or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's WMDs went to Syria.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iraq's WMDs went to Syria. - Page 4

post #121 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
I believe I already debunked this in another thread.

Running a trade deficit drags down the growth of the economy. The reason they do not trade in petroeuro's is because Europe cannot engage in trade deficits because they have no excessive growth. Europe barely has any growth at all and often is stagnant.

No, you didn't debunk it; what you did was entirely miss the point.

You are a business that is trading at a huge loss and spending money you do not have (c/f Argentina). Your currency is massively overvalued, and the dollar is only a reserve currency (when it's actually structurally unsound) because people need dollars to operate their economies ...

... not the other way around.

The state of an economy has absolutely no bearing on its currency's suitability to trade in oil. What you wrote makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's syllogistic; nonsense.

If you needed to have Cuban pesos to buy oil, what do you think would happen to the Cuban peso?

Actually, it's hilarious. Oil can't be traded in euros because Europe can't engage in trade deficits. If oil were traded in euros Europe could have deficits as big as it wanted.

You teach people. My God.
meh
Reply
meh
Reply
post #122 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
The US government feeds it's citizens?

You sound like someone ... stupid.

I didn't mention the US government. You did.

I said America feeds American citizens. American businesses, American workers, the American infrastructure of roads, rail, cars, banks; all this makes up America.

America feeds American citizens.

And if you can't buy oil, or all your transport companies go bust, or all the shops go out of business, if there was a major economic collapse based on a fundamental revaluation of the dollar, America would not be able to feed its citizens.
meh
Reply
meh
Reply
post #123 of 134
Thread Starter 
Here lets make this simple:

in 2003 the GNP was $10,980,000,000,000

deficit was $307,000,000,000 or 2.7% of GNP or approx. 3 pennies on the dollar.

This month the GDP is expected to be $10,672,000,000,000

the deficit is approx. $477,000,000,000 or 4.4% or about 4 pennies on the dollar.

And the national growth rate of the GDP is 3.3%

This is a budgeting issue and not a national emergency.

Good grief. Urge your congressmen and senators to stop or at least slow down some of the giveaway social programs. Bam. End of deficit. Urge your representatives to make the government more efficient. Bam. End of deficit.

Whiners.
post #124 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by Harald
No, you didn't debunk it; what you did was entirely miss the point.

You are a business that is trading at a huge loss and spending money you do not have (c/f Argentina). Your currency is massively overvalued, and the dollar is only a reserve currency (when it's actually structurally unsound) because people need dollars to operate their economies ...

... not the other way around.

The state of an economy has absolutely no bearing on its currency's suitability to trade in oil. What you wrote makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's syllogistic; nonsense.

If you needed to have Cuban pesos to buy oil, what do you think would happen to the Cuban peso?

Actually, it's hilarious. Oil can't be traded in euros because Europe can't engage in trade deficits. If oil were traded in euros Europe could have deficits as big as it wanted.

You teach people. My God.

Your analogy shows your complete and total lack of understanding on this matter. It is so profound that it is a little scary. Worse still you insult others because of your lack of understanding.

You business apparently generates absolutely no profit and instead just racks up debt while doing no business.

A trade deficit simply means we do more business with them, than they do with us. There is nothing wrong with that if you do more business than you need.(growth) A large business can easily turn a profit while having a certain division turn a loss.

No one would claim for an instant that the business is going belly up because of the loss of one division while turning a net profit.

People like yourself believe money and wealth to be a finite thing which is why people like you are so often obsessed with redistributing it. Money is not backed by anything worldwide it is simply an agreed upon means of work unit of value unit. There are some aspects of money that are determined by a sort of network effect, but as we discussed before, to kill that effect, you have to kill the network which means destroying the value of everyone attached to that network. As a result, you often have to have a seperate network of exactly equal value and some profoundly good reason to cause everyone a big disruption.

We had this discussion and we noted that Saudi Arabia could ding the U.S. if they wanted to turn all their own financial reserves into worthless paper and turn their country into the Philippines.

You mock trade deficits, but the reality is that the deficits, which generate excess dollars, are then reinvested back into Western (mostly U.S.) investements. They have traded oil for paper. To get the value from that paper, they have to trade it to others, or they have to reinvestment it back where it came from.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #125 of 134
Thread Starter 
Uh oh:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2637-6257r.htm

Makes you wonder what else was moved.

I should be a political advisor. I do believe I predicted this.

October Surprise meet world.
post #126 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Uh oh:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2637-6257r.htm

Makes you wonder what else was moved.

I should be a political advisor. I do believe I predicted this.

October Surprise meet world.

Sure . . . and hey... do you want to make some real cash through investments?!?!

I got some great property deals for ya . . . just let me know, I can hook ya up.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
post #127 of 134

Someone got his widdle thread locked, so he's reposting the same link in 3 different threads. Such a clever way of thumbing his nose at Anders for locking the thread!

At least this time around he isn't calling it proof that terrorists are providing aid to Kerry.
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #128 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker

Someone got his widdle thread locked, so he's reposting the same link in 3 different threads. Such a clever way of thumbing his nose at Anders for locking the thread!

At least this time around he isn't calling it proof that terrorists are providing aid to Kerry.

Thanks for bringing that up for me...

(As I knew that you would)

It is proof IMO that the terrorists think that it will help get their enemy (Bush) out of office.

That was really the point.

And to reply to your last post:

It looks bad for Russia, the UN and Kerry among others. If true, it makes so many of the "ABB" crowd look very petty and small.
post #129 of 134
Thread Starter 
More info on the Russia-Syria-Iraq WMD transport scheme:

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030...1256-6822r.htm
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9802/12/iraq.equipment/

Not that this is new to Russia - helping rogue nations with WMD that is:

http://www.cdi.org/russia/205-8.cfm

Please proceed to tell me how stupid I am.
post #130 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Thanks for bringing that up for me...

(As I knew that you would)

It is proof IMO that the terrorists think that it will help get their enemy (Bush) out of office.

That was really the point.

And to reply to your last post:

It looks bad for Russia, the UN and Kerry among others. If true, it makes so many of the "ABB" crowd look very petty and small.

Logic Police - Stop That Train..........

If the 'terrorists' are enemies of Bush to the exclusion of being enemies of America then it makes sense to kick his ass to the kerb. Hint: if that's the case you'll have a safe country and live in peace.

If, oth, the 'terrorist's' enemy is America regardless (you really should seek help for this Bush fixation btw - it's not healthy) of President then your post is a crock of BS.

I wonder which it could be ?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #131 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
More info on the Russia-Syria-Iraq WMD transport scheme:

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030...1256-6822r.htm
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9802/12/iraq.equipment/

Not that this is new to Russia - helping rogue nations with WMD that is:

http://www.cdi.org/russia/205-8.cfm

Please proceed to tell me how stupid I am.

A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Bin Laden.

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #132 of 134
Lets bomb Russia!
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
Reply
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
Reply
post #133 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Logic Police - Stop That Train..........

If the 'terrorists' are enemies of Bush to the exclusion of being enemies of America then it makes sense to kick his ass to the kerb. Hint: if that's the case you'll have a safe country and live in peace.

If, oth, the 'terrorist's' enemy is America regardless (you really should seek help for this Bush fixation btw - it's not healthy) of President then your post is a crock of BS.

I wonder which it could be ?

They feel that if Kerry is elected he will pull out of Iraq.

Come on guys, let's quit playing dumb when it is convenient. You are either smart or dumb, you can't have it both ways. You seem to be able to use abstract logic and superior reasoning skills at whim most of the time.
post #134 of 134
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
They feel that if Kerry is elected he will pull out of Iraq.

Come on guys, let's quit playing dumb when it is convenient. You are either smart or dumb, you can't have it both ways. You seem to be able to use abstract logic and superior reasoning skills at whim most of the time.

Maybe that should tell you something about the point you're trying to make.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq's WMDs went to Syria.