or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bomb in egypt just on the boarder to Israel

Bomb in egypt just on the boarder to Israel

post #1 of 7
Damn.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ion/index.html

Again very sad for those affected and the consequences will be very sad for the non existing process.

- Retaliations and/or tighten up of the palestinian control

- Foreign terror interference in the israel-palestinian conflict, making it harder to come to a peace deal

-Less contact between the citizens of Israel and their neighbors, developing the idea that the neighbors in the middle east are dangerous.

Besides I have been there at the hotel, been on the beach, almost flown over it touching down in Eilat. Just like last blast in Beersheba it just hits more at home that those in Jerusalem and TA

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #2 of 7
BBC news 24 were reporting that it was probably a gas explosion
post #3 of 7
This morning, BBC are reporting 1 major car bomb and 2 small explosions in a camp site.

Can a car bomb really cause that much damage? Like the whole side of a large building collaping.

Is it correct that every terrorist act seems to get automatically aligned to Al-Queda? or is this just demonizing to keep us all scared?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
Is it correct that every terrorist act seems to get automatically aligned to Al-Queda? or is this just demonizing to keep us all scared?

No - there is Zarqawi too.

And yes.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 7
Not all. But this is not palestinian work for sure.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Not all. But this is not palestinian work for sure.

It seems to have the signature of Al-Kaida, the multiple simultaneous bombings on different locations.

If it's Al-Kaida, then it seems that organization feels the need to help out Hamas in retaliating, as Hamas seems a bit weakened because of the wall and the assassinations of its leaders.

Unfortunately the victims are again civilians, 33 dead israeli civilians and dozens wounded. Add to that the 16 dead israelis of the bus-bombings, and the 4 in the car of the settlers, and the one jogger, it amounts to about 60 killed israeli civilians.

On the other hand Israel has killed more than 100 palestinian civilians since the end of September, and about 300 in the six months before.

Nightcrawler
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler
On the other hand Israel has killed more than 100 palestinian civilians since the end of September, and about 300 in the six months before.

Add to that the ten year-old girl who was shot in her classroom today.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bomb in egypt just on the boarder to Israel