or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › protester kicked while on ground

protester kicked while on ground - Page 2

post #41 of 46
The irony is most of you would have no qualms about kicking Neø in real life, I am positive. She can get you that tweaked. You can't deny that with a straight face.

Everyone has their limits and sex is hardly a deterrent to violence in reality (as opposed to on the web forum where you can piously tut-tut such behavior.)

Let's not pretend women can't be instigators or violent in reality. (Not that the one in the RNC video was, don't distort me). No one can truly say what they'd do in a situation where the woman is belligerent and violent first.

"Not hitting women" but yet "hitting men is ok" seems dishonest to me. If you're truly against violence it is regardless of sex.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #42 of 46
My problem with it is that the woman was detained and in the process of being subdued. The kid simply gets carried away and kicks her. Notice, too, that as soon as he kicks her, he's shoved away by one of the security people.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
The irony is most of you would have no qualms about kicking Neø in real life, I am positive. She can get you that tweaked. You can't deny that with a straight face.

Everyone has their limits and sex is hardly a deterrent to violence in reality (as opposed to on the web forum where you can piously tut-tut such behavior.)

Let's not pretend women can't be instigators or violent in reality. (Not that the one in the RNC video was, don't distort me). No one can truly say what they'd do in a situation where the woman is belligerent and violent first.

"Not hitting women" but yet "hitting men is ok" seems dishonest to me. If you're truly against violence it is regardless of sex.

I would not kick neo on the ground. I've never kicked anyone on the ground in my life, even people I have been very, very angry at. I actually have no idea what you are talking about, and have to assume you are projecting.

Whether or not women can be instigators of violence has nothing to do with this thread.

I'm not seeing where people are arguing that hitting men is OK. Moreover, as Midwinter has pointed out, this is a pretty particular situation, that features an already subdued, non-violent protester at a major political event getting kicked while she is being held by security.

Talking about violence in general, or the relationship of the sexes, or people you have seen get beat up does not speak to this.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq

It's an offending post. I never kicked anybody man or woman in real life, and I think it's the case for most posters here. I don't even hit the ban button or threaten Neo to do it. I just pointed it out the implications of her post.
post #45 of 46
I high-kicked a kid in the jaw in 5th grade. He was smaller, but acted like a bully all the time. Bloody jaw for him, principal's office for me. It was a good trade.
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #46 of 46
I got the sarcasm johnq, It just seemed a bit whack.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › protester kicked while on ground