or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Buck stops at . . . its the 'Lawyer's fault'!

The Buck stops at . . . its the 'Lawyer's fault'!

post #1 of 7
Bush is now blaming the sluggish economy on trail lawyers!?!?!?!

HERE

How can this guy be such a blatant fabulator and still get even one forth of the votes that he has?!

He tries to kill two birds . . . pass the buck and slander lawyers and Edwards too.

Quote:
Bush, [ . . . ] said "junk lawsuits" hinder job creation and cost the economy more than $230 billion a year.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #2 of 7
Quote:
"W stands for wrong the wrong direction for America."

Couldn't ABC get the quote right, at least?

"Wrong the wrong?"

Stick a semicolon or period or comma in there-- whatever. The forcefulness of the quote is just ruined.
post #3 of 7
Like those eevil class action suits against campaign-contributing CEO friends like Ken Lay.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #4 of 7
Teflon president.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #5 of 7
It started at the convention. It started subtly. A casual jab at trial lawyers. Then a more direct jab at trial lawyers and blaming them for rising medical costs.

Watch. Wait. Learn.

Within a week or two you will see them slowly connect the "trial laywers" dots to "John Edwards"...

Trial Lawyers = arbitrate cases against insurance companies = root cause of economic trouble = anti-american evidoers = John Edwards will destroy our nation.

I noticed it starting with Dick "Go F*ck Yerself" Cheney's convention speech. It was quickly repeated by Bush the next day. It now is a standard part of his stump speech. They're very good at innuendo and quasi-slander.

Very good.

Starting probably late this week or early next week the rabid babbleheads for the GOP will start yapping about how trial lawyers have destroyed the very fabric of our nation and that the bonds of family (or some silly inference) are at the crossroads during this election.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #6 of 7
Incidentally, Bush's hand-picked Senate candidate in Florida, Mel Martinez, is a trial lawyer.
post #7 of 7
I think it has been everything but subtle!

They were outright blaming lawsuits on everything and anything!!
it'll just get worse from here . . . hpefully ordiary lawyers, or teh 4 of 6 (I think it was) trial Lawyers who are Republican will wise up to the shiite!
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Buck stops at . . . its the 'Lawyer's fault'!