or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What George Bush really did in Alabama.

What George Bush really did in Alabama.

post #1 of 18
The telling expose' of a pampered child who got a free ride.

Quote:
Linda Allison's story, never before published, contradicts the Bush campaign's assertion that George W. Bush transferred from the Texas Air National Guard to the Alabama National Guard in 1972 because he received an irresistible offer to gain high-level experience on the campaign of Bush family friend Winton "Red". In fact, according to what Allison says her late husband told her, the younger Bush had become a political liability for his father, who was then the United States ambassador to the United Nations, and the family wanted him out of Texas. "I think they wanted someone they trusted to keep an eye on him," Linda Allison said

Source

He lies, he cheats, and kills. No he's not officially a criminal: He's the President.

Enjoy.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #2 of 18
*laughs* hahahaha! *gets serious* holy crap. that's not funny. he's our president...shit.
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
The telling expose' of a pampered child who got a free ride.

Source

He lies, he cheats, and kills. No he's not officially a criminal: He's the President.

Enjoy.

Oh look, Salon.com. Weren't you just talking about "outrageous slander" in another thread?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
Oh look, Salon.com. Weren't you just talking about "outrageous slander" in another thread?

Too late. The standard has been set by Bush's assassins.

You don't think Bush's past has plenty of steaming shit just aching to be exhumed? All it takes is a committed, pissed off Democratic party to start to push and push and get the talking heads talking and the books coming and we'll see who has the uglier skeletons in their closet.

Bush is a drunk and a coke head and a deserter.

It's your world. We're just going to revel in it.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #5 of 18
Quote:

And, please tell us, how many times you've posted The Wall Street Journal Opinion as a primary source? The difference between the WSJ and this is the Salon article is 'actually' a primary source, not an opinion. It is a journalistic piece based on an interview of someone who knew GWB back then. It is not a thirdhand interpretation of events. It is a second hand telling which includes many quotes from the firsthand source.

Like this:
Quote:
Allison's account corroborates a Washington Post investigation in February that found no credible witnesses to the service in the Alabama National Guard that Bush maintains he performed, despite a lack of documentary evidence. Asked if she'd ever seen Bush in a uniform, Allison said: "Good lord, no. I had no idea that the National Guard was involved in his life in any way." Allison also confirmed previously published accounts that Bush often showed up in the Blount campaign offices around noon, boasting about how much alcohol he had consumed the night before.
post #6 of 18
Quote:

But it's not what Salon says. It's what an old time Republican says that's important. How can you refute that? Sure, only a liberal publication would print it, but it's her words. You can't blame them on anyone else.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #7 of 18
OMFG I'm not voting for Bush now.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
OMFG I'm not voting for Bush now.

Sarcasm aside, Scott, you would vote for George Bush if he made a national address explaining that Jewish people used the blood of babies to make matzos, using the severed hand of your mother to point at symbols on his wallchart.
post #9 of 18
I want proof Kerry completed his guard service.

Kerry went off active duty on January 3, 1970. He was put on standby reserve on 1 July 1972. He was finally discharged from the Navy on February 16, 1978.

Do we have any proof, from 1970 to 1972 that Kerry honored his reserve commitment?

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #10 of 18
It doesn't matter what Bush did during his youth. He could have done anything at all, really. As long as he found Jesus and repented his earlier days, it's seen as some kind of virtue in middle America.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
I want proof Kerry completed his guard service.

Kerry went off active duty on January 3, 1970. He was put on standby reserve on 1 July 1972. He was finally discharged from the Navy on February 16, 1978.

Do we have any proof, from 1970 to 1972 that Kerry honored his reserve commitment?

Nick

This is just stupid!!!
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
This is just stupid!!!

Why? He left active duty for reserve duty. What is wrong is asking if he honored that commitment?

Nick

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ
It doesn't matter what Bush did during his youth. He could have done anything at all, really. As long as he found Jesus and repented his earlier days, it's seen as some kind of virtue in middle America.

You mean backwards America.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Why? He left active duty for reserve duty. What is wrong is asking if he honored that commitment?

Nick

I'll answer this in a couple of days because I'd like to give you time to research this yourself.

A couple of questions you can look into (in know when you find the answers my response will be abundantly clear):

What is the definition of "standby reserve"?

What happens to a service member when they leave "active duty"?

What is the minimum service requirement for all military members?

What is the minimum service requirement of military officers?

I googled these myself to see if the answers where easily available--they are. If you'd like, you could ask a military recruiter how it works. Give'm a call and ask about the eight year thing, and when in the service when does one get their DD214.

The answers are readily available if you take the time to look. The stuff you posted was gibberish to say the least.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ

Would that virtue be forgiveness? FSCKING religious zealots!
post #16 of 18
Quote:

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilse...of_Service.pdf

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilse...ctive_Duty.pdf

Sorry Nick, you lose. Will you have the courage to come back and admit that you've seen the proof you've requested?
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilse...of_Service.pdf

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilse...ctive_Duty.pdf

Sorry Nick, you lose. Will you have the courage to come back and admit that you've seen the proof you've requested?

Sure I already did in the other thread.

Nick

post #18 of 18
More news about Bush's lost military records.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What George Bush really did in Alabama.