or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

Who's ordered an iMac, and which one? - Page 2

post #41 of 131
My ship date still shows 9-29-04 - i'm hoping it doesn't change!
post #42 of 131
Mine says on or before 10-12-04 lets hope it changes to sooner!!!!!!
post #43 of 131
Quote:
we shall see what she who must be obeyed says......

Get a divorce and buy yourself the 1.8 G5 with 2 gigs of ram...

You'll be much happier, trust me...

Lemon BOn BOn
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
We do it because Steve Jobs is the supreme defender of the Macintosh faith, someone who led Apple back from the brink of extinction just four years ago. And we do it because his annual keynote is...
post #44 of 131
My ship date was 9/29...but it shipped today (9/14), so expect those initial orders to start arriving in a couple days or so. It only took my iPod two days to ship from Shanghi so....
post #45 of 131
Mine is now in Anchorage. Expecting to see it Thursday.

Thanks Apple.
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
post #46 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by bpmendoza
My ship date still shows 9-29-04 - i'm hoping it doesn't change!

that day is coming soon mendoza...

well, i took the plunge and ordered the base 1.6 combo with bluetooth. i am excited about the upgradeability of this beasty! mine just says 3-4 weeks though (ordered through one-click). will keep y'all posted.
i got a letter from the government the other day i opened and read it it said they were suckers they wanted me for their army or whatever picture me given' a damn I said never here is a land that...
i got a letter from the government the other day i opened and read it it said they were suckers they wanted me for their army or whatever picture me given' a damn I said never here is a land that...
post #47 of 131
I didn't order since I can get some discount for 5 percent something like that for a cash price. I'm located in Hong Kong, which is really close to the manufactour, which is Taiwan as I heard.

But the shop I'm going to buy from tham said the iMac will arrive at least mid-October....

I have the 2 pieces of 512MB RAM ready for my new iMac...

The local Apple office(no official apple store here)got some demo units but not yet have them distribute to the vendors.

Hope it can arrive soon.
------
-Copo-
------
-Copo-
post #48 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Wizard_Drongo
I'm thinking of getting a 1.6 17", if I can. On a student budget and missus wil take some persuading. Was just gonna get an eMac, but for £350 extra i could have a G5 that's twice as fast with a better vid card.....we shall see what she who must be obeyed says......

you should be able to get a good deal on a student budget. My GF enquired about buying one as a student and a 20", 1 gb, bluetooth, airport extreme card, wireless kb and mouse and 3 year apple care came at 400 pounds less than the price for us working people. You cna either call their education hotline or access online for the discount (but you have to do it through your academic insitution).Who says students have it hard
post #49 of 131
I ordered a IMG5 20/1.8/256MB/250GB/SD/BT/WL KBD/MSL on 8/31. Estimated ship date has been 9/29.

Today it has shipped!

The Fed Ex site has an Estimated delivery date of Oct 11, 2004. Ouch!

I have 2GB of ram and stack of Production Suite DVDs staring me down...
post #50 of 131
I ordered mine a minute after the store opened... and promptly went back to bed.

20"
512MB RAM
250GB HD
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth

I already have the BT keyboard and mouse. I also ordered a 512MB RAM chip from Crucial that will be here today.

Ship date was 9/30, but I got an email that it has shipped out this morning. I opted for the faster delivery, but it's coming from Shanghai... hope it's here next week.

I'll be getting the home office ready for her this weekend. I'm even contemplating a move back to the good ol' silver desk.
post #51 of 131
I just ordered a 20" iMac with 512MB RAM, 250GB HD and built-in BT module, mouse and keyboard. I might get an Airport card and airport express later so I'm totally cable free. Well not quite, I wonder how long before we get Firewireless iPod docks

Geez I'm hanging. I used to be a Mac user back in the days (anyone remember System 7?). Now I'm one of the iPod first, iMac next switchbackers... way to go appple 8)

-- Bozonator
post #52 of 131
I ordered a 20" with Airport Extreme, BT keyboard and mouse. I plan on upgrading the memory myself.

I also bought an AE base station so I plan on going nearly wireless (damn that power cord...)
iMac G5 (20"); iPod 5.5G 30GB; MacBook (Black) Core Duo
iMac G5 (20"); iPod 5.5G 30GB; MacBook (Black) Core Duo
post #53 of 131
Alas, my case to the missus as to why I needed to spend well into next years student loan, as opposed to up to december wasn't made well enough. She who says yay or nay, she say nay.
So I got an eMac instead, and it shipped today. Should be here Monday/Tuesday. Still a good machine for a student to use, even though I am doing 3d computer animation.
Maybe I'll sell it next uyear, recoup most of the cash, and buy the new eMac then. Maybe even the new iMac when it hits revision B.
Romani Ite Domum!
Romani Ite Domum!
post #54 of 131
I ordered a 20" with 2GB of RAM, 250GB harddisk and bluetooth! I already got bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and Airport Extreme waiting for it

So yes, you can call it a Maxed out iMac G5
Never Underestimate the Power of
Stupid People in Groups
Never Underestimate the Power of
Stupid People in Groups
post #55 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Brodersen
I ordered a 20" with 2GB of RAM, 250GB harddisk and bluetooth! I already got bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and Airport Extreme waiting for it

So yes, you can call it a Maxed out iMac G5

that's kick ass dude, i want it!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #56 of 131
i ordered the 1.6 with bluetooth keyboard/mouse. i have my airport extreme card i pulled from my emac sitting here and waiting, i have a 512MB strip ready to jump into action. wow, power cord only. cant wait to lose all that clutter i have now you know my emac power cord, and ummm, the keyboard.. and umm oh yeah the mouse. Now my pc on the other hand...

apple canada store says "on or before Oct 14th". feels like a year away
post #57 of 131
Here are pics of my new iMac 20" to tide you folks over until yours arrives!

http://dtibs.home.comcast.net/iMacG5
post #58 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by PBG4 Dude
Here are pics of my new iMac 20" to tide you folks over until yours arrives!

http://dtibs.home.comcast.net/iMacG5

Thanks for the pics, but DUDE! The background color! Seriously. Auugghh!

Do what you will, but harm none.

Do what you will, but harm none.

post #59 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by chris v
Thanks for the pics, but DUDE! The background color! Seriously. Auugghh!

You know what? It wasn't white, which is all I cared about. I just clicked on a random color on the palette. What can I say, I'm a fashion accident.
post #60 of 131
What a great post, PBG4 Dude !

Great pics and narrative ! !

Thanks
post #61 of 131
anybody know how long it takes to get from Shanghai to west coast usa? My new iMac has been in China for 2 whole days Hope it doesn't take the 19 days fedex says for estimated delivery. I haven't been this excited in years. Much better than just going down to the store and picking it up.
post #62 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by dianer
What a great post, PBG4 Dude !

Great pics and narrative ! !

Thanks

No problemo, dianer! I was surfing for all the unwrapping pages I could find while I was waiting for the call from the Apple store.

I will say that 256MB RAM isn't cutting it though. I'm having noticeable slowdowns running more than a couple programs at a time. Heck, Final Cut Express won't even start without at least 384MB RAM (just bought it with the iMac too)! Oh well, I ordered 2GB RAM so that should take care of the RAM issue.
post #63 of 131
Yay! Mine shipped on Saturday!

Any idea on how long?

I got standard shipping and fedex says Oct. 11th!?!?!?!? Thats almost 20 days from now!
post #64 of 131
Yes! the deed is done. After (too many) years of PC-dom I have finally taken the plunge and become and apple convert.
The lovely people at Apple have accepted my credit card and I am now in line for a 20", 1gig with Airport express and BT keyboard and mouse. They are so nice they even threw in a nice HP 5740 printer offer which will cost me 5 pound (after sending back the claim back form that is).
Just not sure about the excited tingly feeling i have in my stomach right now while waiting for it to come (18/10). Is this also part of the Apple package?
post #65 of 131
Finally Finally, just shipped. Now the tracking fun.
post #66 of 131
My iMac (17" 1.8 ghz bt) is sitting in the Phillipines right now, with an estimated delivery date of Oct 13. I live on the east coast, is there any chance of it getting here before the 13th?
post #67 of 131
My iMac is on the truck for delivery! WAAAAHOOOO!

That was quick- it shipped on Saturday, but estimated time of delivery was October 13th...so much for that date.

I'm holding out of my game design assignment to design it on the bigger screen- I went from a 15" PowerBook (sold it on eBay for the iMac) -> a 12" PowerBook (from work) and now to a 17" iMac for design purposes. YES!
post #68 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by tacojohn
My iMac is on the truck for delivery! WAAAAHOOOO!

That was quick- it shipped on Saturday, but estimated time of delivery was October 13th...so much for that date.

I'm holding out of my game design assignment to design it on the bigger screen- I went from a 15" PowerBook (sold it on eBay for the iMac) -> a 12" PowerBook (from work) and now to a 17" iMac for design purposes. YES!

That was fast! Its here and I'm transferring my data via firewire now- waaaaaahoooooo!

The screen looks huge in my dorm room.

God- the graphics card really sucks- I notice huge frame rate drops when I'm transferring my data. jk.
post #69 of 131
Quote:
God- the graphics card really sucks- I notice huge frame rate drops when I'm transferring my data. jk.

Damn, that was quick. I'm still waiting for mine... it's in Calgary though, only a few hours away. Crossing my fingers that it shows up this afternoon.

Post some pics, man!
post #70 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by murbot

Damn, that was quick. I'm still waiting for mine... it's in Calgary though, only a few hours away. Crossing my fingers that it shows up this afternoon.

Post some pics, man!

What one did you get? I got the 17" with 512, 160, bluetooth, airport.

I just transferred all my stuff, but now I'm in class so I can't play until later this afternoon...
post #71 of 131
I got a 20", 512, 250, BT, AE.

My original ship date was 9/30, so actually having it in my hands a day or two before that is nice.
post #72 of 131
Quote:
What one did you get? I got the 17" with 512, 160, bluetooth, airport.

I just transferred all my stuff, but now I'm in class so I can't play until later this afternoon...

Don't you just hate that?!? I set mine up and transferred all the data from my PBG4, then I had to pack it back up into its box so I could disassemble my old desk and assemble the new one! Gah! Nothing like taking my brand new toy and going "Back in the box with ya!".

At least now I'm set up again. Now if my 2x1GB RAM sticks would just arrive.
post #73 of 131
Quote:
I got a 20", 512, 250, BT, AE.

My original ship date was 9/30, so actually having it in my hands a day or two before that is nice.

You are lucky. my original ship date was 9/29 for a 20 inch, 1GB ram (2 Dimm) AE, BT with the wireless keyboard and mouse.
I just received an email today : shipping date delayed to the 9/30. Yes delayed of one day ? I wonder if Apple is joking : sending me an email for one day delay !

I hope you are lucky with your last mac
post #74 of 131
Beautiful computer in an ugly dorm room...

Transferring data over from the PowerBook.
post #75 of 131
Here's mine.

I know, I know... the room needs some serious decorating.
post #76 of 131
Hmm : the wireless mouse and the wireless keyboard look nice. I hope that your hulk will not turn crazy and destroy your last baby
post #77 of 131
Quote:
Here's mine.

I know, I know... the room needs some serious decorating.

Spectacularly uncluttered. Very tasty. Wireless networking too?

How are the iMac speakers by the way? Suitable for music? I use iTunes a lot, but I have some good speakers (Creative iTruige). But the wires, the wires...
post #78 of 131
Actually, I am really impressed with the speakers. I had read a post on another forum where somone said he thought the PowerBook speakers were putting out more sound. The guy is on crack.

They're not going to power your house party, but I think they're great.
post #79 of 131
My iMac is on the delivery truck! Now if only it would get here before I have to leave for class.... I'd consider waiting if I didn't have a test.
post #80 of 131
Quote:
Actually, I am really impressed with the speakers. I had read a post on another forum where somone said he thought the PowerBook speakers were putting out more sound. The guy is on crack.

They're not going to power your house party, but I think they're great.

That guy is nuts then. The iMac's speakers put out way more sound (and like a thousand times more bass) than the PowerBook. I was surprised at the tonal quality of the built-in speakers after hearing people complain about them. I expected tinny little speakers like in the PowerBook.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?