or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush got Google-bombed :(

Rush got Google-bombed :(

post #1 of 42
One of my "friends" on the internet told me that if you Google for "druggie media" (without the quotes), that Google will pull up a page that talks trash about Rush Limbaugh. I tried, and Google actually did that ...the second link down...

I personally think that it's kinda sad, because it wasn't Rush's fault that he got addicted to Oxy. I think that the doctor should've told him that the stuff is addictive, before writing the prescription.

I really like his show, and listen to it whenever i can, but what sucks is that i'm at school when it's on, and there is no way that i could listen to it while there.
Many people disagree with what Rush says because they don't know when to take him seriously and when to laugh. I like his sense of humor. I agree with 99.9% of what he says, and oftentimes end up agreeing with the other 0.1% by the time the show is over. He is a smart guy and i never get bored while listening to his show, but my Mom doesn't like it and she says that he sounds like a drug addict and that the sound of him shuffling paper is annoying.

-Neø the dittohead

P.S. i had posted this thread at AppleNova, but the folks there told me that this kind of threads is not welcome
Crunch for the Cure!
http://www.find-a-drug.org/

---------------------------------
God created Adam and Eve, He didnt create Adam and Steve
-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #2 of 42
Femnazi
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #3 of 42
druggie media? how board are you to google that?
BTW, rush24/7 is worth the price, in between jobs now but I plan to subscribe again when I find some work.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #4 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
I personally think that it's kinda sad, because it wasn't Rush's fault that he got addicted to Oxy. I think that the doctor should've told him that the stuff is addictive, before writing the prescription.

I'd try to sarcastically parody that, to point out the irony, but I can't say it any better in jest than you did in earnest.

Anyway, if you've been listening to Rush, is he going easier on druggies these days? Does he talk about them at all?
post #5 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
druggie media? how board are you to google that?
BTW, rush24/7 is worth the price, in between jobs now but I plan to subscribe again when I find some work.

someday i'm gonna subscribe too, but meanwhile, i'm just gonna record to shows on tape to listen to them later...

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #6 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel

I'd try to sarcastically parody that, to point out the irony, but I can't say it any better in jest than you did in earnest.

Anyway, if you've been listening to Rush, is he going easier on druggies these days? Does he talk about them at all?

i had missed all of the shows since the school started, but when i listened during the summer, i never heard him talk about druggies...i missed a few shows during the summer too because i stayed up late, and by the time i woke up it was like 20 minutes of the show left

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #7 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot
Femnazi

dude, i'm pro-life (anti-abortion)

i'm a conservative republican...

-Neø the dittohed
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #8 of 42
You should listen to your Mom.

By any chance, is your name Alex P. Keating?
post #9 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider

who is that guy?

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #10 of 42
My Mom = Democrat

Me = Republican

but i listen to my Mom when it's not about politics

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #11 of 42
Quote:

It was Keaton wasn't it?

Anywho...

Neo, this has been eluded to but not said and I know some people are not to good with this kind of thing so here goes: Placing the blame for Rush's addiction somewhere other than Rush is an un-conservative thing to do. One of the keys to calling yourself a conservative is believing in this thing called personal responsibility. Also, Rush has kept the attacks on drug abusers on the down low because we now know he is an addict. Prior to this revelation, he blamed social ill after social ill on drug use and abuse. See the hypocrisy? Rush used drugs for years and at the same time demonized others who suffered from his very same addiction.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
who is that guy?

-Neø the dittohead

It's actually Alex P. Keaton (thanks faust9)
post #13 of 42
Quote:
It's actually Alex P. Keaton (thanks faust9)

Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø

Um, ever watch Family Ties? Ask your mom if you remind her of Alex P. Keaton. She may get a chuckle out of it.
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
It was Keaton wasn't it?

Anywho...

Neo, this has been eluded to but not said and I know some people are not to good with this kind of thing so here goes: Placing the blame for Rush's addiction somewhere other than Rush is an un-conservative thing to do. One of the keys to calling yourself a conservative is believing in this thing called personal responsibility. Also, Rush has kept the attacks on drug abusers on the down low because we now know he is an addict. Prior to this revelation, he blamed social ill after social ill on drug use and abuse. See the hypocrisy? Rush used drugs for years and at the same time demonized others who suffered from his very same addiction.

yeah, you are right, i'm a bit more of a Rush-follower, but on issues other than pain-relief drugs i have a conservative republican point of view

BTW, i used to live accross the street from a woman who is a pain-pill addict, and i'm sorry for her too

-Neø the dittohead

[edit = adding info] i used to think that it was pill-poppers' fault that they got addicted, but after i talked to the neighbor, i changed my opinion...
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer

Is that supposed to be funny?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #17 of 42
Quote:
It was Keaton wasn't it?

Anywho...

Thankyou...yes, absolutely. What's the difference between Rush's narcotics abuse and some hippie growing some marijuana? They are both controlled substances, and in Rush's case, an addictive one. But 4,350 tablets in a 47 day period....yikes....I know he's a large guy (read fat slob) but that's some 90 oxycontin tablets per day. (!!!!!) I'm trying to imagine his day in court, if it ever gets to a trial, which is doubtful. The huge quantity of pills involved points to a charge of possession with intent to supply..or DEALING. Now what happens to people who get busted on these type of drug charges? Houses, cars, expensive personal items are confiscated by the Government and sold off at auction, and offenders routinely get jailed. Btw.... I absolutely disagree with these type of confiscatory measures; in fact I feel the entire war on drugs is insane and counterproductive. If Rush Limbaugh feels he needs to self-medicate a back problem with narcotics obtained in such a manner, then I feel its his right to do so, just like if you want to smoke crack or do acid. The facts about drugs are well-known enough that it should be "at users risk" rather than spending $$billions and have government agents swarming through your home at the slightest provocation.

But while the law is at its current state (of stupidity), if Leroy from South Central gets busted for whatever and gets a jail term, then why should it be different for Limbaugh?

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-110349c.html
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
Is that supposed to be funny?

No, but it's ironic. If not for the republican administration, he would probably not be out of work and could afford the tapes!
post #19 of 42
And Neø...I just don't get why, as a conservative, you went for Rush for regular listening....he's awful! There are many conservatives out there who leave Rush in the starting blocks. For chrissakes...the guy's a doper, a hypocrite, a liar ... and a Chickenhawk...(someone who advocates sending others to war, but avoiding military service himself).
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
-Neø the dittohead

P.S. i had posted this thread at AppleNova, but the folks there told me that this kind of threads is not welcome

And somebody at AN told Neo to go post it here although they did later make amends for that suggestion.

Too bad you didn't listen Neo because you're not just a dittohead you're a shithead and AFAIC the sooner you fuck off the better. You're a blight on both sites. Go crawl back into whatever slime pit you emerged from.

Don't waste time on this people. She/he/it is a troll and a troublemaker.

Ban away El Modos if you must. I won't hold it against you. This one's worth it.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #21 of 42
Faust, the word you wanted to use was ALLUDE, not ELUDE.

Elude means to "evade or escape".
Allude means to "make reference to".

Try to remember the difference and people will think that you're smarter than you already are!

(find my grammatical error for bonus points)
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #22 of 42
", and"
post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops

Try to remember the difference and people will think that you're smarter than you already are!

I'm the first to admit I can't spell. F7 or cmd+shift+: are my saviors in most cases. Also a good proofreader is a must for those of use what aint to gud with them thar letters. I can't type either--I'm a two finger hunt-and-peck typist.
post #24 of 42
Quote:
I'm the first to admit I can't spell. F7 or cmd+shift+: are my saviors in most cases. Also a good proofreader is a must for those of use what aint to gud with them thar letters. I can't type either--I'm a two finger hunt-and-peck typist.

So you're a bad spellin' pecker?
post #25 of 42
Quote:

The quotation remarks should follow the period, not precede it.
post #26 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by cooop
The quotation remarks should follow the period, not precede it.

Good catch! So there were two: missing comma before the coordinating conjunction to separate two independent clauses-- and the old punctuation mark before quotation mark rule. Good times.

Edit: Actually, what's the rule on this? I know it isn't always necessary, but it's kind of a judgment call whether the two sentences are "balanced" enough to not need one. <-- this one definitely needs it. I usually put a comma, though.
post #27 of 42
Quote:

Faust, the word you wanted to use was "allude," not "elude."

"Elude" means "to evade or escape."
"Allude means "to make reference to."

Try to remember the difference and people will think you're smarter than you actually are.

(Find my grammatical errors for bonus points.)
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Faust, the word you wanted to use was "allude," not "elude."

"Elude" means "to evade or escape."
"Allude means "to make reference to."

Try to remember the difference and people will think you're smarter than you actually are.

(Find my grammatical errors for bonus points.)

Hmm... There is a missing quotation mark after "Allude" in the third line....
post #29 of 42
Quote:
Hmm... There is a missing quotation mark after "Allude" in the third line....

Doh! Technically, that's a typo, not an error.

Oh, and you've got a misused ellipsis at the end of the sentence.
post #30 of 42
Same thread posted at both sites gets the same reaction. Unsurprising.

Yet somehow, the chiding at AN to "do some research before your dittohead comments expose your mindlessness" didn't register? Maybe a bit less echo chamber and a little more multi-source research and reading would help broaden both your perspective, and your credibility.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #31 of 42
Quote:

For a second I thought that said "misspelled" ellipsis, and I looked at it and saw that it was "...." and I thought "that's pretty funny"

8)
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot
For a second I thought that said "misspelled" ellipsis, and I looked at it and saw that it was "...." and I thought "that's pretty funny"

8)

Which might make full, pouty ellipsis " .::. "
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Doh! Technically, that's a typo, not an error.

Damn you!!!

post #34 of 42
Quote:

Me = Republican

Don't worry, it's just a phase, you'll snap out of it eventually.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
[i][edit = adding info] i used to think that it was pill-poppers' fault that they got addicted, but after i talked to the neighbor, i changed my opinion... [/B]

A likely story...

post #36 of 42
Quote:
Damn you!!!

This is grammatically correct, although you really only need one exclamation point.
post #37 of 42
I love youse guys. (Not you Neo, I can't stand you.)

What a bunch o' champs.

While I'm here, I'd just like to point out the difference between lose and loose. Nobody's made the mistake in this thread but it occurs soooooo often. And it really bugs me.
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
I love youse guys. (Not you Neo, I can't stand you.)

What a bunch o' champs.

While I'm here, I'd just like to point out the difference between lose and loose. Nobody's made the mistake in this thread but it occurs soooooo often. And it really bugs me.

You need a comma before that subordinating conjunction. The penultimate sentence should read "Nobody's made the mistake in this thread, but it occurs soooooo often."

post #39 of 42
OMG TEH GRAMAR!?!
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #40 of 42
listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show right now

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rush got Google-bombed :(