or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is this a war?

Is this a war?

post #1 of 31
More American marines killed today in Iraq,

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

It is time to admit we are in the middle of a real war and fight accordingly. We need to be relentless in our persuit of the enemy. These are not a few terrorits or regime loyalists. This is a large scale organized military attack against the American forces. We must counter this attack with strength and determination. We must return to large scale bombing and extensive use of heavy artillary. Bush has given in the the left and he is afraid to do what needs to be done. We must admit we have not finished the job so that we can focus on finishing it. I wish Rumsfeld was running for President.
"A more sensitive and caring Common man for 2005"
post #2 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Man

It is time to admit we are in the middle of a real war and fight accordingly. We need to be relentless in our persuit of the enemy. These are not a few terrorits or regime loyalists. This is a large scale organized military attack against the American forces. We must counter this attack with strength and determination. We must return to large scale bombing and extensive use of heavy artillary. Bush has given in the the left and he is afraid to do what needs to be done. We must admit we have not finished the job so that we can focus on finishing it. I wish Rumsfeld was running for President.

We, we, we.. unless you signed up for military service, speaking of We means shit...
post #3 of 31
Quote:

Yes! One " we " started!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #4 of 31
No, no, no... didn't you see the sign? Iraq was Mission Accomplished.
The Prez said so in front of a big sign spelling out their view of the result.

Don't criticize or you'll be tagged as unpatriotic. Stop dwelling on the negative.

Pay no attention to those men behind the curtain!
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #5 of 31
Damn those Iraqi bastards.

If they can't figure out how great there new found freedom is, it's time to bomb 'em back to the stone age®
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #6 of 31
And if you think the post-war troop levels are inadequate to 'pacify' things,
I'd be cautious about championing Rummy as your savior on this issue.

Rumsfeld and his Chickenhawk buddies were the ones who publicly ridiculed Generals Abizaid and Shinsecki for their 'soft/liberal/wuss' view that as many as 500,000 troops might be more than adequate to have ensured security and avoid looting in the first place.

Clearly the wisdom of Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld to run a skeleton crew operation has saved the US both lives and money without the quagmire that a more coherent initial presence would have ensured. Why blow the budget on regular army with pesky benefits when you can backdoor draft reservists and shave bucks on VA care at the same time. Rummy's penny pinching has proved a stunning strategy so far.

Oh wait. \
post #7 of 31
Common Man's never going to reply to his own thread, I can tell.

Just look at those thoughtful brows, furrowed with love for his country...
post #8 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
Common Man's never going to reply to his own thread, I can tell.

Just look at those thoughtful brows, furrowed with love for his country...

I could grow vegetables in those furrows.

In fact, I think there is a vegetable or two in those furrows.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #9 of 31
Quote:
We must counter this attack with strength and determination. We must return to large scale bombing and extensive use of heavy artillary. Bush has given in the the left and he is afraid to do what needs to be done. We must admit we have not finished the job so that we can focus on finishing it. I wish Rumsfeld was running for President.

Ok....come on guys, who's the joker?

If you're a real person and not someone's attempt at humor ....I hope you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to go serve your country.

Otherwise you're just gonna be a little worthless coward who talks a good game as long as others do the dirty deadly work.
Quote:
0 Number of minutes that President Bush, Vice-President Dick Cheney, the Defense Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, the assistant Defense Secretary, Paul Wolfowitz, the former chairman of the Defense Policy Board, Richard Perle, and the White House Chief of Staff, Karl Rove - the main proponents of the war in Iraq -served in combat (combined)

post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
Ok....come on guys, who's the joker?

If you're a real person and not someone's attempt at humor ....I hope you put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to go serve your country.

Otherwise you're just gonna be a little worthless coward who talks a good game as long as others do the dirty deadly work. .

Just like all the other pathetic armchair generals supporting Bush on this forum.
post #11 of 31
Stop responding to commonman.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
In fact, I think there is a vegetable or two in those furrows.

No...there's only one vegetable in that photo...and it's between his ears...
post #13 of 31
Why is common man calling for a draft? Why does he hate america?
post #14 of 31
Of course I came back to the thread. I was out at a BBQ all afternoon until now. I was worked up when I made this thread. We talked about these latest killings after Church and people were mad. America has two choices. We either do what it takes to win this war or we come home now. Of course we can't come home or it will really ego crazy over there. So we have to fight to win. How long can we play these games over there? The way we are going we will never accomplish anything. The American people have to accept that war is harsh and ugly. The President has lost his guts because of the election.
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Of course I came back to the thread. I was out at a BBQ all afternoon until now. I was worked up when I made this thread. We talked about these latest killings after Church and people were mad. America has two choices. We either do what it takes to win this war or we come home now. Of course we can't come home or it will really ego crazy over there. So we have to fight to win. How long can we play these games over there? The way we are going we will never accomplish anything. The American people have to accept that war is harsh and ugly. The President has lost his guts because of the election.

Riddle me this killer: "Who (as in what nationality) are we fighting in Iraq?"
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #16 of 31
Quote:

War is harsh and ugly, and that's why we shouldn't of started this war in the first place.
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
No, no, no... didn't you see the sign? Iraq was Mission Accomplished.

I took that to mean that the ship's mission was accomplished. But I wont let that get in the was of some good anti-Bush spin.
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I took that to mean that the ship's mission was accomplished. But I wont let that get in the was of some good anti-Bush spin.

Bullshit!!! I'm throwing the bullshit flag here scott. You thought the ships mission was accomplished--right. Bullshit.
post #19 of 31
Quote:

Why let historical fact get in the way of a good fantasy construct.
It must be the aircraft version of a welcome mat... that's it... couldn't be stage-managed PR.
post #20 of 31
Quote:
I took that to mean that the ship's mission was accomplished.

LMAO LMAO

Of course Scott. No doubt that's what it was.

Priceless.
post #21 of 31
Yeah, the ship moved on to its next mission - on a River In Egypt.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker

LMFAO.
post #23 of 31
Quote:
America has two choices. We either do what it takes to win this war or we come home now. Of course we can't come home or it will really ego crazy over there.

Q: My goodness... how did we get into such a mess?
A: George W. Bush and his administration either lied or were ridiculously (to the point of negligence) misinformed.

Regime change where it counts!
post #24 of 31
Quote:
America has two choices. We either do what it takes to win this war or we come home now.

Part of the problem has been the false dichotomies you've presented yourselves with...
with us or with the terrorists... black or white... one extreme or the other.

Most of the rest of the world has spent the last few years pleading for shades of gray if not the full spectrum of colour opinion that nuance brings. This administration has demonized depth and subtlety in favour of 'strong leadership black/white absolutism'. And you wonder why this all or nothing attitude has painted you into corners.

Quote:
Of course we can't come home or it will really ego crazy over there. So we have to fight to win.

Ego crazy seems a lot of the real reason you're there in the first place.

As for fighting to win... \
Those idiots... nobody told them to fight to win !?! WTFBBQ? Who's in Charge !
Oh.
post #25 of 31
Quote:
I took that to mean that the ship's mission was accomplished.

Any other conservatives around here willing to support a lie like this?
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
Any other conservatives around here willing to support a lie like this?

No. That's why the Bush administration lied about who hung the banner as soon as it started to bite them in the ass.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #27 of 31
Quote:

Utterly beneath contempt.
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Utterly beneath contempt.

Huh?
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Huh?

I said 'utterly beneath contempt'.

George Bush steps off a an aeroplane in a flight suit, stands beneath a banner that says 'Mission Accomplished', declares 'major combat operation' to be concluded and you say that the banner applies to the AIRCRAFT CARRIER?

Utterly, utterly beneath contempt.
post #30 of 31
Still, you have to admit that it is better spin than 'we didn't hang the banner.' Rove must be kicking himself he didn't think of that one...
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker

It took me a second read over to get that...but it was worth it.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is this a war?