or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What happened to Bin Laden?

What happened to Bin Laden?

post #1 of 18
Question, how many mentions of Bin Laden were made during the RNC?
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
Question, how many mentions of Bin Laden were made during the RNC?

bun Laden?
I don't recall any...but if you watched the Daily Show the other night...Jon Stewart did a hilarious piece by stitching together many of the "September 11" checks by a number of RNC speakers.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo
bun Laden?
I don't recall any...but if you watched the Daily Show the other night...Jon Stewart did a hilarious piece by stitching together many of the "September 11" checks by a number of RNC speakers.

'u' is next to 'i' and I can't type. MODS CAN I GET AN I PLEASE?
post #4 of 18
None that I recall. Closest Bush came was when he said that 3/4 of al-Qaeda's leaders had been "detained or killed".

He didn't dwell on the capture of Hussein, either - don't think he directly mentioned it. Maybe there was a theme of the WOT not being about individual men. But then he mentioned SH as being a personal threat plenty of times (who said "SH is himself a weapon of mass destruction"?).

Random thought: That was a funny choice of words, "detained". Like the police picked them up off the golf course for a little questioning. I wondered if he was advised not to use the obvious alternative, "captured", for any POW implication that word has. But he could have just gone with the manly "no longer a threat to us" line.[/random]
post #5 of 18
I thought that was hilarious when Bush went to great lengths to avoid mentioning Osama. See, the show continues and they're hoping the American people as "distracted"( not the "d" word I wanted to use)as they are will forget the:

1- weapons of mass destruction
2- weapons of mass destruction programs
3- weapons of mass destruction related programs
4- weapons of mass destruction related program activities

which is what the Bush admin. would repeat and repeat over and over until it became their mantra.....
Quote:
Are we closer to getting Osama bin Laden? Yes, Joseph Cofer Black, the US State Department co-ordinator for counter-terrorism, was quoted as saying by Dawn and The Nation, two English-language dailies.

Black, who briefed a group of Pakistani journalists after talks with officials yesterday, said he could not predict exactly when bin Laden and other top al-Qaida fugitives would be apprehended.

It could happen tomorrow, could happen a day after, a week from now, or a month from now. The thing is everything is in place. A little bit is needed to localise these people and to catch them, he was reported as saying.

Close to being captured?
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
'u' is next to 'i' and I can't type. MODS CAN I GET AN I PLEASE?

Aye
post #7 of 18
If you ask me we're fixinto produce him in about 6 weeks. I bet he's in a cell somewhere all prepared to come out at the right time.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
If you ask me we're fixinto produce him in about 6 weeks. I bet he's in a cell somewhere all prepared to come out at the right time.

For the first time ever I agree with Common Man!
post #9 of 18
Quote:

That's called " Wishful thinking ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #10 of 18
Quote:

No, No, No, you forget, he's already a CIA employee!!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #11 of 18
Wow MarcUK I know are you as weirded out as I am!?

Common Man why would Bush do that? That is dishonest. That is not what Jesus would do! God talks to Bush every morning so I don't think He would like that either. You better tell God about this right now young man!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic

Common Man why would Bush do that? That is dishonest. That is not what Jesus would do! God talks to Bush every morning so I don't think He would like that either. You better tell God about this right now young man!

You know you just made Pat Robertson's "list" don't you?
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic

Hey, let's mock Christianity! Gee, the left would NEVER mock someone's faith in God.

BTW, what about this link?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Hey, let's mock Christianity! Gee, the left would NEVER mock someone's faith in God.

The poster isn't mocking Christianity at all. He's mocking Common Man by pointing out that this is a dishonest and an unChristian thing to do.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001

Why not? Some from the right twist christianity into an excuse for their own ends.

That's a mockery in itself.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by iPoster
No, No, No, you forget, he's already a CIA employee!!

And Communist trying to pollute out precious bodily fluids...

(Am I the only one who has seen Dr. Strangelove?)
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
And Communist trying to pollute out precious bodily fluids...

(Am I the only one who has seen Dr. Strangelove?)

It's in the fluoride!

" Children's icecream for god's sake Mandrake! Children's icecream! "

post #18 of 18
Quote:

that was rumored a while back. supposedly we have him surrounded and are prepared to get him right before the election
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What happened to Bin Laden?