or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Freedom Eurpoean Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Freedom Eurpoean Style - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
The psychiatrist R D Laing evolved the theory that in an insane world then clinical insanity in fact represented a sane response.

As things have moved on since Laing's time and we are now living in a world of complete and utter idiots, I propose a refinement.

In a world of idiots where 'idiocy' is taken as the height of intellectual achievement then a descent into what such people would label 'idiocy' is not only desirable but absolutely essential.


Does it mean, that (if you were an US citizen) that you would vote for Bush ?
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
Does it mean, that (if you were an US citizen) that you would vote for Bush ?

Well as it happens I have stated this elsewhere on this board quite categorically. I bet you're sorry you missed it heheheh

Obviously my first reaction would be to not vote at all but, were I forced to in some undemocratic, totalitarian fashion and the choice was Kerry or Bush then of course I would vote Bush.

Although they are more or less the same, Kerry is far worse than Bush imo and far more dangerous - he won't ***-up as much for one thing and he seems capable of giving the impression that 'things have changed' when they are just the same.

They're both Skull and Bones aren't they - and you know what that means: devil:
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
...and he (Kerry) seems capable of giving the impression that 'things have changed' when they are just the same.

Well, just like GWB when he says things are improving in Irak. (even when half of his own governement and 95% of the planet sees the contrary :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
They're both Skull and Bones aren't they - and you know what that means: devil:

What do you know exactly about "Skull and Bones" ? Does it means they're friends with Harry Potter ?
I'm The Boss... This Is Champaign...
Merry Christmas !
Reply
I'm The Boss... This Is Champaign...
Merry Christmas !
Reply
post #44 of 50
Many in the US like to delude themselves with the myth that other developed democracies lack the kind of personal freedoms they take for granted, along with lacking entreprising-spirit, the appreciation of hard work, and minimal hygiene.
Many in the various countries of Europe (and some among the Southern-Hermisphere Anglo-Saxons) like to delude themlseves with the myth that the USA is some Dickensian nightmare where all are opiate-of-the-people-crazed hoodlums whose idea of fun is shooting their neighbours (in the rare occasion when they are given some spare time from slaving in the service of their faceless imperialist multinational corporate monster).

And why not let them indulge in this senseless, but let's be fair, harmelss form of amusement?
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein
Many in the US like to delude themselves with the myth that other developed democracies lack the kind of personal freedoms they take for granted, along with lacking entreprising-spirit, the appreciation of hard work, and minimal hygiene.
Many in the various countries of Europe (and some among the Southern-Hermisphere Anglo-Saxons) like to delude themlseves with the myth that the USA is some Dickensian nightmare where all are opiate-of-the-people-crazed hoodlums whose idea of fun is shooting their neighbours (in the rare occasion when they are given some spare time from slaving in the service of their faceless imperialist multinational corporate monster).

And why not let them indulge in this senseless, but let's be fair, harmelss form of amusement?

You have commented here, one hundred old and forthcoming threads here at AI.

Nice new sig BTW
post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
You have commented here, one hundred old and forthcoming threads here at AI.

The theme is quite a recurring one, with subtle and not so subtle variations.

Quote:
Nice new sig BTW

I like to update it now and then. Needless to say my appreciation of Audiard grows with old age (that is: my own).
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
You have commented here, one hundred old and forthcoming threads here at AI.

Really? You think so Powerdoc? That the views of people here are all so simplistic?

How very disappointing.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
Really? You think so Powerdoc? That the views of people here are all so simplistic?

How very disappointing.

I like jam.
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
Really? You think so Powerdoc? That the views of people here are all so simplistic?

How very disappointing.

I didn't say that, nor Immanuel Goldstein claimed this. I was just refering to a particular type of thread opposing US agaisnt Europe that was declined here too many times IMO. As an admin, and former mod of this forum, I feel the obligation to try (and it's become harder and harder) to read all the posts here. Needless to say that I become bored and sometimes fed up (deending on my mood).


Now there is interesting posts here, and without a clear hesitation I will say that your opinion is always welcome
post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
As an admin, and former mod of this forum, I feel the obligation to try (and it's become harder and harder) to read all the posts here.

Perhaps you missed applenut refer to you the other day as "the French mod". Apparently, it was intended as an insult.

I have to say I find this a very odd thing to say
Quote:
Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein
and some among the Southern-Hermisphere Anglo-Saxons

I'm afraid I can't even begin to fathom what that little gem means.


Quote:
Originally posted by Simple Mind
I like jam.

On the other hand.............
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Freedom Eurpoean Style