or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Need topic ranking / recommendation system

Need topic ranking / recommendation system

post #1 of 5
You need a topic ranking / rating / recommendation system. It is a good way to show someone's agreement with a post.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by talksense101
You need a topic ranking / rating / recommendation system. It is a good way to show someone's agreement with a post.

May be.

The problem is that many people will only rate at the light of his personal feelings about a particular poster.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by talksense101

I promise if this happens, I will go completely feral. I will make Neo look like a model member. I will give new meaning to the word whiner.

And damn the consequences.

I'm not interested in whether I agree with someone's post or whether someone agrees with mine. I'm interested in posts that are well-argued, intelligent, witty, entertaining, challenging, surprising, informative - whether I agree with them or not.

In the words of Groucho Marx:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
I promise if this happens, I will go completely feral. I will make Neo look like a model member. I will give new meaning to the word whiner.

And damn the consequences.

I'm not interested in whether I agree with someone's post or whether someone agrees with mine. I'm interested in posts that are well-argued, intelligent, witty, entertaining, challenging, surprising, informative - whether I agree with them or not.

In the words of Groucho Marx:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

InactionMan approves of this post! You have gained one reputation point!

You are a good egg.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by InactionMan
InactionMan approves of this post! You have gained one reputation point!

You are a good egg.

Let's see what Little Jacky Boy and Space Cadet Brad think shall we?

Yes let's!

I guess the worms turned huh? I believe that's a right back at ya, InactionMan.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Need topic ranking / recommendation system