or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › www.picsel.com Apple PDA WTH is that?

www.picsel.com Apple PDA WTH is that?

post #1 of 12
Okay, I searched the threads for picsel and it didn't find anything so I just wanted to point out the "what-the-hell-is-that?!?!" image on the picsel homepage.

<a href="http://www.picsel.com" target="_blank">www.picsel.com</a>

Is that a teaser image or what?

MSKR

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Masker ]</p>
"Just tell them that Ben Franklin said it, and everyone will believe the sentiment."
"Just tell them that Ben Franklin said it, and everyone will believe the sentiment."
post #2 of 12
wow. I could have sworn that I have seen that image before, though. Isnt that a mockup PDA from AI boards???

I wonder if royalties are being paid???

Doesn anyone know if that is in fact a mockup from right here?
post #3 of 12
I've seen a mockup that looks very similar to the "phone" on the left, but not the one on the upper-right.

However, I suspect that the picture is more of a "what if" concept drawing, as I would be VERY shocked if Apple came out with something with a big graphite Apple on it, as they're shifting color schemes to a more "white" approach.

The highlight is also way off, which makes it look like it was just cut from another Apple product shot.

Alex
post #4 of 12
oooh, they're in trouble...
post #5 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by AppleCello:
<strong>wow. I could have sworn that I have seen that image before, though. Isnt that a mockup PDA from AI boards???

I wonder if royalties are being paid???

Doesn anyone know if that is in fact a mockup from right here?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is indeed a mockup from right here. It went around the Mac web and was even posted on several PDA rumor sites a long time ago. It's a very distinct mockup of different Mac parts with Palm buttons and screen pasted on.
post #6 of 12
I remember I had seen it

If you look the sadowns in the two photos, they are the same. It's not true
Think Monty
Think Python
Think?
Think Monty
Think Python
Think?
post #7 of 12
i went back to the picsel web site and the image with the apple logo has been removed. this shit's getting funnier by the minute.

-rws
post #8 of 12
it's hideous, too.
post #9 of 12
I doubt Apple would make a phone that you have to hold up to a mirror to read ;o)
post #10 of 12
the phone that is there is a hybrid pda cell phone thign i saw it on FRESH GEAR on tech tv forgot who makes it thought
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #11 of 12
it's a mock up posted at <a href="http://www.applele.com/" target="_blank">http://www.applele.com/</a>
if you surf around you'll find it there .
post #12 of 12
That's a Pro Speaker, a Pro Mouse, an Apple display, some other PDA and some other stuff poorly put together in Photoshop.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › www.picsel.com Apple PDA WTH is that?