or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Clinton: Conservative Hypocrisy

Clinton: Conservative Hypocrisy

post #1 of 12
Remember all that mock outrage over Ronald Reagan and his health. Remember how anything resembling criticism of Reagan's presidency was considered ill-mannered and beyond reproach? Remember?

"Hell was full": Right-wing radio on President Clinton's heart surgery

Right-wing radio hosts Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and Mark Simone served up commentary on former President Bill Clinton's recent heart surgery. Limbaugh said that Clinton opted for quadruple rather than triple bypass heart surgery to increase his sympathy ratings; Savage said that Clinton would fully recover because "hell was full"; and Simone claimed that since the Clintons "don't want him [Kerry] to win," Clinton's surgery "works out perfectly."

From the September 7 edition of The Rush Limbaugh Show:

Quote:
LIMBAUGH: I understand it was gonna be a triple bypass, but then Clinton figured out his sympathy rating would go up to 87 percent with a quadruple. So [laughter] -- bada-bump-buh. [laughter]

From the September 7 edition of Savage Nation:

Quote:
[sizze=2]SAVAGE: We heard, of course, that hell was full and therefore Mr. Clinton will be with us for a while longer -- but we wish him the best nevertheless. But what's the sanctity all of a sudden? All of a sudden everyone loves Bill Clinton. He reinvented himself.

And suddenly everything he did to America's been forgotten by George [W.] Bush, and everyone else. I seem to remember what he did to America. What's he all of a sudden -- hushed tones about Bill Clinton. I think he was the worst skunk that ever invaded the White House, to be honest with you. I think he was pure evil. The man was like a Caesar of ancient years. A Caesar, the man was a Caesar. He seized America, and almost destroyed the country -- weakened us, degenerated us, and made us open to this attack by Al Qaeda because they figured we were all like him.

I don't wanna go through the whole litany. So what, I'm supposed to sit here because he's a former president and go, "We wish him well" -- why? Why? Tell me why. Tell me why. Anyone got an answer to that one?[/size]

Mark Simone, WABC radio host and co-host of NY1's What a Week, substitute hosting on the September 6 edition of WABC's Mark Levin Show:

Quote:
SIMONE: Bill Clinton had his operation today. He's fine. Everything went well. It was routine. Doctors say he'll be in the hospital for the rest of the week, and it looks like there's no way he'll be able to campaign for at least four weeks and probably a little longer, remember there's only seven, eight weeks left. So four, five weeks from now he'll be able to, you know, get out of the house and start doing stuff, but he won't be to really get back into action, so, and you know that Clinton, both Bill and Hillary Clinton, have to make sure John Kerry loses. They don't want this guy to win. If Kerry wins, it screws up Hillary's plans for '08. She wouldn't be able to run until 2012, so they want him to lose, and if you go back and study the campaign, there were a few moments here and there where Bill or Hillary did something to mess up John Kerry. There's a few of these episodes. And I'm not saying they staged the heart problem, but it just works out perfectly that now they don't have to do anything for him [Kerry] for at least a month -- at the end of that month, he can be 15 points behind.

Hypocrits! All of them!

MM
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 12
this is the best part:
Quote:
SAVAGE: And suddenly everything he did to America's been forgotten by George [W.] Bush, and everyone else. I seem to remember what he did to America. What's he all of a sudden -- hushed tones about Bill Clinton. I think he was the worst skunk that ever invaded the White House, to be honest with you. I think he was pure evil. The man was like a Caesar of ancient years. A Caesar, the man was a Caesar. He seized America, and almost destroyed the country -- weakened us, degenerated us, and made us open to this attack by Al Qaeda because they figured we were all like him.

I don't wanna go through the whole litany. So what, I'm supposed to sit here because he's a former president and go, "We wish him well" -- why? Why? Tell me why. Tell me why. Anyone got an answer to that one?

What he did for America?
like a great economy and respect around the world?

Then he calls him 'pure evil' . . . how does he get a pass? why do people listen to this shit?
Then he goes on to call him a Ceasar and shows that he doesn't know a damn thing about ancient history.

What a pathetic miserable man . . full of lies and hate and self-perpetuating misperceptions. . . .

It makes me sad to see decent people allign themselves even remotely with his likes . . . or to see them persuaded by the ambient perspective they perpetuate . . . double:
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #3 of 12
Please, for once people could you just please say "those comments are as wrong and inexcusable as I <scott, sdw, whomever> thought the comments concerning Reagen were."

Please show you guys have one shred of honesty in you.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #4 of 12
but the Limbaugh joke was kind funny actually . . . \
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
but the Limbaugh joke was kind funny actually . . . \

I'm not saying it wasn't. I'm saying that the same outrage showed on behalf of Reagen should be equally applied to Clinton. Some alzheimer's joke would have got Scott et al outraged. Thus they should equally condemn this bypass joke.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
this is the best part: What he did for America?
like a great economy and respect around the world?

What do you mean? We're just getting out of the Clinton/9-11 recession right now.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
What do you mean? We're just getting out of the Clinton/9-11 recession right now.

So, Bush has had nearly four years at this point to make things better, but that's not enough to offset the Clinton years? Bush isn't at fault, it's all Clinton's fault?

Good thing the Republican Party is the Party of Personal Responsibility&trade;, huh?
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #8 of 12
Quote:

And uh, what alternate universe are you from?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #9 of 12
Quote:

You mean the Bush/9-11 recession.....right?

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
Hypocrits! All of them!

MM [/B]

You only just realized that?

Yawn....
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by iPoster
You only just realized that?

Yawn....

So I take it that you prefer to let Ed Gillespie and his merry Kool-aid talking head muppets constantly shape the debate about presidential respect go unchecked? I mean, they're hypocrits right? We all know that. So why bother challenging them, right? Why bother shoving their own hubris and hypocrisy in their faces? Let's go ahead and let them spew the bile on every talk radio show, every news program, fill the national airways with their "moral" agenda. Right? The left shoudn't respond. The left shouldn't get outraged by the double-standard. The left should just do what it's always done...roll over and play dead.

I guess that's why Republicans control the White House, the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court. Because we "yawned".

It's precisely this indifference that the left and Democrats have no balls!
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
I guess that's why Republicans control the White House, the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court. Because we "yawned".

It's precisely this indifference that the left and Democrats have no balls!

While I like your opinion, I'm not a Democrat! (or a Republican)
I meant yawn towards political radio talk hosts in general, conservative or liberal.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Clinton: Conservative Hypocrisy