or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq: obstructs inspectors, proliferation source (2004)

Iraq: obstructs inspectors, proliferation source (2004)

post #1 of 6
In Iraq, UN nuclear inspectors are being impeded. By the US.

Entire nuclear buildings have been dismantled, and the Iraqi government is failing its duty to the UN of reporting such activities.

Enormous amounts of nuclear material has gone missing, and may be fueling proliferation.

We invade countries for less.

I'm supposed to add personal comment at this point but words fucking fail me.
meh
meh
post #2 of 6

The US is beyond the reach of mortal law. We will do as we please, Texas style.! Eeeeha! Now vote for us in November or we will rig the election and be done with it.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #3 of 6
This is the most obvious failure of UN resolution compliance in Iraq. Invade the US! They failed to meet UN requirements and now it's time to face the "serious action".

Scott, what's your take on this. The UN required that the US report all nuclear asset related activity. The US did not do so. Now some nuclear assets have gone "missing". Is this "necessary in the post 9/11 environment"? Is it a "wild conspiracy theory"? Is it "the liberal media"? Is it "Anti-Americanism"?
post #4 of 6
David Kay and Hans Blix think what happened here is "scandalous."

Utter balls-up.
meh
meh
post #5 of 6
The irony can't be overstated: Now the US is hindering IAEA and is not preventing the leakage of nuclear technology, ha!

It is happening the exact same thing that the war was fought for to prevent in the first place, nuclear technology is reaching the hands of terrorist-organizations or other states that seek the development of nukes.

Nightcrawler
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
I disagree, and could prove you're wrong; care to offer any proof that you're not wrong?
post #6 of 6
If the war was actually ABOUT these issues, don't you think the US might, uh, CARE about this stuff?
meh
meh
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iraq: obstructs inspectors, proliferation source (2004)