or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bumper Stickers: Road Warrior

Bumper Stickers: Road Warrior

post #1 of 18
So I have my shiny new Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on my car. It's not on the bumper but on my rear window. I've had it on my car for about two weeks now.

Monday I was driving to work down the 210 freeway heading toward Covina. While I was merging onto the 605 I noticed that a couple construction workers in a big 4X4 pickup truck were on my ass, tailgating. Once I finished merging onto the 605 they pulled up next me, parallel, and tried spitting on my car. Thankfully these tools didn't understand physics as the wind was keeping their loogies from hitting me.

Then the guy driving the truck started slowly inching into my lane, forcing me into the service lane. My mind was racing with "what the fuck" and "what did I do to piss these guys off". Once I had hit the brakes, backed off and got back onto the road I noticed that the 4x4 truck had a huge BC '04 sticker on the rear window.

Yesterday on Kevin & Bean's morning radio show (KROQ) they were talking about all the retaliations against those with bumper stickers in their cars. Republicans were calling in complaining about their cars getting keyed. Democrats were calling in about road rage committed towards them. It appeared that this "rage" was being equally applied by both sides.

Have we entered an age of extreme partisanship? Do I have to fear for my own safety by simply showing my allegiance to my party? Is it worth it?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #2 of 18
Hmm
Time to get a paintball gun.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #3 of 18
If someone on the freeway is fuc%king with you, call 911. I did it on PCH the other day when I had practically the same thing happen to me (tailgating, inching into my lane; no spitting, but the passenger did give me the finger). I called 911, told them the salient points, adding that I think the driver may have been drunk. About 5 minutes later I passed them having a little "discussion" with one of CHP's finest. Too bad the a$$hole who was dicking with my car for my Kerry sticker had plates that expired five months ago..
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
post #4 of 18
If it's true that it's so widespread, that's really, really sad. WTF is going on?
post #5 of 18
Personally, I think it'd be pretty funny to drive around with a K/E sticker and a B/C sticker.
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #6 of 18
yes. it's a sad, sad america
post #7 of 18
o please. it's nothing new.

try driving in Boston with Yankee world series plates and stickers or vice veras (well, minus the world series)

or parking at Stanford with Cal stickers.....or vice versa.

(note: just joking, but it is true. some people are just dicks)
post #8 of 18
Well, I certainly wouldn't risk driving n front of you with a "Yankees Suck!!!" bumper sticker on my car. You've already proven yourself. And now by saying "Oh, please, it's nothing new" you seem to be implying that this kind of behavior doesn't deserve criticism, which makes me wonder if you condone it.
post #9 of 18
You should have just pulled your gun out of the glove box and shown them you weren't some liberal pushover.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
You should have just pulled your gun out of the glove box and shown them you weren't some liberal pushover.

Nice one! Double sarcastic self-critical irony. I like it.
post #11 of 18
hey, it feels like i live in bumper-sticker mecca in my neck of the woods, and i have been concerned about the EXACT same thing. bumper stickers for bush/cheney outnumber kerry-edwards 10 to 1, and some of these hillbilly yokels wouldn't think twice about screwing with you at 70 mph, or messing with your car in a parkign lot while you're in a grocery store. i've had friends called all sorts of derogatory things for havign kerry/edwards lawn signs, and several of them have been "removed" int he middle of the night.

thankfully, my own street has remained a-politiclal , lawn-sign wise, but on others, it's open warfare.
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Well, I certainly wouldn't risk driving n front of you with a "Yankees Suck!!!" bumper sticker on my car. You've already proven yourself. And now by saying "Oh, please, it's nothing new" you seem to be implying that this kind of behavior doesn't deserve criticism, which makes me wonder if you condone it.

actually you're right. if I ever saw you in person I'd probably beat the living shit out of you or do whatever I could to cause you severe harm and suffering. But that's because of what I think of you. Not the bumper sticker you have.

BTW, try some reading comprehension. I know it's really tough for you and your squinty eyes.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by applenut
actually you're right. if I ever saw you in person I'd probably beat the living shit out of you or do whatever I could to cause you severe harm and suffering. But that's because of what I think of you. Not the bumper sticker you have.

BTW, try some reading comprehension. I know it's really tough for you and your squinty eyes.

Ahhh, the Yankee fan. Scum of the earth.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

yep, roll down the window and say "i see you've noticed my observance of the first amendment. now let me show you the second..."

post #15 of 18
Quote:

What did I miscomprehend? Let me know and I'll respond.

As far as your violent tendencies against people who have done no more harm to you than simply to disagree with you and point out when you're behaving like a child, I think that says it all right there. Should I respect you? Fear you? Actually, if you so insecure that you feel the need to threaten people like this, then all I do is pity you. If you would actually behave in such a manner (and it's not just some hot air pussy threat) then I seriously hope you get professional help, before you end up in jail.

Over the last few weeks I've had a nagging feeling that I know who Common Man really is. Especially after your paralell "fag" comments and recent clues you've given regarding your usually more subtly presented political leanings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And I am also suggesting to a certain "French Mod" that you be temp banned for these sophomoric comments.

You have a lot of growing up to do, Eric. Now go and take your aggression out on the mound with a wicked fastball rather than on these boards with stupid childish threats.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
What did I miscomprehend? Let me know and I'll respond.

um....perhaps the fact that i was joking in my first post and pointing out how dumb people were that did that kind of stuff and in no means condoning it. i was trying to point out how it also extends to other areas....(NY vs Boston, college rivals, etc)

and you felt the need to attack me

Quote:
As far as your violent tendencies against people who have done no more harm to you than simply to disagree with you and point out when you're behaving like a child, I think that says it all right there. Should I respect you? Fear you? Actually, if you so insecure that you feel the need to threaten people like this, then all I do is pity you. If you would actually behave in such a manner (and it's not just some hot air pussy threat) then I seriously hope you get professional help, before you end up in jail.

once again, i was just being sarcastic and trying to reply in a manner you'd apparently "expect". I'll be honest, I don't particularly like you, and I think you often go out of your way to try and attack me or point out how much more mature you are than me. I think that says a lot more about your maturity than mine. But if you think I'm some kind of savage that would attack random people because they pretend to be tough online than you really don't know me. again, sarcasm.....sorry if you misinterpreted it.

Quote:
Over the last few weeks I've had a nagging feeling that I know who Common Man really is. Especially after your paralell "fag" comments and recent clues you've given regarding your usually more subtly presented political leanings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

i really wonder if you could be serious about this question? If anything, I don't hide and am never afraid to say something, whether it makes a full out of myself or not. I've done over 5,000 posts of that with this user name....why would I need to create another? I've got nothing to hide.

Quote:
And I am also suggesting to a certain "French Mod" that you be temp banned for these sophomoric comments.

i suggested the same to a certain "French Mod" in regards to you. I guess you could call us even.

Quote:
You have a lot of growing up to do, Eric. Now go and take your aggression out on the mound with a wicked fastball rather than on these boards with stupid childish threats

1. I think the same advice could be given to you
2. I wish I could go and pitch....too bad my shoulder/elbow wouldn't agree with it. These days I take my aggression out in rowing....and do so pretty well considering I won the National Champioship in my first year of rowing and beat Harvard in the finals by open water.
post #17 of 18
Without quoting it, that's a fair enough response, and I apologize for not recognizing your sarcasm.
Quote:
These days I take my aggression out in rowing....and do so pretty well considering I won the National Champioship in my first year of rowing and beat Harvard in the finals by open water.

I had a classmate from High School who rowed for Cal. Tommy Oei. Don't know if they achieved anything that year, though. Congratulations.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally posted by rok
yep, roll down the window and say "i see you've noticed my observance of the first amendment. now let me show you the second..."

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bumper Stickers: Road Warrior