or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Powerbook G5 thickness
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Powerbook G5 thickness

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
I'd be happy to get a G5 powerbook that was up to 1 1/4" thick to get it
by February. What would be your cut-off point for how thick your powerbook
G5 should be?
Brock Samson: You didn't tell me Sasquatch was a... a dude.
Steve Summers: What, you couldn't tell?
Brock Samson: Not until I had to...[shudders] shave him.
Steve Summers: What are you, shy?...
Reply
Brock Samson: You didn't tell me Sasquatch was a... a dude.
Steve Summers: What, you couldn't tell?
Brock Samson: Not until I had to...[shudders] shave him.
Steve Summers: What are you, shy?...
Reply
post #2 of 37
I would take nothing more than 1". This is the standard Apple prides themself on and I will be more than happy to wait until a G5 can fit into a 1" enclosure.
post #3 of 37
1" is to thin for a G5.... maybe in a couple years...
Ah yes, now I can breath!

Reply
Ah yes, now I can breath!

Reply
post #4 of 37
Is it really worth butchering up a server G5 chip enough to put in a laptop? The chip would need to be crippled to save on battery life, heat and case size. I used to be waiting for a G5 Powerbook but now I think a better solution would be a chip more built for a portable.
post #5 of 37
From Greg Joswiak interview with MacWorld:
Quote:
Q: Will the work that went into the iMac help you for a G5 PowerBook?


There's still a luxury we have in two inches that we don't have in a fraction of an inch, if you think about how much space there really is in the bottom of a PowerBook. We've not been willing to do a battleship-like product that some of the PC guys have done with their PC notebooks that use desktop processors. Certainly we were trying to learn from the iMac, but not like, "Oh, there's this breakthrough now, expect it next month.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
post #6 of 37
A mobile chip would be great! If not that I would really much rather wait.
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by mello
I'd be happy to get a G5 powerbook that was up to 1 1/4" thick to get it
by February. What would be your cut-off point for how thick your powerbook
G5 should be?

0.99999999999999999999"

I'm just happy with a G4, maybe a dual G4 or a dual-core G4 at some point. I do not see what advantage a G5 could have in a Laptop except reducing battery-time to 20min ;-)
post #8 of 37
2 inches but 1600X1200 uxga...128 ati 9800..7200 rpm hd...5.4 pds and 4+ hrs bat life... 15.2 tft...2.0ghz g4
post #9 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2002
I would take nothing more than 1". This is the standard Apple prides themself on and I will be more than happy to wait until a G5 can fit into a 1" enclosure.

um...

duh

12" > 1.18"
15" > 1.1"
17" > 1.0"

to state such rigid and arbitrary positions is a bit silly, and will ultimately severly limit your own happiness.
====
"The Matrix is here, and it's vegan-friendly." (TM) 2004, Trinity Life Systems
Reply
====
"The Matrix is here, and it's vegan-friendly." (TM) 2004, Trinity Life Systems
Reply
post #10 of 37
Mr North hits the bullseye here with great accuracy. The thing that really set the original PowerBooks apart from the competition was the ability to run for extended times on battery and still deliver good performance. Apple seems to have lost focus on that one factor in PB acceptance but I still believe that it is a significant factor in the market place.

While there will aways be a battle between competeing features and the impact on battery life the G5 would so unbalance the equation as to produce a useless machine. It would be fantastic if Apple could maintain the same form factor they currently have, at this time that means a G4 derived processor. Maybe IBM will resolve the problems with the 970FX but I wouldn't wait to long for that to happen!

Dave


Quote:
Originally posted by Peter North
Is it really worth butchering up a server G5 chip enough to put in a laptop? The chip would need to be crippled to save on battery life, heat and case size. I used to be waiting for a G5 Powerbook but now I think a better solution would be a chip more built for a portable.
post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by wizard69
While there will aways be a battle between competeing features and the impact on battery life the G5 would so unbalance the equation as to produce a useless machine.

There is no evidence of this, that a G5 laptop would be useless.

Quote:
It would be fantastic if Apple could maintain the same form factor they currently have, at this time that means a G4 derived processor.

Apple always has a choice of making a 3 tier laptop lineup.

Low-end: 1.3" thick iBook G4 from $1000 to $1400
Mid-range: average 1.1" thick Powerbook G4 from $1500 to $2300
High-end: ~1.5" thick Powerbook G5 from $2300 to $3000

Or, if one wants to think in terms of markets: Consumer, Professional, and Mobile. But they like their margins too much right now to change anything. Apple probably makes close to $1500 for each 17" Powerbook G4 and $800 for each 15" Powerbook G4 sold.
post #12 of 37
Call me cynical and naive, but I think Apple can already build a 1.2" thick G5 Powerbook. The reason they don't release one is is chip supply - they could not come close to meeting the demand.

G4 Powerbooks are still selling extremely well at splendid margins. In the meantime, there aren't enough G5 chips to feed even the demand for the Powermac (and now the iMac line as well which has been held up for over two months and is still a month away from shipping). Remember, Apple sells more laptop machines than desktop units so a G5 laptop would more than double the demand for chips. That would simply be a stupid move when you're already running a shortage.

However, if Apple said the same thing about the PowerBook that they said about the iMac - that a G5 version is just around the corner - sales of the G4 would dry up in anticipation of the G5.

When IBM demonstrates that it can reliably crank up output of G5 chips, Apple will find a way to get them into PowerBooks fast. Until then, the new iMac is a good demonstration of just how little a space a G5 can live in without the need for liquid cooling. (Not having seen one in person myself I can't guess as to why it is ten pounds heavier than the 17" powerbook, but we know that there is not a refrigeration unit in the machine, just a few small fans.)
post #13 of 37
So which is it? Cynical or naive? :-)

I don't see the logic of saying that if they can put it in 2" they must be able to put it in 1.2". Remember that the 1.2" in a laptop has a top panel, a screen, a keyboard, a logic board and a bottom panel.

The iMac, in 2 inches has just a screen, a logic board and a back panel (the front bezel and the back plugs are not in the same place as the G5). So obviously the logic board has a lot more room for chip and cooling equipment in an iMac as opposed to a laptop. Besides, if the back of an iMac heats 120 degrees, that's OK. If the bottom plate of a laptop heats to 120 degrees, it could burn you.

So we've got a bigger challenge for cooling, more stringent cooling requirements, and less power available. I'd say it's not coming anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by vr6
Call me cynical and naive, but I think Apple can already build a 1.2" thick G5 Powerbook. The reason they don't release one is is chip supply - they could not come close to meeting the demand.

G4 Powerbooks are still selling extremely well at splendid margins. In the meantime, there aren't enough G5 chips to feed even the demand for the Powermac (and now the iMac line as well which has been held up for over two months and is still a month away from shipping). Remember, Apple sells more laptop machines than desktop units so a G5 laptop would more than double the demand for chips. That would simply be a stupid move when you're already running a shortage.

However, if Apple said the same thing about the PowerBook that they said about the iMac - that a G5 version is just around the corner - sales of the G4 would dry up in anticipation of the G5.

When IBM demonstrates that it can reliably crank up output of G5 chips, Apple will find a way to get them into PowerBooks fast. Until then, the new iMac is a good demonstration of just how little a space a G5 can live in without the need for liquid cooling. (Not having seen one in person myself I can't guess as to why it is ten pounds heavier than the 17" powerbook, but we know that there is not a refrigeration unit in the machine, just a few small fans.)
post #14 of 37
Cynical on whether they're telling the truth about not being able to do it, naive about the complexity of doing.

I'm by no means saying that for sure it can be done, just that it's in their interest, based on chip supply, to say that it can't be done. The G5 is no hotter than an intel chip and they've been in laptops for quite some time (granted with shorter battery lives, bigger fans and more bulk.)

Don't underestimate the creativity at Apple in designing a laptop. They invented it after all. Who knows, they may choose to go with a design (for the reasons you mentioned) that has the CPU and logic board on the back of the screen, but a much thinner keyboard portion on the bottom. It helps with cooling to do that, but would obviously be top heavy, so some additional creativity would be needed to keep the center of gravity over the main unit so it doesn't fall backwards. For example, maybe the screen could rise on an arm to be centered over the base, bringing the screen closer to your face as you type (a great added benefit for the small screen on a 12" Powerbook like the one I have). Anyhow, I don't mean to try to design the next Powerbook here at all. I just thought I would share my thoughts on a bigger showstopper than cooling the chips - which is that there aren't enough chips to cool in the first place.

Quote:
Originally posted by synp
So which is it? Cynical or naive? :-)

I don't see the logic of saying that if they can put it in 2" they must be able to put it in 1.2". Remember that the 1.2" in a laptop has a top panel, a screen, a keyboard, a logic board and a bottom panel.

The iMac, in 2 inches has just a screen, a logic board and a back panel (the front bezel and the back plugs are not in the same place as the G5). So obviously the logic board has a lot more room for chip and cooling equipment in an iMac as opposed to a laptop. Besides, if the back of an iMac heats 120 degrees, that's OK. If the bottom plate of a laptop heats to 120 degrees, it could burn you.

So we've got a bigger challenge for cooling, more stringent cooling requirements, and less power available. I'd say it's not coming anytime soon.
post #15 of 37
I agree that chip supplies are too low, but I think that if they could put a G5 in a laptop today, they would be in the PowerBook, rather than in the iMac.

In the long run, Apple has motivation to move its entire line to a G5. Why? Because until all their computers are 64-bit, they cannot release an operating system that's really 64-bit. They can only have some kind of dual-mode.

Tiger is going to be 32-bit with the ability to run 64-bit address spaces. If they want version to be truly 64-bit, they need to get their entire line to G5. For PB, they will need to do it at least a year before Tiger+1 comes out, because they need to feel that they can upgrade their operating system if the upgrade comes out so soon after they've bought their powerbook.

Quote:
Originally posted by vr6
Cynical on whether they're telling the truth about not being able to do it, naive about the complexity of doing.

I'm by no means saying that for sure it can be done, just that it's in their interest, based on chip supply, to say that it can't be done. The G5 is no hotter than an intel chip and they've been in laptops for quite some time (granted with shorter battery lives, bigger fans and more bulk.)

Don't underestimate the creativity at Apple in designing a laptop. They invented it after all. Who knows, they may choose to go with a design (for the reasons you mentioned) that has the CPU and logic board on the back of the screen, but a much thinner keyboard portion on the bottom. It helps with cooling to do that, but would obviously be top heavy, so some additional creativity would be needed to keep the center of gravity over the main unit so it doesn't fall backwards. For example, maybe the screen could rise on an arm to be centered over the base, bringing the screen closer to your face as you type (a great added benefit for the small screen on a 12" Powerbook like the one I have). Anyhow, I don't mean to try to design the next Powerbook here at all. I just thought I would share my thoughts on a bigger showstopper than cooling the chips - which is that there aren't enough chips to cool in the first place.
post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
There is always new battery technology. I just read recently about these
new high capacity batteries for the powerbook that offer up to 54% more
time.
Brock Samson: You didn't tell me Sasquatch was a... a dude.
Steve Summers: What, you couldn't tell?
Brock Samson: Not until I had to...[shudders] shave him.
Steve Summers: What are you, shy?...
Reply
Brock Samson: You didn't tell me Sasquatch was a... a dude.
Steve Summers: What, you couldn't tell?
Brock Samson: Not until I had to...[shudders] shave him.
Steve Summers: What are you, shy?...
Reply
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by synp
I agree that chip supplies are too low, but I think that if they could put a G5 in a laptop today, they would be in the PowerBook, rather than in the iMac.

Maybe, but iMac needed badly to differentiate itself from the eMac beyond just the screen. Also, the iMac is a lower volume seller than the Powerbook (note that in their quarterly releases apple lumps eMacs and iMacs into the line called iMacs - but when they do break it out the eMac greatly outsells the iMac). Anyhow, you're probably right.
post #18 of 37
i agree with vr6, that they needed to make a difference between the imac and emac. before the g5 upgrade, there was no difference between the two, except one had a CRT and one had an LCD, and the extra $400 on the price tag. thats one reason i don't think they'll be updating the emac soon. also, i agree that by putting the g5 in the imac rather than the PB, they could worry less about demand, since fewer people buy imacs now than they did when they first came out. if they shipped the PB with a G5, they'd be backed up for months and months to come, much like when the Playstation 2 first came out. bad times
Macbook Pro
2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo
160GB HD
2GB RAM
Reply
Macbook Pro
2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo
160GB HD
2GB RAM
Reply
post #19 of 37
Well if you expect that laptop to run for any length of time, on battery, the current G5 would certainly make for a rather useless machine. The evidence is pretty clear that the current 970 will not be going into an Apple form factor machine at this time. Just take a good close look at current cooling solutions.

Now that doesn't mean that IBM isn't trying to clean up its pathetic performance with repsect to the 970 and actually come out with a low power device. Just that such a chip doesn't currently exist in public.

Dave


Quote:
Originally posted by THT
There is no evidence of this, that a G5 laptop would be useless.
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by mello
There is always new battery technology. I just read recently about these
new high capacity batteries for the powerbook that offer up to 54% more
time.

well it wont be too long before we have power cells and our laptop will last a couple weeks or so inbetween refills
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by concentricity
um...

duh

12" > 1.18"
15" > 1.1"
17" > 1.0"

to state such rigid and arbitrary positions is a bit silly, and will ultimately severly limit your own happiness.

I'am happy, I have a 1" thick 17" PowerBook. I do not care about the chip in there but about the overall performance, which is more than decent except maybe for video encoding work!
post #22 of 37
Apple has bought into this "it mist be thin" mentality and it is getting annoying. Some people want light ultra thin portables, and others want powerful portables that can really get the work done.

I want a G5 powerbook and I don't care if they have to make it 2" thick -- my G3 wallstreet powerbook was 2" thick and weighed about 8 pounds and I had no problem carrying it around. I loved that machine.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Reply
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Reply
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Res
Apple has bought into this "it mist be thin" mentality and it is getting annoying. Some people want light ultra thin portables, and others want powerful portables that can really get the work done.

I want a G5 powerbook and I don't care if they have to make it 2" thick -- my G3 wallstreet powerbook was 2" thick and weighed about 8 pounds and I had no problem carrying it around. I loved that machine.

HERE, HERE !!

Finaly Someone with Sense !

Yes it's WHAT IT DOES NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE !
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Necessity, who is the mother of invention. - Plato...
Reply
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Necessity, who is the mother of invention. - Plato...
Reply
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Res
Apple has bought into this "it mist be thin" mentality and it is getting annoying. Some people want light ultra thin portables, and others want powerful portables that can really get the work done.

I want a G5 powerbook and I don't care if they have to make it 2" thick -- my G3 wallstreet powerbook was 2" thick and weighed about 8 pounds and I had no problem carrying it around. I loved that machine.

while i would obviously prefer a thinner and lighter book, i too could go for a wall-street sized laptop. the wall streets were a lot more durable too, and my dad's been using his for six years now i guess...

if i knew that the extra thickness and weight gave me a more durable, faster machine, i don't think i would hesitate.
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by The Angel of the Abyss
HERE, HERE !!

Finaly Someone with Sense !

Yes it's WHAT IT DOES NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE !

Hear, hear, perhaps.
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Res
Apple has bought into this "it mist be thin" mentality and it is getting annoying. Some people want light ultra thin portables, and others want powerful portables that can really get the work done.

I want a G5 powerbook and I don't care if they have to make it 2" thick -- my G3 wallstreet powerbook was 2" thick and weighed about 8 pounds and I had no problem carrying it around. I loved that machine.

You are hitting a somewhat interesting spot: some people want true portable others want "luggable" desktop replacements.

There is no one-size-fit's all. I love my 17" (1" thick!) and I would not want it to be any bigger. But at the same time I think the 1.5GHz G4 is just fine for a portable machine. Of course I'd like to get a dual 1GHz G4 with the additional speed, but never at the compromise of more weight or even bigger dimensions.

Other people may well want to trade in portability for raw speed! I think ther will be space for both kinds of machines:
- G4 low-voltage thin true mobile machines
- G5 desktop replacement machines that are "luggable"
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB
Other people may well want to trade in portability for raw speed! I think ther will be space for both kinds of machines:
- G4 low-voltage thin true mobile machines
- G5 desktop replacement machines that are "luggable"

I agree. These should be the two portable lines, not some weird distinction between "professional" and "consumer".

Why does the professional-consumer dichotomy not make sense? Because it is not true that professionals always need more power than consumers.

A professional might only use the computer to read and write documents, surf the web and read mail. This professional needs very little power (1 GHz is overkill), but she travels a lot and would appreciate long battery life and low weight.

A professional photographer might use the computer for RAW file workflow, and for some Photoshop work. A few years ago, the phrase "heavy photoshop work" was used as a reason why we needed ever more powerful computers. No longer the case. Photoshop is plenty fast enough on any recent computer, Intel or PowerPC.

A consumer might have a hobby such as video editing or 3D rendering. This consumer needs a powerful computer. His kids won't let him work at it while he's at home, so he only gets to do this while commuting to work. That's why he needs a portable.

Another consumer likes to play games. Games still benefit from as much CPU power as you can throw at them. Better get the thick G5.

My point in all these examples, is that the consumer-pro dichotomy does not make sense. It does not make sense to make a consumer buy an expensive "pro" machine with gigabit ethernet and a larger HD just because they want to edit home movies. It does not make sense to make a lawyer who needs very little computing power buy a G5, just because the iBook looks like a toy.

The better dichotomy is heavy and powerful vs thin and elegant.
post #28 of 37
I suppose Apple have painted themselves into a corner here.

1 inch-ish is the Apple benchmark.

Are they really going to go backwards for 2 inch back to the wallstreet for be compared to Wintel 'battle tank' laptops?

No. I don't think so.

The iMac G5 clearly shows Apple will not repeat the 'mold' but break it.

Ergo. Expect the G5 laptop to include a striking design one-step removed from alu and about the same thickness and made from some new...jazzy material.

Apple has to innovate. They are 'THE' laptop maker by most critical standards. Even many PC commentators cede this.

That's not to say the screens are cutting edge or the cpu power couldn't be better.

But instead you get, better battery life, better design, sleeker...the best 17 incher in the business....backlit keyboard...fully featured...and gorgeous.

Still, pull finger out Apple and get out the 'last' (again) G4 speed grade. 1.8-2.0?

We'll see.

Hopefully a G5 Antares 'laptop' variant will re-define the laptop performance equation. Hey, folks, Intel are talking dual core .65 for 2nd half 05. Worried yet?

I hope PPC responds.

Go to vr-zone.com and see the roadmaps...

Lemon Bon Bon
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
Reply
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
Reply
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by Res
Apple has bought into this "it mist be thin" mentality and it is getting annoying. Some people want light ultra thin portables, and others want powerful portables that can really get the work done.

The people who want light ultra thin portables aren't happy either.

Quote:
I want a G5 powerbook and I don't care if they have to make it 2" thick -- my G3 wallstreet powerbook was 2" thick and weighed about 8 pounds and I had no problem carrying it around. I loved that machine.

Since Apple only has one PowerBook line, it has to balance everyone's needs. This unfortunately means that people who are willing to disregard one variable entirely (power, weight, battery life, size, features, etc.) aren't going to be entirely happy. On the other hand, this approach is what gives Apple its reputation as a laptop maker: Instead of loading a bunch of almost-there designs into a shotgun and firing them into the market, it offers a few great all-around designs.

If Apple's going to target niches like the ultralight and the schleptop (you could argue that the iMac targets the latter, actually...) then they need one thing: Sales. The bigger their market (not necessarily market share; I'm thinking in terms of real, concrete numbers) the more niches they can profitably target. There are some that they might not target for a long time simply because the compromises involved don't meet Apple's standards for overall ease of use — I'm thinking of the ultralights with less than an hour's battery life, cramped keyboards, SquinTronic™ displays, external opticals, etc.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
Reply
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by The Angel of the Abyss


Yes it's WHAT IT DOES NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE !

Well, I somewhat disagree. My wife looks very good, but she doesn't do too much. Still I'm happy. Sure I'd love it if in addition to looking great she also brought me a beer when I got home and ironed my clothes, etc..., but I'm not prepared to see her put on 30 pounds and grow a moustache if that's what it takes to get a beer.

I agree its not for everyone (and why some people therefore marry overweight, moustached women), but it sure is consistent with the positioning of Apple - looks great, and it's performance vis a vis the competition is questionable.

P.S. please don't elaborate on the metaphor used above. It only goes so far.
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by vr6
P.S. please don't elaborate on the metaphor used above. It only goes so far.

So you're not going to tell us about her battery life?

Oh yeah... no worries, just put her to sleep after use.
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by dfiler
So you're not going to tell us about her battery life?

Oh yeah... no worries, just put her to sleep after use.

I'm surprised that's the best you could come up with, but hopefully that'll be the end of it.
post #33 of 37
Apple will find a compromise between the thickness and the power. Of course Apple wants to offer a PowerBook G5 that's as thin or thinner than the current line, but that probably wont happen, and they'll probably be more expensive or the same price.

I can't see Apple releasing anything larger than a 1.2 inch thick PowerBook G5. They wont do it, they'll withhold the release of the product until they can get it to their standards.
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by vr6
Well, I somewhat disagree. My wife looks very good, but she doesn't do too much. Still I'm happy. Sure I'd love it if in addition to looking great she also brought me a beer when I got home and ironed my clothes, etc..., but I'm not prepared to see her put on 30 pounds and grow a moustache if that's what it takes to get a beer.

post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by vr6
Well, I somewhat disagree. My wife looks very good, but she doesn't do too much. Still I'm happy. Sure I'd love it if in addition to looking great she also brought me a beer when I got home and ironed my clothes, etc..., but I'm not prepared to see her put on 30 pounds and grow a moustache if that's what it takes to get a beer.

You broke a cardinal rule here, buddy. You may think you're getting off easy because of the "My wife looks ver good" thing, but you're not. Memorize the following words to live by:

Never, ever, discuss wives in threads with the word "thickness" in the title. Never!
post #36 of 37
My ex was like a Dell. Thick but she works hard. She was fussy and had a habit of suddenly refusing to respond. She also spent far too much time playing games. I also found it very difficult to do what I wanted to do, rather than what I had to do, and I didn't really develop the enjoyment of doing what I had to do. I didn't feel like I could explore new things with her.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
My ex was like a Dell. Thick but she works hard. She was fussy and had a habit of suddenly refusing to respond. She also spent far too much time playing games. I also found it very difficult to do what I wanted to do, rather than what I had to do, and I didn't really develop the enjoyment of doing what I had to do. I didn't feel like I could explore new things with her.

Now that's funny!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Powerbook G5 thickness