or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Washington Post disects some of the RNC lies

Washington Post disects some of the RNC lies

post #1 of 11
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Sep2.html

Good read--this is to appease scott BTW.

I can't wait for Kerry to get off his ass and start answering these claims immediatly after they are made.

Clinton knew a thing or two about this...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #2 of 11
could I get a mod to toss in an extra 's' into the word disects in the thread title? It's supposed to be 'dissects'

Thanks.
post #3 of 11
Holy bullshit batman! I knew the thing about the body armor was a nasty distortion before, but I didn't realize just how steaming a load of crap it really was. This line in that WaPost article got me Googling:
Quote:
But much of the funding for body armor was added to the bill by House Democrats, not the administration

Huh? It turns out that the original spending bill, the one the President submitted to Congress, didn't include ANY money for body armor. Is there a super-extra bold font I can write that in? The President didn't ask for any body armor money.

Why would the President do such a hateful thing? Does he want our troops to die? No, the money had already all been budgeted in the first Iraq supplemental bill, the one Kerry sure-as-shit voted for (along with 95 other Senators). $310 million to buy 300,000 sets of body armor. All the miltary needed. Thing is, the manufacturer couldn't make them fast enough, so by the time October (and the second supplemental bill) arrived, many troops were still lacking. Still, the rest were paid for and on their way, so Bush didn't ask for any more money.

House Democrats smelled easy points, so they proposed adding another $251 million to the body armor fund to speed things along. It got added, since who it in the right mind would vote against body armor, even superfluous body armor?

The rest is history. It boggles my mind, though, how the President could get up on that podium tonight and repeat with a straight face the claim that John Kerry voted against body armor - WHICH THE PRESIDENT DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR.

Goddammit, I had to get that off my chest. What a fucking asshole. Crap. If the NSA is reading, I'm not talking about the President. Oh, source from the AP via that liberal rag, the Washington Times.
post #4 of 11
I guess the Reps are counting on the general populace not going online or to the library to double check the "attack points" thrown out there these last few days. They're very effective at it and it just goes to show that when it comes to winning at any cost....there is nothing they won't do to achieve that.

I love the last line of the article: "Yesterday, the State Department said that only $1 billion of that money has been spent in the 11 months since the bill was passed."

All the falsehoods they spewed about Kerry on voting against the $87B....and then this? What a load.
post #5 of 11
When Bush spoke tonight he mentioned the 87b thing and I swear I'd heard what he was saying before. I'm pretty sure Scott said almost the exact same thing a couple months ago.

"the bottomline is, he voted for the bill before he voted against it"

of course, that's NOT the bottom line, but who cares, it's a good soundbyte.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #6 of 11
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #7 of 11
The only way they can win is through deception and political attacks. Anyone that eats up the BS coming from this administration, particularly after years of unmistakable failure (at best!), has some real issues. Watching what the repubs are doing right now literally makes me sick.
post #8 of 11
The really sad thing is, they are willing to stoop to ANYTHING, unlike the Dems... and this fact may be what costs the Dems the election.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
The only way they can win is through deception and political attacks. Anyone that eats up the BS coming from this administration, particularly after years of unmistakable failure (at best!), has some real issues. Watching what the repubs are doing right now literally makes me sick.

Yeah and boy have they become thick lately. This could be a positive indicator however. They really have nothing of substance so they are always on they rhetorical attack.

I think they're scared they might lose.

I was talking to a friend last night and we agreed the more they do this the less people are going to buy it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #10 of 11
Even Arnolds statements are being questioned: http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
post #11 of 11
More commentary and fact checking of the RNC lies. How can anyone trust these guys to run the country still?

http://slate.msn.com/id/2106119
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Washington Post disects some of the RNC lies