or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Meet the nice spokes in the digital hub.

Meet the nice spokes in the digital hub.

post #1 of 7
I can't help but think that the iPod was the easiest (and quickest to completion) of the digital hub.

What if among the LCD iMac, G5 at 1.6+, rumors.. that Apple is going to stcick to their promise of becoming a digital hub company.

Wouldn't it be cool to see...

iVid Apple branded DV Camera (made by Canon or Sony)

iPod ( in two price config's)

iNewton (which includes the 5GB HD found in the iPod.

iStore (FireWire 2 / GigaWire hard drives Apple branded)

iSound (Speakers and Midi/USB connection box)

iPhone (Apple branded cell phone with Blue Tooth/ and Newton like PDA interface, can act as a higher speed modem for laptops)

iSurf (Simple web pad thing good fror the refridgerator door, for basic surfing/email running OSX.)

iPrinters - The reintroduction of the Apple Printer line.
iPrinter 100, iPrinter 200, iPrinter 250. Airport capable, USB ready, and Gigawire ready. (based on the Epson inkjet engine)

A Technology Breakthrough in processor speed and another technology breakthrough in MultiProcessing. Allows foir Windows to be ran at the 150% the same speed on a similar Mhz PC.

Now that's beyond the rumor sites.

MSKR

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Masker ]</p>
"Just tell them that Ben Franklin said it, and everyone will believe the sentiment."
"Just tell them that Ben Franklin said it, and everyone will believe the sentiment."
post #2 of 7
Did someone say Newton?
post #3 of 7
I don't know whether to feel if anyone is speculating enough "out of the box" yet, but the digital-hub that I've seen discussed both by apple and these boards feels on the right track.

Doesn't anyone remember this commercial?!?!?!:

<a href="http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/ibook-universe.html" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/ibook-universe.html</A>

Foreshadowing is a great thing - and they even end the spot by showing a MP3 player.

But is that enough to blow us away? There's already a shlew of consumer products like cameras, PDAs, etc. etc. out there. Does adding to the mix do it? I dunno. The comments about those products seamlessly working together might, but it feels bland - I ALREADY expect that from Apple.

I'm seriously hoping that it's going to be even bigger than this -- a true reason for the PC community to consider a switch.... or better yet, maybe even a reason for everyone to own Apple products.

I'd love to have an inexpensive, wireless hub system for your home that I can monitor and control from work

(Woah, where'd that come from?)
post #4 of 7
I've been thinking along those lines also but another nice little idea I thought about is it would be awsome if you could connect the cellphone to the digital camera and send pictures over the web.
post #5 of 7
Masker, that's beyond the rumor sites, but most of it is less than exciting.

BTW, does anyone want to buy a 867Mhz G4 Quicksilver w/OS X Version 10.1.2 with 768MB of RAM? :eek:
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
post #6 of 7
[quote] I've been thinking along those lines also but another nice little idea I thought about is it would be awsome if you could connect the cellphone to the digital camera and send pictures over the web. <hr></blockquote>

i don't think so...that sort of functionality, fun as it would be, removes the mac from the equation. I think that the idea behind the digital hub will always be to bring your various 'media' into the mac to organize/modify/etc. and then back out into everyday life. of course, it'd be fun to be proven wrong!

rr.
post #7 of 7
Um, The FCC today approved the use of high-speed Internet access on Airplanes.

The technology to get the signal to and from a moving target miles in the sky... is easily usable to to get high-speed internet to moving target (or staionary ones) on the ground - especially in rural areas where cable, dsl do not exist.

I remember yet another SJ quote about Internet access from planes, but not from where.... just shows that he knew of it's existence.
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Meet the nice spokes in the digital hub.