or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 2nd Presidential Debate

2nd Presidential Debate

post #1 of 252
debate starting in a few

post opinions here
post #2 of 252
muhahah here come the questions on wmd's & iraq
post #3 of 252
Kerry disarms all including his opponent by coming out with a big smile and gladhanding the president like an old pal.

He takes a question about being wishy washy and uses it for an opening statement summarizing Bush's domestic failures.

Bush replies by saying Saddam 18 times to paint him as wishy washy.

Now they are being asked about Iraq.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #4 of 252
Bush is melting down.

You can tell he's losing patience/his drive inbetween and when listening to questions.

Should be interesting.
post #5 of 252
Well, it's official.

Bush says we invaded Iraq to depose Saddam because "he WANTED to restart his weapons programs" - that's a direct quote.

Be careful what you want, thought crime violations are being enforced, cowboy-style.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #6 of 252
shit.....kerry is going for the jugular.
post #7 of 252
Here comes the Global Test row....
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #8 of 252
how the hell is bush reading saddams mind ?

this is as nutty as adolf thinking all the jews were going to take over
the world (im halfway thru reading "the rise & fall of the 3rd riech")
brilliant book by holocaust surviors

whats even interesting is the way the crowd is looking at bush
is it me or does there appear to be skeptism in their eyes
whenever bush is speaking
post #9 of 252
Kerry should attack the "wrong war" quote head-on.

"Yes, Mr. President, it WAS a mistake to invade Iraq - the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time. But YOU got us into this, and we're there, and we need to build international support to turn this thing around".

Or something like that...
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #10 of 252
people are also beginning to drift when kerry speaks....

kerry needs to have a few memorable one line zingers & then shut up
post #11 of 252
Quote:
Originally posted by madmax559
people are also beginning to drift when kerry speaks....

kerry needs to have a few memorable one line zingers & then shut up

perhaps....but bush is speaking as if he's pissed off and with force. it's kind of scary. kerry seems to be pissing him off. i think he may blow.
post #12 of 252
I wish kerry would have answered the Iran question better.
post #13 of 252
i hope he looses his cool & attacks kerry with a mic

grin!~!~ that way kerry will be a shoo-in & can get another
purple heart or atleast a purple bruise

btw whats a internets ?
post #14 of 252
Bush is railing aginst "bi-lateral relationships".

I think he's confused the North Korean talks with the anti-gay constitutional amendment....
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #15 of 252
Hey, did you guys hear about that rumor on the internets?

By the way, can I get to these other internets with safari?
post #16 of 252
Bush: "internets..."

Bush is hopping mad. He keeps jumping up and spewing more WMD tripe.
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
"[Saddam's] a bad guy. He's a terrible guy and he should go. But I don't think it's worth 800 troops dead, 4500 wounded -- some of them terribly -- $200 billion of our treasury and counting, and...
post #17 of 252
"I hear there are rumors on these internets..." - Bush

o lord. sounds like my 76 year old baseball coach in HS.
post #18 of 252
"There are rumors on the internets!"

-George W. Bush

Awesome!
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #19 of 252
Bush is sounding horse - which just reinforces the impression that he's repeating himself over... and over... and over... and over... till he's ..... OVER.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #20 of 252
Kerry is winning thus far IMO. He's answering Bush. He's talking to the crowd--not yelling at them!!! He's talking to the questioners by name. He's making himself their friend while Bush is being a bully.
post #21 of 252
this is almost better than a SNL skit.

Will Farrell is that you?
post #22 of 252
Bush is arguing and bitching--He JUST LOST THIS DEBATE AND THE ELECTION!!!!
post #23 of 252
MELTDOWN
shout down the moderator
keep it up, bush
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #24 of 252
oh man... steamrolling the moderator...
he is pissed
kerry better keep pushing his buttons...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #25 of 252
OMG Bush just lost his cool
post #26 of 252
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
MELTDOWN
shout down the moderator
keep it up, bush

I called it.

People were laughing at him.
post #27 of 252
Quote:
Originally posted by madmax559
OMG Bush just lost his cool

post #28 of 252
"It's his tax plan!!!"
post #29 of 252
"most important debate of our lifetime?"

maybe even better than Kennedy/Nixon, for those of you out there even older than I am.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #30 of 252
It's official - a quagmire by any other name.

"This war is a long, long war"

Another direct quote from the lame-duck president.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #31 of 252
Broken record again. Bush lost his one bullet last debate. He tried to get it back this debate--BAM he lost his cool.
post #32 of 252
I'm confused by this if/when stuff
post #33 of 252
Kerry is thanking the audience members, by name, for their questions.

Bush is jumping up and attacking their question before they even sit down (ie, Canadian drug import question).
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #34 of 252
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
I'm confused by this if/when stuff

"I'm mak'n sher ther safe."

He keeps yelling at the audience. He could have saved some face on domestic issues but I don't see him doing it.

I thought Bush would do better than he is. I was wrong.
post #35 of 252
Cheney is going to ground Bush when he gets back to the White House.
post #36 of 252
Another rude interruption of the moderator.

Angry, angry monkey !!!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #37 of 252
"go figure!"
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #38 of 252
is it me or does Bush keep winking at people after answering?
post #39 of 252
I LIKE THE WAY THAT BUSH KEEPS YELLING! THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION! I APPRECIATE THAT QUESTION!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #40 of 252
This is too fucking funny. Kerry nailed Bush with a debt zinger. Washington to Reagan v Bush debts.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 2nd Presidential Debate