or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › protester kicked while on ground

protester kicked while on ground

post #1 of 46
An ABC new camera happened to catch this (not dial-up friendly) while filming a protester on the floor of the Republican convention being "subdued" by security.

A nice young boy rips the sign from her hands, helps pull her to the ground, and then kicks her while she is being held by security.

It was egregious enough that the reporter confronted him:

Quote:
Reporter: We actually have you on camera kicking one of the protesters.

Young Republican: ...

Reporter: Did you kick one of the protesters?

Young Republican: I...don't...believe so. I dunno.

Reporter: We have you on camera kicking one.

Young Republican: Hmmm.

The thug quotient of the right just seems to keep climbing. I guess being on a mission from God will do that to you.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #2 of 46
He must have been listening to Al Franken on AirAmerica again. That guy is such a bad influence.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
He must have been listening to Al Franken on AirAmerica again. That guy is such a bad influence.

Nick

That was proved to be false and you know that. That means you're spreading more lies. It's not nice Nick.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #4 of 46
Quote:

Nick

Yeah. Because Al Franken is in the habit of kicking woman on the ground
post #5 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
An ABC new camera happened to catch this (not dial-up friendly) while filming a protester on the floor of the Republican convention being "subdued" by security.

A nice young boy rips the sign from her hands, helps pull her to the ground, and then kicks her while she is being held by security.

It was egregious enough that the reporter confronted him:

The thug quotient of the right just seems to keep climbing. I guess being on a mission from God will do that to you.

Must only have been a Young Republican. Full ChickenHawk status requires Jackboots.

He's just helping put the "Compassionate" in Conservatism. \
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #6 of 46
And don't go saying she deserved to be singled out for it...
you'll set trumpt off on his hobby-horse about women not getting special treatment...
where were the white men getting kicked... it's a liberal amazon scholarship/entitlement plot!
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
That was proved to be false and you know that. That means you're spreading more lies. It's not nice Nick.

It wasn't proven wrong. It was proven "justified" by those here who didn't like the LaRouche protesters infiltrating and screaming in the middle of the Democratic speeches during the primary season.

I'll leave you with an Al Franken quote to justify it.

Quote:
Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. "I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally," he said.

"I'm neutral in this race but I'm for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down."

Now, conveniently, the guy's response isn't included. However I would say that if it is assault, let him be charged or at a minimum treated the same way Franken was in this manner.

Nick

post #8 of 46
she deserved it IMO, i mean...take a look at what the sign says...signbig.jpg
BTW, this is a screenshot of my screen...because i did the zooming in and the searching for the frame in which the sign can be clarly seen...

okay, back to the subject...from what i can see in this frame, the first word is "BUSH", and the last one is "LIAR."
I think that what had happened to this lady is fair, because it's her fault that she chose to behave in this un-American way...

i mean...she is against our President, and calling him a liar....saying that he lied about weapons of mass destructon and the Al Quaeda to get us into the war in Iraq, but...
the mustard gas in Iraq....still a liar?
...and after the arrest of the two people connected to a terrorist group in Iraq (that is connected to Al Quaeda) that had allegedly helped an undercover officer obtain a grenade launcher...still a liar???

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!
http://www.find-a-drug.org/

---------------------------------
God created Adam and Eve, He didnt create Adam and Steve
-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #9 of 46
Not sure how to break it to you Neø...

Criticism of a Leader Named George (also without a popular vote mandate) is part of what defined America.
You should read some history before you start drinking the 'unamerican' koolaid.

And if you think peacefully waving a sign that disagrees with your position provides some kind of carté blanché for personal assault, you need to tuck your brown shirt in.
post #10 of 46
Sheesh.

You've one ugly soul, Neo.

Unthinking, cruel, and violent.

I never thought I'd say this, but the church would be a good influence on you.
post #11 of 46
says in a Teresa Heins voice: Shove it!

---------------------------------------------

okay, sorry, i just wanted to have some fun at democrats' expense...and since i said "un-American," i thought that it was also the right time to say "Shove It!"

-Neø
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #12 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
BTW, this is a screenshot of my screen...because i did the zooming in and the searching for the frame in which the sign can be clarly seen...

okay, back to the subject...from what i can see in this frame, the first word is "BUSH", and the last one is "LIAR."
I think that what had happened to this lady is fair, because it's her fault that she chose to behave in this un-American way...

i mean...she is against our President, and calling him a liar....saying that he lied about weapons of mass destructon and the Al Quaeda to get us into the war in Iraq, but...
...and after the arrest of the two people connected to a terrorist group in Iraq (that is connected to Al Quaeda) that had allegedly helped an undercover officer obtain a grenade launcher...still a liar???

-Neø the dittohead

FemNazi
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #13 of 46
Quote:

Nick

Bad taste Nick! You're really starting to slip.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø

-Neø the dittohead

It doesn't matter what the sign says! There is NO excuse for this treatment!
post #15 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
says in a Teresa Heins voice: Shove it!

---------------------------------------------

okay, sorry, i just wanted to have some fun at democrats' expense...and since i said "un-American," i thought that it was also the right time to say "Shove It!"

-Neø

This country stands for freedom of speach! Everything you've said is unamerican.

Do us all a favor and please work on growing up!
post #16 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrong Robot
FemNazi

dude, i'm pro life (anti-abortion)

-Neø
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #17 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
i'm pro life

I think all babies should be slaughtered.
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø

After all, if you lie twice, and tell the truth once, you're not a liar.

Right?
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
dude, i'm pro life (anti-abortion)

-Neø

you're also pro kicking people while they are down because they disagree with our current leader.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø

-Neø the dittohead

A little thing I like to call the Bill Of Rights.

Read it some time.

[edit] converted BOR to a link instead of a huge image to speed this thread up.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #21 of 46
But the bill of rights is so outdated. Obviously it doesn't apply to the modern world we live in.
post #22 of 46
Does that also include the right to assemble peacefully?

Anyway I was all set to see some conventioneer kick some woman when she was down. I'm not sure what I saw there. I saw a leg move, I think, I don't know what it hit. Maybe air?
post #23 of 46
trolling was fun, but i'm not gonna do it anymore
--------------------------

the woman probably said something offensive to the dude that kicked her

-Neø the dittohead
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
Crunch for the Cure!

-Rep. Roscoe Bartlett
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Does that also include the right to assemble peacefully?

I don't know what you mean by this. The infiltrators were loud yet peaceful where they not?
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by faust9
I don't know what you mean by this. The infiltrators were loud yet peaceful where they not?

One could argue that making that much noise is disturbing the peace.

Plus they were trespassing as well as disrupting a legal meeting of a political party. Not very democratic!
post #26 of 46
The guy is just a dick. This has nothing to do with politics. The guy is just a dick.
post #27 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
One could argue that making that much noise is disturbing the peace.

Plus they were trespassing as well as disrupting a legal meeting of a political party. Not very democratic!

You mean they didn't sign the allegience/loyalty permit?

Didn't all New Yorkers have to sign it or risk arrest for public displays of opinion other than the party line? If only everybody had to swear fealty to the great leader... now what's the word for that?
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
This country stands for freedom of speech! Everything you've said is unAmerican.

Is this unintentionally ironic?

(Not taking sides, just wondering...)

There is no "unAmerican" speech, even small doses of sedition and conspiracy can be argued to be forms of protected speech (although people are busted for it all the time even pre-Bush/Ashcroft/9-11.)
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Beige_G3
The guy is just a dick. This has nothing to do with politics. The guy is just a dick.

He looks like a Jew too.

Now we're in the spirit of this thread!
I can change my sig again!
post #30 of 46
Sorry. I went a tad overboard there. Just curious.....where did the Jew comment come from?
post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø

-Neø the dickhead

always figured you were a NeoNazi

Hey, maybe you can make everyone who doesn't toe the party line wear a sign or something, so they can be easily singled out for more "fair" treatment such as this.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Beige_G3
Sorry. I went a tad overboard there. Just curious.....where did the Jew comment come from?

Did you say sorry due to thinking Eugene is a moderator? LMAO...

And his "jew comment" is sardonic. An under-appreciated artform nowadays. Meaning he's speaking mockingly, ostensibly in the tone of his opponent, to make the opponent look worse.
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
You mean they didn't sign the allegience/loyalty permit?

Didn't all New Yorkers have to sign it or risk arrest for public displays of opinion other than the party line? If only everybody had to swear fealty to the great leader... now what's the word for that?

Yea that's exactly what I'm trying to say. I mean it's not like MSG was rented out for a specific event for those invited to it and other that want to express another opinion have the whole rest of the city to do it in.

You're making a whole lot of sense curiousuburb
post #34 of 46
During the DNC here in Boston, demonstrators (of whatever background but presumably not Republican anyway) fought and beat a man that had pro-life signs (however repugnant or volatile the signs or words might have been).

It isn't as if there aren't violent individuals from all parties/ideologies, at least here in the States. (Strangely though, pacifists do seem the most violent and "free speech advocates" do seem to do the most STFU'ing.)

Instances of violence cannot reasonably be spun up to equate an entire party with such behavior, that's dishonest and ultimately self-defeating once an instance of violence by your fellows is used against your own party.

But things are so partisan here now, that you MUST be loyal to side X or ELSE. This includes Democrats and anarchists and 3rd parties etc.

We are a 3rd world country now, not for our leaders but for our behavior and intolerance and bigoted collectivism.
post #35 of 46
post #36 of 46
dp
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
During the DNC here in Boston, demonstrators (of whatever background but presumably not Republican anyway) fought and beat a man that had pro-life signs (however repugnant or volatile the signs or words might have been).

And this was on the Boston Common no less...

Pardon the self-reply, just salvaging my double post.
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
Did you say sorry due to thinking Eugene is a moderator? LMAO...

And his "jew comment" is sardonic. An under-appreciated artform nowadays. Meaning he's speaking mockingly, ostensibly in the tone of his opponent, to make the opponent look worse.

I'm definitely not a moderator, though I may smell like one. Opponent? Everybody in this thread is my opponent.

Quote:
Originally posted by Existence
http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2004_...51325217047800

Yup, jewish.

My Jewy-sense is tingling! Who knows if it's actually Schlessinger's son, but I can spot a Jewfro from at least 500 yards.
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
I'm definitely not a moderator, though I may smell like one. Opponent? Everybody in this thread is my opponent.

My Jewy-sense is tingling! Who knows if it's actually Schlessinger's son, but I can spot a Jewfro from at least 500 yards.

I actually mean opponent as in "one's opponent" more than yours specifically, but I know I didn't type it that way.

And a Jewish friend (Harry Gold) called them Kofro's, I think that sounds much funnier.

(Kosher Afro)
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by Neø
trolling was fun, but i'm not gonna do it anymore
--------------------------

the woman probably said something offensive to the dude that kicked her

-Neø the dittohead

Thanks for stop trolling.

Strange that a woman or at least a young ladie can make such statements, like this. It implies that whenever a woman is kicked, harmed, there was a good reason to do so.
Obviously you are advocating violence against women
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › protester kicked while on ground