or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why is Kerry so pallid?

Why is Kerry so pallid?

post #1 of 30
Not really a political issue, I'm just wondering why EVERY darned picture I see of John Kerry looks like he's seriously washed-out/anemic. The best description I can think of is that he LOOKS like he should be wearing a powdered wig in a costume drama. Is this some sort of ethnic trait (whatever his ethnicity may be)?

Is it just me? If so I'll have to have my monitor checked out.
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #2 of 30
yeah I see what you mean...

http://gallery.johnkerry.com/viewpho...2-2a27f6497b7e

....he's so white compared to everyone else...

But he's darker than some others...

http://gallery.johnkerry.com/viewpho...1-1a1fef152205

but seriously, where are you getting your pics from, because only the Republicans intentionally desaturate him (to make Lurch/Herman Munster comparisons).

He's tan as hell...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #3 of 30
The last one I saw was on CNN, a true bastion of those damned dirty Republicans... ...but I've seen it on local and national network news too. Tan? Come on, he's not tan.
But:
If there's already some poo-flinging controversy about his skin tone then forget I said anything, I only just noticed it for myself. Cause the guy is ashen.

Edit: I didn't notice the Lurch/Munster thing the first time I read your reply. Pretty funny~
post #4 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops
The last one I saw was on CNN, a true bastion of those damned dirty Republicans... .

Never a truer word was said in jest....
We all know where Fox stands...they are in your face. CNN however pretends to be evenhanded and unbiased, but re. Bush admin policy all you see is an endless line of retired generals, economists, officials, mainstream pundits etc, treading and retreading the political ground between the center and the extreme far right. Where are the true liberal commentators like Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, Jim Hightower, Gore Vidal, William Greider, Robert Scheer, Greg Palast, Amy Goodman, Molly Ivins and a host of others? Have their, or likeminded commentaries been quietly BANNED by the managements of CNN and the major networks? Or is it because the nursery/playpen/soundbite/talking- point style of modern television is an unsuitable vehicle for describing the realities of the complex naunced world in which we all live?

And back on the thread: Kerry doesn't have a pale complexion at all! Perhaps its that graying salt'n'pepper hair and the long face....
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #5 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo
Never a truer word was said in jest....
We all know where Fox stands...they are in your face. CNN however pretends to be evenhanded and unbiased, but re. Bush admin policy all you see is an endless line of retired generals, economists, officials, mainstream pundits etc, treading and retreading the political ground between the center and the extreme far right. Where are the true liberal commentators like Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, Jim Hightower, Gore Vidal, William Greider, Robert Scheer, Greg Palast, Amy Goodman, Molly Ivins and a host of others? Have their, or likeminded commentaries been quietly BANNED by the managements of CNN and the major networks? Or is it because the nursery/playpen/soundbite/talking- point style of modern television is an unsuitable vehicle for describing the realities of the complex naunced world in which we all live?

And back on the thread: Kerry doesn't have a pale complexion at all! Perhaps its that graying salt'n'pepper hair and the long face....

Hmm?

Good questions . . . and yes . . . there is no 'Liberal' media . . . as one Brit said, what is called 'Liberal' here in the States is center-right everywhere else . .

and the constant and shrill charge of 'Liberal-media-bias' has got everybody in the media so afraid of appearing biased that they have thrown objectivity out the window in order to pander to the critics, bending over backwards to accomodate the extreme right and thus shifting the center of "debate" way towards the Right and away from any remotely 'Liberal' views . . . even NPR is one Right-apologist guest after another . . . with a few exceptions here on "Wisconsin-Ideas-Network"

CNN has not only revamped their visuals/grahics and general formatting in order to immitate FOX (which they consciously did when FOX was so popular) but they have also not-so-quietly adopted their bias . . just not so dramatically.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #6 of 30
Um. No. They look tanned, botoxed, and ready to me.

Another conservative lie!

post #7 of 30
I don't know about Kerry's pallor but George always looks to me like he's not the full quid. There's a disturbing empty, deadness in his eyes that always makes me think he must have suffered significant brain damage somewhere along the way. And let's face it he does show signs of being intellectually challenged.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
yeah I see what you mean...
http://gallery.johnkerry.com/viewpho...2-2a27f6497b7e
....he's so white compared to everyone else...

But he's darker than some others...
http://gallery.johnkerry.com/viewpho...1-1a1fef152205

That was pretty funny.
post #9 of 30
I worry that he has no soul.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
I worry that he has no soul.

post #11 of 30
kerry's not as tan as the average american?

omg wtf bbq~!!~#4rhregs

My head esplode!
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #12 of 30
Shawn, in one of the pictures you linked someone has all but painted apples on Kerry's cheeks. Tell me THAT isn't enhanced and I'll show you SJO's beloved secret stash of Reagan memorabilia.

I knew there was a reason I stayed out of this forum.....
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Not really a political issue, I'm just wondering why EVERY darned picture I see of John Kerry looks like he's seriously washed-out/anemic.

he is freaked out by Zell Miller, Zell keeps chalenging him to a dual and John just can't ablige him, that would piss off his supporters, the anti-2nd ammendment crowd.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Shawn, in one of the pictures you linked someone has all but painted apples on Kerry's cheeks. Tell me THAT isn't enhanced and I'll show you SJO's beloved secret stash of Reagan memorabilia.

I knew there was a reason I stayed out of this forum.....

Well, you're wrong.

I doubt anyone else thinks Kerry is "ashen" instead of "tanned." Maybe they look less tanned in earlier campaign photos-- like February and March. And yeah-- that one picture sure has a lot of makeup. But I think you took things personal here when I was really mocking my own candidate-- because they're so tanned and botoxed it seems. I'd say practically "airbrushed," too!

Well, on the days he's not Herman Munster.

post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

he is freaked out by Zell Miller, Zell keeps chalenging him to a dual and John just can't ablige him, that would piss off his supporters, the anti-2nd ammendment crowd.

Yes. Point taken.
post #16 of 30
lol @ harsean
post #17 of 30

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Yup. That's another one on the score card.

Our new resident Dem basher who pretends to be otherwise.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Yup. That's another one on the score card.

Our new resident Dem basher who pretends to be otherwise.

You're keeping tally of how many times I bash Republicans as opposed to Democrats? You guys are hilarious.

post #20 of 30
Quote:

You're keeping tally of how many times I bash Republicans as opposed to Democrats? You guys are hilarious.

Like I've said it's telling.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Like I've said it's telling.

Indeed.

post #22 of 30
Quote:

Like I've said many times before. I don't believe you. I don't believe you are who you say you are. I've seen this routine around here too many times.

And besides, there's nothing better to do around here as this forum totally blows now.
post #23 of 30
Quote:

Indeed.

Don't be obtuse. You know what I meant.
post #24 of 30
Quote:

Like I've said many times before. I don't believe you. I don't believe you are who you say you are. I've seen this routine around here too many times.

And besides, there's nothing better to do around here as this forum totally blows now.

Indeed.
post #25 of 30
Quote:

Believe whatever you want. The burden of proof is on you.

post #26 of 30
Quote:

Don't be obtuse. You know what I meant.

You just can't stand that I'm not letting you get to me, can you?

post #27 of 30
Quote:

So that's what this is all about!

That's telling also.
post #28 of 30
Quote:

So that's what this is all about!

That's telling also.

Quite.

post #29 of 30
Quote:

There's one card exposed.
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by northgate View Post

there's one card exposed.

uno!!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why is Kerry so pallid?