or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush's Earpiece!

Bush's Earpiece! - Page 2

post #41 of 85
The more I read about this the more plausible it seems.

This is excellent.

This article in particular is interesting. http://talk.workunlimited.co.uk/usel...323334,00.html

Excellent. Bush deserves his share of mud.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #42 of 85
Not to defend Bush whatsoever or distract from the story, but it is highly probable for any president to be made to wear a powerful GPS transponder in case he's kidnapped.

Regardless, wireless mic or GPS, I can't believe both couldn't be done invisibly.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #43 of 85
It's a bulletproof vest. The Service makes him wear it in any situation where he is exposed. Don't let me stop the fun though, you guys are obviously having fun in here~ ;p
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #44 of 85
The Bush campaign already said he wasn't wearing a vest, so your belief is speculative and, according to the Bush people, wrong.
post #45 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
The Bush campaign already said he wasn't wearing a vest, so your belief is speculative and, according to the Bush people, wrong.

The Secret Service is in charge of this stuff and they obviously don't disclose details, regardless of which president we're talking about. What the campaign people say is irrelevant, if not outright lie.

Politically, they want it to seem like he's safe enough to be able to not wear a bullet proof vest. Saying he is wearing one is to admit defeat.

From a security standpoint, you don't admit a thing.

I vote GPS transponder of some beefy type.

Secret Service needs to know exactly where "he" (any president) is in an emergency. If the lights are cut, if the building is breached or bombed or if he is separated from the agents, they need to be able to get to him fast.
post #46 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
What the campaign people say is irrelevant, if not outright lie.

Which is exactly why I worded it that way. My concern in that post had more to do with drewprops' unjustified certainty.

Akumulator, if you can find out what was meant by 'wearing a wire,' it would be interesting.

The GPS theory is interesting beyond even this issue. How small can they make it? Certainly if it's possible to make it very small they might have a more discrete and secure way of attaching it to the president. I'd search cryptome, but I can't get to it right now.
post #47 of 85
post #48 of 85
Quote:

hehehe, they also denied that he was wearing a wire, but you believe that... Giant'll make a great politician, use facts when they work in his favor and ignore them when they don't (hey, we're always looking for new ones!).

ack, I can't STAND this forum.....I wish we could lobotomize America and start over again in the middle!
post #49 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops
hehehe, they also denied that he was wearing a wire, but you believe that

Is that so?

Here are the two things I've said about my overall opinion on this:
Quote:
Yeah, well I heard from the far left that Bush was wearing an earpiece. Who to believe? As far as I am concerned, individuals making either accusation are FOS partisans.

Quote:
Personally, I was skeptical about it, and still very much am, just not as much as I was previously.

Quote:
Originally posted by drewprops
ack, I can't STAND this forum.....I wish we could lobotomize America...

Looks like you've already started the process.
post #50 of 85
Quote:
Akumulator, if you can find out what was meant by 'wearing a wire,' it would be interesting.

When I was told about this he didn't refer to it as a wire, he used three letters and no it wasn't GPS. I think it started with an I. He definately said that it was an earpiece. I'll let you know tomorrow. The only thing is I can't post from work.... the entire department uses the same IP and it's banned from this site. Giant, if you want I can email you from work if you give me your email address. Otherwise you'll have to wait until I'm off around midnight.
post #51 of 85
Done. If you get a chance to do so I'll post it here.
post #52 of 85
Some of the Flag pins you see senior official wear may be wired. Pens may be wired.
Some officials (hijack risk) are also rumoured to get barium tracer injections or implanted chips (since clothing and or bracelets might be removed).

Secret service would probably deny anything purely on policy.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #53 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by Akumulator
When I was told about this he didn't refer to it as a wire, he used three letters and no it wasn't GPS. I think it started with an I.

IUD.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #54 of 85
OPE
</strangelove>
post #55 of 85
his tailor, George de Paris, says the folds are normal in their suits...

wait a minute! ... George de PARIS?!?

Is that Paris, Texas, or is Bush a french-loving traitor???
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #56 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by New

I don't care too much for GWB being prompted for his replies. But the tailor needs to be shot. My suit doesn't fold like this and I haven't seen anyone else with such a fold either.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #57 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by New

wait a minute! ... George de PARIS?!?

Is that Paris, Texas, or is Bush a french-loving traitor???

This has got to be a joke. What tailor would admit to producing a shitty suit (and I'm sorry - if those folds are "normal" than it IS a shitty suit)? This rumor is obviously BS.
post #58 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
This has got to be a joke. What tailor would admit to producing a shitty suit (and I'm sorry - if those folds are "normal" than it IS a shitty suit)? This rumor is obviously BS.

I think the tailor suggested it was more a question of bad posture...
post #59 of 85
or maybe he didn't.

Link
post #60 of 85
Akumulator says his information is that it was an IFB.

For example:
http://www.comtek.com/IFBCueing/ifbcueing.html

Very interesting.
post #61 of 85
So, I'm curious about something. Assuming for a minute that bush did have an earpiece, is this a well known thing in the media? Is it only being reported as an "internet rumor" because it can't be proven?

Another element that is convincing me is that two people I know who have been closely involved with many major political events are basically like "of course he had an earpiece," as if I am crazy for being skeptical. \
post #62 of 85
Hehe. Interesting thread. LIke you fools have never seen geometrically perfect wrinkles. Get a life you pinko-liberal-commie-bastards!!

I have my doubts but trust me, I am wishing , hard, for this to be true. How about the Dems hire some heavy duty geeks to jam the frequency, or better yet, either take it over and feed him funny stuff that will completely **** his concentration ("lalalala dork lalalala twins having sex with Kerry lalalala") or create a loud "hot mic" sound that will make him make painful funny faces.
post #63 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
I have my doubts but trust me, I am wishing , hard, for this to be true. How about the Dems hire some heavy duty geeks to jam the frequency, or better yet, either take it over and feed him funny stuff that will completely **** his concentration ("lalalala dork lalalala twins having sex with Kerry lalalala") or create a loud "hot mic" sound that will make him make painful funny faces.

Ah, if only MIT was hosting the final debate...

Then again, it's all good fun, until the SS (sorry, I mean "Secret Service") declares you a National Security Threat and hauls you off to Gitmo.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #64 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
How about the Dems hire some heavy duty geeks to jam the frequency, or better yet, either take it over and feed him funny stuff that will completely **** his concentration ("lalalala dork lalalala twins having sex with Kerry lalalala") or create a loud "hot mic" sound that will make him make painful funny faces.

The Dems will never go for the jugular, not on Iraq, not on 911 and sure as hell not on this.

Kerry will just do his usual roll-over - it's all for the public.

This issue will die, except on the blogs and places like here. The Dems won't touch it.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #65 of 85
Potential culprit (via Gizmodo)
post #66 of 85
If one were going to hack the wireless stream...

would it be better to spoof Bush's feed or pipe Rove's instructions out...

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
post #67 of 85
Another story from salon.

Quote:
Now a technical expert who designs and makes such devices for the U.S. military tells Salon that he believes the bulge is indeed a transceiver designed to receive electronic signals and transmit them to a hidden earpiece lodged in Bush's ear canal.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html
post #68 of 85
Frankly, considering how badly the Prez flopped in the first debate, is this hubbub really justified?

Republican #1: "Why is he doing such a poor job in this debate?"

Republican #2: "It's that damn earpiece!"

If anything, Democrats should hope he wears one for the next debate.
post #69 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by BuonRotto
Frankly, considering how badly the Prez flopped in the first debate, is this hubbub really justified?

Republican #1: "Why is he doing such a poor job in this debate?"

Republican #2: "It's that damn earpiece!"

If anything, Democrats should hope he wears one for the next debate.

The thing is, if Bush did that badly with Karl Rove whispering in his ear, without electronic assistance Bush probably would have just grunted, grimaced and drooled, and maybe blurted out something incoherent about "that evil-doer terr'rist Osama Hussein".

From the second debate, it's obvious that Bush can do much better than the first debate (but still not great if you have reasonably high standards for how smart and informed a President should be) if he crams for many long hours and if Karl doesn't let Dubya sit up all night watching Bugs Bunny cartoons and snorting coke the day before the debate.

I can easily imagine Bush having had a special training session before the second debate where his aids wore Kerry masks and hurled insults at him until, after long practice, Bush managed to reduce his reactions from obvious petulance down to a slight facial twitch.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #70 of 85
Well, there it was again. C-SPAN had a nice, high-contrast shot of Bush's back as he was shaking hands after the debate ended. The same shape that was there in the first debate was there again tonight. It was unmistakable. So who knows what it was, but it was still there. Obviously not a wrinkle or a fold.
post #71 of 85
Was anyone watching this 3rd debate with the idea floating in the back of their head that Bush WAS being fed his material? It sure made me notice things about him that I never really noticed before.

Like how often he skips words without completely finishing them in order to move on to another phrase. Or how he sometimes mumbles what he's saying quietly and not so clear as if he's reading something. All while have a confused look on his face.
post #72 of 85
Quote:
Originally posted by Towel
Well, there it was again. C-SPAN had a nice, high-contrast shot of Bush's back as he was shaking hands after the debate ended. The same shape that was there in the first debate was there again tonight. It was unmistakable. So who knows what it was, but it was still there. Obviously not a wrinkle or a fold.

post #73 of 85
Obviously that's just a wrinkle in his coat.

"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #74 of 85
Quote:

I think that's one of those things that attached itself to Ambassodor Mollari in Babylon 5.

The Keeper just decided to slide down Bush's back instead of sitting on his shoulder so Bush could get his tie on straight.
post #75 of 85
That NBC pic makes me think it's a bullet proof vest, personally.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #76 of 85
Or a corset

post #77 of 85
Any credibility in this video (Windows Media sadly)

http://www.livingstonemusic.net/bushfeed.htm
post #78 of 85
Early blog discussions of the earpiece cited transcripts of that video among others to support the theory that audible prompting can be heard in some Bush events.
post #79 of 85
Bush bulge slideshow and complete photo gallery.
post #80 of 85
MacMinute cracks the case as revealed by their editor-in-chief.

iBulge

We should've been onto this.

(The idea of a darling little iPod that close to George makes me nauseous.)
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush's Earpiece!