster too, needless to say ours didn't make it"
Which is poking fun at the fact that Bush couldn't raise a hamster while Kerry saved one . . . . letting on more than they know . . . the two are from different worlds, two completely different worlds of competence, two different backgrounds.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #2 of 45
I think they are good Texas girls. Here in Texas we think a girl should look and act like a girl.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #3 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
I think they are good Texas girls. Here in Texas we think a girl should look and act like a girl.

Who are you to decide what someone should look and act like?
post #4 of 45
Quote:

You mean tied down and pleading for her life?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #5 of 45
I think it is bad form and extremely childish to call out any candidate's children.
proud resident of a failed state
post #6 of 45
Quote:

They are adults. They have graduated from college. They should hold themselves with composure . . .. but since they can't they were told to play up the young-youth culture angle . . . since they're ditzy let's write a speech that sets them up to be irresponsible 'gurlz'. . . .
just a coupla fun loving irresponsible gurlz in their youth. . . that's why we act so stupid . . . hyuk hyuk
I gaurantee that they are exactly like Bush was when he was young . . . spoiled rotten, thinking that they deserve everything they get when they get everything, taking nothing seriously because they never were expected to care about anything, because they never made anything with their own hands . .
. . . that's what you'all in Texas want from a gurl? . . . . you expect them to be unserious and immature well into adulthood?
why? because you don't think that they are equivelant to men in seriousness? incapable of being sophisticated or composed or intelligent? they should be kept dumb and barefoot for raising babies?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #7 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
I think it is bad form and extremely childish to call out any candidate's children.

really? why? out or bounds? . . . . too touchy? uncouth? or just irrelevant?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #8 of 45
Quote:

As do I-- As does pfflam I'm sure.

However, these girls are not children. They are college graduates who are making a public appearance and a public statement in support of their father. We can criticize that public statement without any ethical dilemmas.
post #9 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
As do I-- As does pfflam I'm sure.

However, these girls are not children. They are college graduates who are making a public appearance and a public statement in support of their father. We can criticize that public statement without any ethical dilemmas.

Moreover, is it not equally disgraceful for a politician to parade his family as a badge of honor thus opening them up for typical political attacks? I believe so.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #10 of 45
they were entertaining... but I must say I felt like I was watching the VMA's or some other award show where the presenters trade one-liners...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #11 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
they were entertaining...

Yeah, they were entertaining allright . . . . a laugh-riot.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #12 of 45
Bush's daughters, I'd take em both!
post #13 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by powermacG6
Bush's daughters, I'd take em both!

Got a bottle of Tequila? They're yours.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #14 of 45
Quote:

I'm guessing Cheney's family doesn't get invited to many BBQs there then.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #15 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Got a bottle of Tequila? They're yours.

Or someone else's prescription.
post #16 of 45
Shameless thread.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #17 of 45
Jeez let me show you how it's done.

The Bush twins? Well, Jenna could do with losing a pound or ten and Barbara looks like she might have the same plastic surgeon as Wacko Jacko. I guess after buying their way into top schools, Papa Bush couldn't afford to hire them a stylist huh? Don't get me wrong. I know guys who'd f**k 'em. As long as they had paper bags on their heads.

Aaaaaaah! The gentle art of being bitchy.

The asterisks are especially for you, Common Man. Hope you like them. Normally I'd just say fuck and be done with it.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #18 of 45
nice of you to bounce it, SDW.

I thought they were fun to watch. i don't think i'll vote for their dad, but arnold had me leaning!..... but it was nice to see they were pretty normal. but i have a feeling that the one that looks like her mom and seems quiet is the wilder of the two. i don't know why.
post #19 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Shameless thread.

Hey, put them in the limelight and we have avery right to talk about their performance . . . I for one, am NOT talking about their physical attributes or demeening anything about them but what they revealed about themselves in front of America . . . thorough mediocrity and an attitude that seemed to think they owned the place.

Arnold's speech was good in the manner in which it blithely erased any relationship between the Conservatism which he touted, and touted rather well, and the incompetent and mean-spirited form of the NeoCons. i was surprised by the speech . . . for a string of hollow cliches it hung together well and managed a semblance of emotional response . . . it even had a couple of memorable lines: "girlie-boy economists' and "the American 'dream'"
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #20 of 45
arnold was great, and he truly is a great american story.

only arnold could invoke the name of richard nixon like he did last night.
if the audience was truly listening though they would have been cringing...."is he encouraging immigration? my word!"
it was fun to watch maria stand and not applaud when he went into 4 MORE YEARS! mode.

the thing i really liked about the bush girls is they didn't seem too "handled"
i think if someone would have suggested to jenna (the talky one?) that blue jeans might not be appropriate, that she might've told them to shove it.
post #21 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester

The Bush twins? Well, Jenna could do with losing a pound or ten and Barbara looks like she might have the same plastic surgeon as Wacko Jacko. I guess after buying their way into top schools, Papa Bush couldn't afford to hire them a stylist huh? Don't get me wrong. I know guys who'd f**k 'em. As long as they had paper bags on their heads.

Aaaaaaah! The gentle art of being bitchy.

Ah, the shame of waking up switching on the TV, and not putting the spectacles on. Oh the horror. Will find links for a second opinion!
post #22 of 45
You do not buy your way into UT-Austin.

It doesn't matter if they are college-aged. In mature political discource the children of candidates are off-limits.
post #23 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Shameless thread.

Shameless double standard!!!
"It's OK to attack Kerry's military record because HE brought it up" but "It's not OK to say anything bad about the Bush twins, even though they have been put up on the podium to tell/sell us how hip and cool and compassionate their parents are".
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #24 of 45
Quote:

It doesn't matter if they are college-aged. In mature political discource the children of candidates are off-limits.

If they're doing any kind of campaigning for their fathers, does that still hold true?
post #25 of 45
Quote:

Yes they are - until they're put up on the podium and on prime-time TV as tools of the political process.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #26 of 45
Quote:

if they are in fact on the campaign trail for the old man, you can't exactly ignore them, can you?
post #27 of 45
Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? "Mature political discourse" doesn't exist. Also, need I mention the attacks from Rush and his ilk on Chelsea? If you parade these adult women on stage then they are political targets. They lose the protection of being daughters when they become campaign props.
post #28 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar
arnold was great, and he truly is a great american story.

Yep, a great American story. He came into the US with a nice gig and an apartment already in place and with a non-working visa.

Quote:
Originally posted by common man I think they are good Texas girls. Here in Texas we think a girl should look and act like a girl.

LMAO Weren't they caught buying alcohol with fake IDs once? And wasn't Jenna "Anheuser" Bush caught drinking beer in a bar just weeks before that? Glad to see you welcoming this type of behavior in young girls common man. You party animal you.
post #29 of 45
post #30 of 45
They learned from the master . . ..

but really, to criticize them -and I do so only now that they have been paraded around onstage, in a position where everybody else on stage is automatically considered 'fair game'- only shows how I am an elitist snob . . . . and am not 'down' with the people

Not down with the people like George W -'Champagne Squadron'- Bush.

Not down with the people like George W -'Andover/Yale/Harvard'- Bush.

Hell . . . I guess I'm just not a regular-guy who likes his girls to be girlie . . .

what an elitist snob

What a snob for comparing the poise and obvious intelligence of Kerry's kids, (poise and intelligence which probably comes from a serious upbringing, with serious expectations and solid 'parenting' (aka-leadership)) with Girl's who's position of privilege appears to have been squandered . . . what a snob elitist pig I am . .

and shameless too, for comparing speakers at the Conventions-!!

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #31 of 45
Oh come on powermacG6. That's how "proper" girls greet each other in Texas.
post #32 of 45
I'd do 'em. At the same time. If they paid me a little. Hey, fat girls need love too. But they have to pay. (don't you love Family Guy?)
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
You mean tied down and pleading for her life?
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Also, need I mention the attacks from Rush and his ilk on Chelsea?

Tit for tat?
post #35 of 45
Personally, I think the contrast between the Kerry daughters and the Bush twins is telling.

On the one hand, you have the daughters of a "liberal gigolo" who are well spoken, well mannered, sharp, and accomplished. You would have thought growing up with all that permissiveness and flip-flopping and vanity they might have been a little less, and less obviously, healthy.

Whereas the offspring of the paragon of family values and republican virtue are inane, spoiled, vacuous sorority girls who seem to think the whole thing is a big joke and probably got right back to partying in the big apple (the secret service are keeping the press away from any unfortunate clubbing incidents) ASAP once they cleared the podium.

These are average Texan girls like Paris Hilton is an average pig farmer.
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Tit for tat?

Hard to tell, their necklines weren't low enough
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #37 of 45
I just want to say that I do not find the jokes about how sexy or not etc very funny

But anyway,

This is a Republican response to the Twins . . . NOT happy about them . . .as told by Salon:
Quote:
A conservative cringes at the twins

If you just can't hear enough about the Bush twins' performance at the Republican National Convention, we commend to you the remarks of Michael Anthony Peroutka, the candidate of the Constitution Party. They're the folks for whom the current iteration of the Republican Party just isn't conservative enough.

In a statement e-mailed to reporters Wednesday afternoon, Peroutka said the twins' performance was "foolish, embarrassing, dishonorable to their parents and grandparents, and not funny.

"Did anybody else cringe and feel sorry for our President and country when Jenna Bush said that Grandma Barbara Bush is "not very hip" because she thinks the TV show 'Sex And The City' is "something married people do, but never talk about?

"Jenna Bush's assertion that 'Outkast' is a band and 'not a bunch of misfits' is --- well, just Google this motley, foul-mouthed, toilet-tongued crew. Check out their photos and lyrics. And I think you'll agree that the word 'misfit' doesn't even begin to accurately describe these raunchy rappers.

"As for Jenna Bush saying that her Mom and Dad, if begged, would 'shake it like a Polaroid picture' (an 'Outkast' lyric), the folks at Polaroid say their pictures should not be shaken. A Polaroid spokesman says: 'Almost everybody does it, thinking that shaking accelerates the development process, but if you shake it too vigorously you could distort the image. A casual shake typically doesn't affect it.'

"Barbara Bush said she and Jenna, while not very political, love their Dad 'too much to stand back and watch from the sidelines.' So, they are campaigning for him. But if they love their Dad, and I'm sure they do, and want to help him, perhaps they should not only stand back and watch from the sidelines but also be quiet while they are standing and watching.

"Finally, 'Outkast' was not at the GOP Convention.

Even Kodak has qualms

so let's see, ultra Conservatives saying "the twins' performance was "foolish, embarrassing, dishonorable to their parents and grandparents, and not funny." . . . and I agree?!?! What's the world coming to? \
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Moreover, is it not equally disgraceful for a politician to parade his family as a badge of honor thus opening them up for typical political attacks? I believe so.

Yes it is.

Of course this is not applicable here because as I'm sure you are already aware the daughters voluteered.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #39 of 45
This has to be the dumbest thread ever. Honestly.

First off one needs to take many things into account. First, the environments the two set of kids grew up in were obviously quite different, no matter how equally rich the parents are.

Kerry is a very deliberate and reserved man, so is it not a surprise his daughters come off as "more dignified." Bush is more charistmatic and his daughters reflect a more outgoing personality.

Additionally, college graduates or not, the Bush girls are significantly younger that their Kerry counterparts, and as I'm sure everyone in here 28 and above will admit, they are far more mature now than they were at 22. Life has a way doing that to you.

It is unfair of anyone to immediately peg a man as a bad father simply because his daughters have had some minor troubles.

My youngest sister ran away from home more than once, got pregnant at 17, and had drug and alcohol problems. I guess this makes my parents bad. On the other hand this fails to take into account the fact that of the rest of us children, 2 are elctromechanical engineers, one is an FBI agent, one is a financial analyst, one a doctor, one a chef, and one a self employed graphics artist. All with college degrees.

Also, my brothers and I did our fair share of alcohol consumption as high schoolers, and got into some embarrassing situations. But only the weak and clueless would blame those incidents on poor parenting.

Kerry's daughter was photographed parading around The Cannes Film Festival in a see through top quite clearly showing off her breasts. Do I care? No. But if we're going to argue that she is so incredibly regal I think that sort of flies in the face of it a bit.

JFK and Clinton did a pretty good job of running the country while banging untold numbers of women who they happened to not be wed to. Is that not equally poor parenting? Parenting skills and/or the actions of one's offspring are hardly a determining factor on how well one is suited to be President.

Perhaps you could keep the debate to all the things Bush has not been successful at while in office? I mean wouldn't that be a better jusge of how well he would do? Same for Kerry. Judge him on his record of public service.

post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
I just want to say that I do not find the jokes about how sexy or not etc very funny

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Bush's daughters - laugh at not with