or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › French and Germans to Kerry... hell no

French and Germans to Kerry... hell no - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
I am always cautious with this type of report Bunge, but if it's true, it's not very good for Bush. He screwed up a support voluntary, because he was too much in a hurry. And why was he in a hurry : because there was so many WOMD to be find by the US inspectors ...

Anyway it's just conjectures ...

Well, I used the word "maybe" because it doesn't mean "yes" and it doesn't mean "no". It means "I'm not sure" so I think we agree.

It is conjecture, but the truth is it's very plausible. If it turned out to be true I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #122 of 125
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/eu...raq/index.html

Wonder what might make Germany change their mind... or "who", to be more accurate.
post #123 of 125
Why would any of our leaders support a nation that tortures and kills prisoners, ships captured persons to some place outside their own borders to keep them out of their own judical system and starts illegal wars?

Masochism would come to mind...

You spilled the shit, you clean it up. After you have redeemed yourself, if Kerry needs help from us, he better offer a good deal. The only difference to Bush is that there won't be a deal with him, he is a lost cause.
post #124 of 125
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
You have just proved yourself a parrot.

Bush's job is to protect US interests, period. Sure, some uneducated rednecks feel that way, but most straight thinking people see things more clearly.

The very same attitude by your past forefathers, right after WWII, prevailed at that time. Read this and replace Europe with Iraq where appropriate.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1...hallplan1.html

You will find that GWB is following the pattern established way back then. You will also see that any standing in the way was met with a pullout of support for that nation. The plan to help EU recover worked and is proven. There is no reason to believe the same approach won't work in Iraq.

The fact that you and others ignore, despite knowing it's truthfulness, is that the ME and the world is better off without SH in power. You want the luxury of being able to criticize this president, so you won't admit the latter fact. Fine. But, everyone knew that drastic measures were needed to put down the SH problem and quell the growing threat and the widespread acceptance of terrorism in the ME. Spin till you are dizzy, if you haven't already. For the rest of us that want right to be done, recognize the Iraq war for what it is. An attempt to do the right thing for the US and in turn the rest of the world.

Consider it an intervention.

Once again the world doesn't work that way anymore. We have to get along with these other countries because we need them. This isn't High School football where all you have to do is show school spirit and boo the other team. Although I don't think some of you got rid of that notion over the years. You really need to realize we don't run the world and we need the rest of the world as friends. That's the way it works now days and if you don't like it I'm sorry but you're living in the past.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #125 of 125
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/eu...raq/index.html

Wonder what might make Germany change their mind... or "who", to be more accurate.

They are falling over themselves to explain that it was not their intention to publicly state that they were more likely to send troops if Kerry gets elected. The message was loud and clear though, imo.
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › French and Germans to Kerry... hell no