or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voter registration fraud in Nevada.

Voter registration fraud in Nevada.

post #1 of 14
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story....5&nav=168XRvNe

Quote:
(Oct. 12) -- Employees of a private voter registration company allege that hundreds, perhaps thousands of voters who may think they are registered will be rudely surprised on election day. The company claims hundreds of registration forms were thrown in the trash.

Anyone who has recently registered or re-registered to vote outside a mall or grocery store or even government building may be affected.

The I-Team has obtained information about an alleged widespread pattern of potential registration fraud aimed at democrats. Thee focus of the story is a private registration company called Voters Outreach of America, AKA America Votes.

The out-of-state firm has been in Las Vegas for the past few months, registering voters. It employed up to 300 part-time workers and collected hundreds of registrations per day, but former employees of the company say that Voters Outreach of America only wanted Republican registrations.

Two former workers say they personally witnessed company supervisors rip up and trash registration forms signed by Democrats.

"We caught her taking Democrats out of my pile, handed them to her assistant and he ripped them up right in front of us. I grabbed some of them out of the garbage and she tells her assisatnt to get those from me," said Eric Russell, former Voters Outreach employee.

Eric Russell managed to retrieve a pile of shredded paperwork including signed voter registration forms, all from Democrats. We took them to the Clark County Election Department and confirmed that they had not, in fact, been filed with the county as required by law.

So the people on those forms who think they will be able to vote on Election Day are sadly mistaken. We attempted to speak to Voters Outreach but found that its office has been rented out to someone else.

The landlord says Voters Outreach was evicted for non-payment of rent. Another source said the company has now moved on to Oregon where it is once again registering voters. It's unknown how many registrations may have been tossed out, but another ex-employee told Eyewitness News she had the same suspicions when she worked there.

It's going to take a while to sort all of this out, but the immediate concern for voters is to make sure you really are registered.

Call the Clark County Election Department at 455-VOTE orclick here to see if you are registered.

The company has been largely, if not entirely funded, by the Republican National Committee. Similar complaints have been received in Reno where the registrar has asked the FBI to investigate.

This should get interesting.

[edit: assisatnt, Thee, WTF? I would loose my jawb if i did that crapt.]
post #2 of 14
My God.

Why do certain (not all, I know) Bush supporters (and members of the Bush Administration) think they need to resort to lying, irrelevant mudslinging, threats of future terrorism, and basically bad behavior, to win this election? It doesn't look like there's much confidence there.

But this is just disgusting. I hope the supervisor in question is convicted of election fraud and serves the maximum prison time allowed. This is not something that's acceptable for supporters of either party.

Anyone care to compare this to Michael Moore handing out underwear?
post #3 of 14
I'm in favor of the death penalty for the people that do this.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #4 of 14
How 'bout we call them democracy-hating terrorists, and ship 'em off to Gitmo?
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #5 of 14
"But Democrats do it too," or so sayeth the right.

Show me the money.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #6 of 14
More fraud in Oregon by the same group?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/arc..._10.php#003666
post #7 of 14
BTW: This group is explicitly funded by the GOP. From a job posting:
Quote:
Paid for by the Republican National Committee. www.gop.com

http://nonprofit.careerbuilder.com/J...151005482-x5-2
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
BTW: This group is explicitly funded by the GOP. From a job posting:

http://nonprofit.careerbuilder.com/J...151005482-x5-2

I stand by my previous statement.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
My God.

Why do certain (not all, I know) Bush supporters (and members of the Bush Administration) think they need to resort to lying, irrelevant mudslinging, threats of future terrorism, and basically bad behavior, to win this election?

Yeah, I fear they're going to steal this election, one way or another, just like they did in 2000. Sh*t like this really pisses me off, and there's a lot of it going around lately. I'm anxious to see what else surfaces between now and Nov. 2.

This thread's just as good as any to post this. I found it a couple days ago... enjoy.

http://www.knife-party.net/movs/barry.mov

If we can't vote these people out, we're f*cked.
post #10 of 14
But its all FOR Democracy . . .

you guys just don't get it . .

it became necessary to destroy your vote in order to allow votes . . .

This is utterly utterly dispicable!!

These people should be rounded up and charged with treason!!!

How wide spread is this?
Copled with the cars being run off roads, and the past intimidation levels that are sure to just get worse, and DMZ burning books, I say that we are loosing democracy to a bunch of thugs . . . what's next? a new Night of Long Knives?

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #11 of 14
Yeah, and at this point it's probably too late to figure out who's registration got thrown out. And probably not enough time before election to allow them to reregister.
post #12 of 14
Hey neo dmz common man SDW SCott and Nick what do you think about this?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
Hey neo dmz common man SDW SCott and Nick what do you think about this?

The same thing they think about Abu Ghraib, and the Chinese business lady that was beaten and kicked at the Canadian border. They'll claim it's an individual case, and not in any way a reflection of the Republican mindset.

While it may be true that these are individual cases, it needs to be pointed out that these kind of things are actually a predictable byproduct of the current Republican neofascist policy.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Akumulator
This thread's just as good as any to post this. I found it a couple days ago... enjoy.

http://www.knife-party.net/movs/barry.mov

If we can't vote these people out, we're f*cked.

very "cool" \
I just wish that they had included Karl Rove in it as well as Cheney et al.

I wouldn't say that we are "fucked" tho... there IS still the rest of the government... Not the end of the world... but it is getting there...

all the more reason for more then just two major parties... but that is a distant goal compared with taking back the presidency (and the conservative party know as the GOP)
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voter registration fraud in Nevada.