or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GWB: numbers don't lie

GWB: numbers don't lie

post #1 of 28
A very insightful look into Bush's rhetoric and lies.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=557746
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #2 of 28
Good read.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 28
good read.
But I wonder how the author knows the number of minutes GW Bush studied the case of death sentanced people ?
post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
good read.
But I wonder how the author knows the number of minutes GW Bush studied the case of death sentanced people ?

It was reported by Texas papers at the time. He didn't make it a secret, he was proud of it.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #5 of 28
If the Kerry campaign just starts hammering away these numbers, he can win.

In all the smoke and bullshit surrounding the Swift Boat stuff the story that gets lost is that by almost any measure, Bush is an abject failure as president.

He's a failure at the WOT, he's a failure at homeland security, he's a failure at fiscal management, he's a failure at stewardship of the economy, he's a failure at starting and finishing the disastrous war in Iraq, he's a failure at international relations, he's a failure at controlling WMD proliferation, he's a failure at environmental safeguards, he's a failure at improving health care, he's a failure at job creation, and on top of all that, he's a serial liar and dissembler that takes responsibility for nothing.

All he's got is Karl Rove and the Republican habit of amoral viciousness that cares nothing about leadership and the good of America and everything about crushing opponents and winning.

Every defender of this America diminishing administration should be ashamed of themselves. No serious person can look at the tally and not know how much the Bush white house has cost us.
post #6 of 28
He probably thinks "15" is a big number...

(well he would have to take at least one of his shoes and socks off to count that high)

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
It was reported by Texas papers at the time. He didn't make it a secret, he was proud of it.

It's a shame to be proud of this.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
It's a shame to be proud of this.

Tell me about it.
post #9 of 28
This is my favorite block from the whole article:

Quote:

0 Number of times Bush mentioned Osama bin Laden in his three State of the Union addresses.

73 Number of times that Bush mentioned terrorism or terrorists in his three State of the Union addresses.

83 Number of times Bush mentioned Saddam, Iraq, or regime (as in change) in his three State of the Union addresses.

I wonder who Bush was more concerned with...
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
This is my favorite block from the whole article:

I wonder who Bush was more concerned with...

But of course the important thing to remember is that he never specifically said that Saddam was an "imminent threat" and that he never specifically said that Saddam was behind 9/11.

The American people just sorta got that notion on their own.
post #11 of 28
Quote:
But of course the important thing to remember is that he never specifically said that Saddam was an "imminent threat" and that he never specifically said that Saddam was behind 9/11.

The American people just sorta got that notion on their own.

And he went with it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #12 of 28
Quote:

Well if that doesn't raise eyebrows nothing will!

OUT THE DOOR IN 2004!
post #13 of 28
Talking Dubya Figure.

"He lies like a bastard!"
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Talking Dubya Figure.

"He lies like a bastard!"

"The point"
post #15 of 28
Selective leftist reporting. I'm sure the American people are clamoring to read this one.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man
Selective leftist reporting. I'm sure the American people are clamoring to read this one.

Yep.

Once again the president is being hectored by partisan reality.
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Yep.

Once again the president is being hectored by partisan reality.

post #18 of 28
Quote:

Look CM the facts remain no matter where they came from. But you don't want to look at that do you?
post #19 of 28
Quote:

Kind of like a Harper's Index piece.

Thanks for the read.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
Kind of like a Harper's Index piece.

Thanks for the read.

Do you read the rest of Harper's? I just subscribed to it. It's outstanding.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
Do you read the rest of Harper's? I just subscribed to it. It's outstanding.

My dad subscribes to it and it's one of my favorites, next the the New Yorker and the Atlantic.

And of course I read the rest of Harpers ( ), it's just that the piece Faust referenced was much like an Index, and I wanted to note that.
post #22 of 28
Quote:

You do realize the source was The Independent? In case you didn't know, The Independent is a fairly conservative British newspaper...
post #23 of 28
Quote:
You do realize the source was The Independent? In case you didn't know, The Independent is a fairly conservative British newspaper...

But keep in mind, Conservatives in Britain are smarter than Conservatives in the US...
post #24 of 28
Quote:
My dad subscribes to it and it's one of my favorites, next the the New Yorker and the Atlantic.

And of course I read the rest of Harpers ( ), it's just that the piece Faust referenced was much like an Index, and I wanted to note that.

Just curious. Harper's Index used to be the only thing they regularly posted online, along with a few classic articles. Now they have more of a web presence. Anyway-- great to hear. The New Yorker is also a favorite of mine.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
But keep in mind, Conservatives in Britain are smarter than Conservatives in the US...

post #26 of 28
Quote:

If Bush gets reelected despite his record, I'll be inclined to believe that cut grass is smarter than Conservatives in the US.
post #27 of 28
An excellet article about the true-faith Bush followers: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselection...286212,00.html
post #28 of 28
Republicans.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › GWB: numbers don't lie